• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shiftry GX

Years
Basically, the idea here is to have a fun deck centered around Shiftry GX's Extrasensory. Here's my skeleton list:

4-4-4 Shiftry GX
4 Marshadow SLG
2-2 Alolan Ninetales LTD
1 Tapu Lele GX

4 Choice Band
4 Judge
4 Copycat
4 Acerola
4 Rare Candy
4 Net Ball

10 Grass Energy
4 DCE

Kinda at a loss for the last 7 cards, and not quite sold on what's already in this list.

Maybe Virizon GX? Maybe a 2-2 of the LTD Grovyle? Oranguru? Lusamine? Pal Pad? Order Pad? Professor Elm's Lecture?

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
Basically, the idea here is to have a fun deck centered around Shiftry GX's Extrasensory. Here's my skeleton list:

4-4-4 Shiftry GX
4 Marshadow SLG
2-2 Alolan Ninetales LTD
1 Tapu Lele GX

4 Choice Band
4 Judge
4 Copycat
4 Acerola
4 Rare Candy
4 Net Ball

10 Grass Energy
4 DCE

Kinda at a loss for the last 7 cards, and not quite sold on what's already in this list.

Maybe Virizon GX? Maybe a 2-2 of the LTD Grovyle? Oranguru? Lusamine? Pal Pad? Order Pad? Professor Elm's Lecture?

Ultra ball x4
2-2 grovyle

Lose 2 of the nuzleaf

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
If you're going with Grovyle, I'm a fan of the "stick one copy of baby Sceptile in for Buzzwole protection", but that also helps with the Blacephalon matchup that looks very scary for this.

Apricorn Maker may not be a bad idea, what with the Nets, Ultras, and Nests.

As you said, Virizion to wipe your Lele/Marshmallows may not be a bad idea, but I htink there are better ways to use the slot.

I also don't think you need 14 Energy here. You attack for two, one of which is . Oh, and you can also throw in a Rainbow or three to allow you to Acerola scoop Marshmallows and allow for Sublimation if that's your thing. I run 2 Rainbow in my current Penguins list for that very reason.

There's like 7 bajillion things you can run in Shiftry, none of which are "essential". I think it comes down to preference.

Years
I like all the suggestions. I will need an opportunity to parse out this list and actually trial the ideas.

That said, I'm probably not gonna face much that's going to actually put the deck through its paces in the near term.

Back