The PokéCommunity Forums General Pokémon Discussions Pokémon General
"But Pokemon is for kids"

Pokémon General The home for theories, clubs, polls, and other discussions involving the Pokémon franchise that aren't covered in any of the other boards.

Old August 27th, 2018 (7:58 PM).
In too deep inside these streets aligned.

Nature: Lonely
Pokemon is for kids is the most annoying thing, ever. Pokemon is for everyone, except the haters, of course, they can psyducking leave.
Old August 29th, 2018 (7:31 PM).
~Pokemon fan 4 life~

Nature: Sassy
In Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, you can say you've played pokemon for 20+ years.

So, the creators sure don't think this is 'just a kids game' :P

I didn't make this but its wonderful and beautiful :3 x3

Hiyo, i'm Jirachu~<3 Kawaii Pikachu and Jirachi cross, though now my favorite Pokemon character is Korrina; and I crush HARD on her lemme tell ya lol :3
Jackster is a good friend of mine on this forum so be nice to him please.
I wanna make other good friends here too ^_^
Being girly is wonderful!!!!! :D

And Pokemon is forever special to me :)
Old August 29th, 2018 (9:44 PM).

Nature: Jolly
It's so interesting because I think this whole "Pokemon is for babies/kids!!" kind of mindset, at least in my experiences, has been more perpetuated years ago than it is currently. I think because of the success of Pokemon Go, more and more people are getting into Pokemon that really haven't before, so you don't really see very many people make these kinds of comments.
Old September 11th, 2018 (11:31 AM).
Canine pokemon fan

Nature: Gentle
    I keep saying about Pokemon in my workplace to my female friend, then she asks if i'm 3, then when i quote Aim to be a pokemon master's "under the girl's skirt" she thinks it's dirty

Pokemon and DB are for kids, but it's too mature for us

Original nick - BH
    Name - Bartek
    Old September 11th, 2018 (3:09 PM). Edited September 13th, 2018 by Enpatsu Shakugan.
    Banned

Nature: Hasty
    I don't think it's untrue. It pretty much is aimed at kids. The anime alone is a prime example of it.

It's why when I say I like the games to those unfamiliar, I have to stress it's for RPG purposes only. Because of the stigma attached.
    And if I'm being totally honest, apart from just the gameplay itself, I find the entire franchise of Pokemon to actually be quite embarrassing overall.
    Old September 12th, 2018 (11:02 PM).
    ~Pokemon fan 4 life~

Since I present myself as a 'girly girl' pretty much all the time in real life, I kinda don't care if people know if I like something 'childish' :P I mean, girly girls typically like cute things? So people probably don't care too much overall when I tell them i'm a pokemon fan. Not when I already wear cute dresses and make up when I go out a lot lol

They probably just assume i'm into something 'for kids' for the sake of adorable xD Not too bad I suppose.

Hiyo, i'm Jirachu~<3 Kawaii Pikachu and Jirachi cross, though now my favorite Pokemon character is Korrina; and I crush HARD on her lemme tell ya lol :3

Old September 13th, 2018 (12:59 AM).
    I was saying Boo-urns

Quote:
    Originally Posted by colours View Post
    It's so interesting because I think this whole "Pokemon is for babies/kids!!" kind of mindset, at least in my experiences, has been more perpetuated years ago than it is currently. I think because of the success of Pokemon Go, more and more people are getting into Pokemon that really haven't before, so you don't really see very many people make these kinds of comments.
    Yeah definitely, most of the people who've been joining our local TCG league since GO are 20+. Its part nostalgia, part rediscovery of a franchise they loved and now love again.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Entei Fan View Post
    I keep saying about Pokemon in my workplace to my female friend, then she asks if i'm 3, then when i quote Aim to be a pokemon master's "under the girl's skirt" she thinks it's dirty

Pokemon and DB are for kids, but it's too mature for us
    In fairness if someone tried to talk to me about sexual acts whilst calling themselves a pokemon master I'd probably either walk off or laugh at them. You should try either talking about why you like it despite its perceived audience, or if your friend doesn't like it or thinks its childish you could try not talking about it to her.
    Old September 17th, 2018 (10:28 AM). Edited September 20th, 2018 by Entei Fan.
    Canine pokemon fan

Nature: Gentle
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Palamon View Post
      Pokemon is for kids, but that doesn't mean teens and adults can't enjoy it
      (Fixed)

Quote:
      You should try either talking about why you like it despite its perceived audience, or if your friend doesn't like it or thinks its childish
      Kinda like it, there's also a male friend who does pokemon related movies on YT, i want to exchange with him Pokemon trading cards, he claims he has 300 of them

Original nick - BH
      Name - Bartek
      Old October 12th, 2018 (4:11 AM). Edited October 12th, 2018 by LadyJirachu.
      ~Pokemon fan 4 life~

Sometimes, its kind of FUN when other people claim to 'outgrow' Pokemon.

Just cuz you can possably get free pokemon stuff out of them then >D Hahaha.

(...even if its still silly they think they're 'too old' for it xP still, haha. THINK OF THE FREE HAND ME DOWNS PEOPLE!!! :P *evil laughter*)

Old October 13th, 2018 (3:33 AM).

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Mawa View Post
        Pokemon is for kids. That's something I got told a lot, well I used to hear a lot.

What do you think about it? Is this comment still present in your life? I don't know why but it is not as present in my life as before. Did it had an impact on how you play the game or call yourself a Pokemon lover? How do you respond to this kind of comments about Pokemon?
        Well, Pokémon is for kids. That's a fact.

That said, something aimed at kids can be enjoyed by adults too. Adults only need to accept it for what it is.

Quick Reply