• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Roulette FFA App

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 17, 2023
Hello everyone! While this isn't really a "fan game" per se, I developed a small application that was inspired by Youtubers DuncanKneeDeep and HoodlumScrafty's Pokemon Roulette FFA battles. For those of you who don't know what Roulette FFA battles are, here are some videos from their channels showing them off:
Spoiler:

I was so thrilled with the idea that I wanted to try it out myself... only to realize that the app they used to host these roulette battles was not publicly available. So... I made my own!

Version 0.9 Demo (LATEST)

While this app isn't the prettiest thing in the world (it's very plain), it is actually very customizable for the user, which was one of my design goals while developing it. Currently it only features up to Gen 4 Pokemon, but included with the app is an Excel spreadsheet that can be edited to add in later generations. In addition, I've tried including all the different roulettes and cards that are seen in Duncan and Scrafty's Youtube videos, but these can also be edited and added to. A folder of all images related to each Pokemon, card, and roulette can also be found in the file and can be edited to your liking.

Download Link (Version 0.9):
http://www.mediafire.com/file/hk37904aer96vr5/Pokemon_Roulette_FFA_App_0.9_32-bit.zip

Halloween Filter (LIMITED TIME DOWNLOAD):
http://www.mediafire.com/file/unsn0m8qfxwz7m2/Halloween_Filter.zip

It can also be found in the description of the Youtube video if you want to watch the demo first. Enjoy!

SMALL UPDATE (Version 0.3)

I made some minor changes to the app listed below:

- Added text boxes to allow players to customize their names, instead of static names like "Player 1, Player 2" etc.
- Added 2 new cards, Magic Shield and Magnet Pull
- Minor text fixes

Larger updates will come in the future. Now that it has been out for a few weeks, I've started looking into overhauling the app to make things more user friendly and efficient. Including the later generations is also on the list, but if anyone has already added Gen 5+ into their spreadsheet, please PM me and I can easily update the base spreadsheet for the next official release, allowing everyone else to have access to the newer Pokemon.

32-BIT SUPPORT AND COMPATIBILITY UPDATE
I repackaged the app to support 32-bit. You can find the download link above. However, there a few disclaimers regarding anyone running on a 32-bit OS.

- If you haven't installed the latest updates for various OS-related things, the app may not work on your machine, so try these:

1. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=42643

2. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13255

3. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=23734

- The 32-bit release of the app has been tested and should work on Windows 7 and beyond. If the app is throwing errors for you, please read the error to see if you need to update your .Net Framework, install new OS updates, etc. I had one user tell me he had to install an update to get the app to work.

- Windows Vista was not and will not be tested for compatibility. It is a shaky OS that very few use anymore.

- Windows XP was tested and confirmed incompatible with the app. XP is quite dated and does not support any apps that are built with VS 2012 and beyond. Considering its age, this is understandable.

- For those of you who are running an incompatible OS (whether it be Windows, Mac, or Linux), you can try emulating Windows 7 or another compatible OS using VirtualBox.

UPDATE (Version 0.4)

This update is a little more meaty than the last one. Download links are above. Here are the changes:

- Added a filter feed that keeps track of the selected filter for the user.

- Fixed an issue with the shuffle function. Prior to this fix, the only way shuffling worked was if the filter was manually set to default. Now the shuffle function will automatically reset the filter to default before shuffling, so it doesn't matter which filters users have on beforehand.

- Updated the app's data and images to include all Pokemon up to Gen 7. Major shoutout to LeonGriff and MrIpsilon from the Relic Castle forums for the new data entry. Alternate forms such as Alolan forms will not be included at this time.

- New cards have been included in the spreadsheet, courtesy of both LeonGriff and MrIpsilon. If you don't like some of the new cards, you can change or remove them. Just be sure the ID numbers and Images stay in sequential order and that there's no empty spaces in between the rows of card data on the spreadsheet.

- Note: I have included a Form Change card, but alternate forms are not included at the moment. So for now if you wish to use the Form Change card, you will have to keep track of the changed forms on your own.

UPDATE (Version 0.5)

Version 0.5 is out! Download links have been updated above. A few small but significant improvements will be listed below:

- The Excel spreadsheet now highlights and freezes the top row of categories to make it easier to edit further down the list.

- Cards now use the field for priority/type in the Excel spreadsheet. I put them in there originally, but never got around to actually coding the app to read the card priority and display it for each card. This means that if you plan on creating/editing cards, you no longer have to manually write card priority/type on the image of each card. Just make sure the card's priority is listed in the spreadsheet!

- Alternate forms have been added, their data is located at the end of the Excel spreadsheet. Eventually I would like to add each alternate form after their original form (ex. Alolan Vulpix would be listed after regular Vulpix), but the way I have the app set up now has it read each Pokemon by dex number. If I were to change that, it will alter how the app reads the spreadsheet which could potentially mix up Pokemon names. So for now, if you want an alternate form you will have to either search it with the search function or scroll all the way to the bottom of the list.

- Please note that I only included alternate forms that can normally be changed prior to battle. In other words, Pokemon that only change form in battle such as Castform are not included.

- Alternate forms with no gameplay differences such as Unown and Shellos were omitted from the list. This includes gender-based forms. If a player rolls any of these Pokemon, they may choose whichever form/gender they want. The form change card also has no effect on Pokemon that fall under these categories.

FINAL UPDATE (Version 0.9)

Version 0.9 is out! Download links have been updated above.

This is the FINAL update to this particular app. Winforms has its limitations, so at some point I will be rebuilding the app pretty much from scratch using WPF forms as it's a much better platform for me to make further improvements.

The amount of new changes warranted a big jump in versioning. These new features will be listed below:

- Minor Card/Roulette changes (see changelog)

- CUSTOM FILTERS ARE HERE! You can have up to 3, and changing the names of the filters will reflect in the app as well!

- Support for weighted probability values of cards and roulettes has been added (see changelog)

- After getting a complaint from a user who doesn't have Excel, I've created a way to edit and save the spreadsheet within the app, so
now you don't need Excel to edit data! I would still heavily recommend using Excel if you have it though, the in-app spreadsheet
editing is extremely barebones and limited by comparison. It will also screw up the nice formatting I gave the spreadsheet if you
edit it in-app and then open it in Excel later. But at least now there's an alternative for those without Excel.

- Gen 8 will not be supported until further notice. Users can still create their own custom filter that only allows for Pokemon in
the Gen 8 region, but it will not be supported by the app officially until the national dex is returned. #bringbacknationaldex

Enjoy the app!

Limited Time Bonus: To commemorate the app releasing so close to Halloween, I've included a download link of the spreadsheet with a
Halloween custom filter! This link will only be up for a week, so get it while you can!

Last edited:
Years
Just an idea:
Each Player's pokemon slots should look at themselves + the global rule and do the filters for you automatically (with option to override), just because it seems easier to use

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 17, 2023
Just an idea:
Each Player's pokemon slots should look at themselves + the global rule and do the filters for you automatically (with option to override), just because it seems easier to use

That's the end goal. This is basically just the most bare bones version of the app in a functional state.

I also plan on adding an in-app method for adding Pokemon safely, since editing the files outside of the app could lead to some errors or crashing if done incorrectly. Thanks for the feedback!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 17, 2023
UPDATE (Version 0.4)

Read the main post for more details!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 17, 2023
Version 0.9 is out! Custom filters, Card and Roulette Weighting/Probability, and in-app editing have been added! See the OP for more info!

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 10, 2020
Is this app still being supported? I really like it but can't seem to run it from my computer without errors I suppose it doesn't work with 64bit. I'm not all that knowledgeable with comps but I was excited to use this with Sword and Shield

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 17, 2023
Is this app still being supported? I really like it but can't seem to run it from my computer without errors I suppose it doesn't work with 64bit. I'm not all that knowledgeable with comps but I was excited to use this with Sword and Shield

Can you copy the error you're getting and send it here? If it's the commonly experienced "The 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered" error, you can download this fix: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13255

I didn't create a 64 bit version for V0.9. 64 bit machines should be able to run the 32 bit app.

Back