• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your first pokemon

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
Years
mudkip.gif

The first Pokemon I ever obtained and battled with.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Sentret in Silver Version. I don't recall evolving it or even keeping it on my team long-term, which is a shame since I adore Furret these days. I actually caught a Shiny Sentret not long ago, now a pink Furret and my main partner in SoulSilver. I'm currently trying to find her some more Shiny friends.

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Pokemon Yellow here and the first time I played it, I caught a Caterpie that later became a Butterfree. I?ve since reset the game multiple times but Butterfree is a solid Generation 1 Pokemon that is only better in the FRLG remakes due to the improvements in Bug Type moves(Silverwind). To this day Butterfree remains my favorite Bug Type.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 28, 2022
Bit of a weird one: first game I owned was FireRed, first catxh being a Pidgey. But the first Pokemon I ever caught on any game was an Entei with a Master Ball in my dad's copy of Silver. I was just wandering around, fighting Rattatas with a Typhlosion when I was like 4 and then this aweasome dog thing comes at me and I throw a Master Ball, thinking that's what I had to throw to become its "Master". I then named my Entei Snuffles, but spelled ALL WRONG

Years
  • Age 23
  • Online now
Pidgey in Leaf Green, and it's nickname was written in gibberish because I was four years old.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 17, 2019
no idea what i first caught but i know i always picked cyndaquil
i played silver so much it was stupid
ive been here ever since

Sirfetch’d

Squirtle was the first Pokemon I ever obtained. I had Blue version so picking the Pokemon closest to the box art felt like what I was supposed to do. As for the first Pokemon I ever caught, that was a Pidgey.

Cool_Porygon

Lurking in the shadows
Years
In Gold, I picked Chikorita but I think the first one I caught was a Pidgey. A very long time ago so I can't remember exactly.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jun 14, 2018
torchic in emerald, but i felt like it's not a genuine one since i played it in an emulator. bought my first gba and pokemon emerald catridge and pick torchic.

Aduitt

Confused
Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2018
Honestly I don't remember.
First game I played was Pokémon emerald so I assume that I caught a Zigzagoon.
Still love it though though.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Pretty sure it was a Sentret, can't fully remember.

The first Pokemon Game I played was Silver, and it was a weird ROM PC hack thing on a disk that I got from my dodgy uncle about 2 years before Pokemon Silver even came out in the UK. So I basically grew up on Generation 2 Pokemon, then got a gameboy with Yellow about 5 years after the rest of the world lol.

LilBueno

Boy Wonder
Years
Charmander was my first starter in Red and I'm 90% sure I caught a Pidgey named "Feathers" first. That was almost 20 years ago, though so memory's a bit fuzzy.

Years
I remember playing Yellow for the 1st time when I was on the vacation. Some random dude let me play from the start and I remember catching Nidoran♀. When I got my own Yellow, I caught it again and Nidoqueen is still one of my favourite Pokémon.

Back