The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games ROM Hacks Studio Sideshow Showcase
Hack Series Pokémon Eternal X & Wilting Y [Version 2.36 Released]

Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #101    
Old June 11th, 2016 (6:19 PM).
Buffel Saft's Avatar
Buffel Saft Buffel Saft is offline
     
    Join Date: Sep 2013
    Gender: Male
    Posts: 362
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by piko43 View Post
    Can I catch all the legendaries in the latest patch?
    Yes! They're in some pretty dumb places but they're all available.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lun4ticity View Post
    Thanks a bunch^^
    I tried to do that but when I go into the fs partition of the hacking toolkit I always get an error message that the system cant find the specified path.
    Because of that I dont get these folders and binaries.
    That's odd, are your binaries in the same folder as the toolkit? It should just find them automatically as long as they're named correctly.
    Reply With Quote
      #102    
    Old June 12th, 2016 (12:04 PM).
    Lun4ticity Lun4ticity is offline
       
      Join Date: Jun 2016
      Posts: 5
      Yes I have them in the same folder (PackHack; they are called DecryptedRomFS.bin and DecryptedExeFS.bin; also there is a CleanTool in the same folder)
      Reply With Quote
        #103    
      Old June 12th, 2016 (6:25 PM).
      Buffel Saft's Avatar
      Buffel Saft Buffel Saft is offline
         
        Join Date: Sep 2013
        Gender: Male
        Posts: 362
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Lun4ticity View Post
        Yes I have them in the same folder (PackHack; they are called DecryptedRomFS.bin and DecryptedExeFS.bin; also there is a CleanTool in the same folder)
        That's all correct, I don't know what's going on there. Haven't been able to replicate the error on my end either unfortunately. You could try to find an alternative program to decompress the binaries (there are some old command line tools for this on gbatemp), or if you'd like I can give you a couple of patches to apply the hack to them instead. Just let me me know which version you'd like and what you're using to play it.
        Reply With Quote
          #104    
        Old June 13th, 2016 (1:58 AM).
        destinedjagold's Avatar
        destinedjagold destinedjagold is offline
        Oh Hai Thar~
         
        Join Date: May 2007
        Location: Philippines
        Age: 28
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Careful
        Posts: 8,589
        Wanted to play Gen6 again while waiting for Sun/Moon, but they're freaking easy, so I decided to play your hack, Wilting Y Legal Version.

        To those who are interested, I'm uploading on YouTube my battles against bosses on Wilting Y. :3
        __________________

        Reply With Quote
          #105    
        Old June 14th, 2016 (4:51 PM).
        Buffel Saft's Avatar
        Buffel Saft Buffel Saft is offline
           
          Join Date: Sep 2013
          Gender: Male
          Posts: 362
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by destinedjagold View Post
          Wanted to play Gen6 again while waiting for Sun/Moon, but they're freaking easy, so I decided to play your hack, Wilting Y Legal Version.

          To those who are interested, I'm uploading on YouTube my battles against bosses on Wilting Y. :3
          Just watched a few of them, I'm glad to see the bosses are actually putting up a fight. Beating Grant with that team was impressive, you do have a bit of a rock weakness there (won't matter now that he's out of the way though). Would you mind if I added your link to the OP?
          Reply With Quote
            #106    
          Old June 14th, 2016 (5:40 PM).
          destinedjagold's Avatar
          destinedjagold destinedjagold is offline
          Oh Hai Thar~
           
          Join Date: May 2007
          Location: Philippines
          Age: 28
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Careful
          Posts: 8,589
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Buffel Saft View Post
          Would you mind if I added your link to the OP?
          I don't mind at all~
          __________________

          Reply With Quote
            #107    
          Old June 14th, 2016 (8:04 PM).
          DismalAmoeba's Avatar
          DismalAmoeba DismalAmoeba is offline
             
            Join Date: Aug 2014
            Gender: Male
            Posts: 11
            I'm trying to figure out how to make a .CIA, but I ended up with the Nintendo 3DS logo booting for infinity and had to reset. The icon is black and it has nothing to display, no "Pokemon Y" or anything like that. There isn't anything to do after Uncart, so I was stuck with Braindump. Do you know what's going on?
            __________________
            Faker? I think you're the real faker around here. You're comparing yourself to me? Ha! You're not even good enough to be my fake!
            Friend Code: 1263-6258-8121 (Poison)
            Friend Safaris: Swalot, Whirlipede, Seviper.
            Reply With Quote
              #108    
            Old June 14th, 2016 (9:50 PM).
            Buffel Saft's Avatar
            Buffel Saft Buffel Saft is offline
               
              Join Date: Sep 2013
              Gender: Male
              Posts: 362
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by DismalAmoeba View Post
              I'm trying to figure out how to make a .CIA, but I ended up with the Nintendo 3DS logo booting for infinity and had to reset. The icon is black and it has nothing to display, no "Pokemon Y" or anything like that. There isn't anything to do after Uncart, so I was stuck with Braindump. Do you know what's going on?
              I can't say for certain, but those are usually symptoms of building a .CIA without a header (or with a broken one). Did you use the DecryptedExHeader.bin file included in the download? It should work as long as your CFW is region free.
              Reply With Quote
                #109    
              Old June 15th, 2016 (6:35 AM).
              DismalAmoeba's Avatar
              DismalAmoeba DismalAmoeba is offline
                 
                Join Date: Aug 2014
                Gender: Male
                Posts: 11
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Buffel Saft View Post
                I can't say for certain, but those are usually symptoms of building a .CIA without a header (or with a broken one). Did you use the DecryptedExHeader.bin file included in the download? It should work as long as your CFW is region free.
                Yeah, I used the DecryptedExHeader.bin in the download. How do I tell if my CFW is region free?
                __________________
                Faker? I think you're the real faker around here. You're comparing yourself to me? Ha! You're not even good enough to be my fake!
                Friend Code: 1263-6258-8121 (Poison)
                Friend Safaris: Swalot, Whirlipede, Seviper.
                Reply With Quote
                  #110    
                Old June 15th, 2016 (4:20 PM).
                Buffel Saft's Avatar
                Buffel Saft Buffel Saft is offline
                   
                  Join Date: Sep 2013
                  Gender: Male
                  Posts: 362
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by DismalAmoeba View Post
                  Yeah, I used the DecryptedExHeader.bin in the download. How do I tell if my CFW is region free?
                  If it's one of the newer ones (Luma or ReiNand) it's region free by default. Not sure about the others. Which version were you building? I'll see if I can get a working cia made of it, could be a problem with the files themselves.
                  Reply With Quote
                    #111    
                  Old June 16th, 2016 (9:02 AM).
                  DismalAmoeba's Avatar
                  DismalAmoeba DismalAmoeba is offline
                     
                    Join Date: Aug 2014
                    Gender: Male
                    Posts: 11
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Buffel Saft View Post
                    If it's one of the newer ones (Luma or ReiNand) it's region free by default. Not sure about the others. Which version were you building? I'll see if I can get a working cia made of it, could be a problem with the files themselves.
                    Yeah, Luma3DS. I was building the newest version of Pokemon Wilting Y off the base cartridge version of Y.
                    __________________
                    Faker? I think you're the real faker around here. You're comparing yourself to me? Ha! You're not even good enough to be my fake!
                    Friend Code: 1263-6258-8121 (Poison)
                    Friend Safaris: Swalot, Whirlipede, Seviper.
                    Reply With Quote
                      #112    
                    Old June 16th, 2016 (7:13 PM).
                    Lithobraker's Avatar
                    Lithobraker Lithobraker is offline
                    Practicioner of the fine art of breaking one's fall using the ground.
                       
                      Join Date: Feb 2015
                      Location: Pyrite Town, Orre
                      Age: 19
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Jolly
                      Posts: 53
                      Hey, I took another look at this and realized that Buizel isn't even listed as available, you can only catch Floatzel at Level 44.
                      I think it'd be nice if you could try to fit Buizel somewhere into one of the earlier routes. I'd love to use one on my next playthrough, with that massive 120 attack stat.
                      __________________
                      The hull has been breached, and the SCIENCE is leaking out!
                      I am Captain Gordon Freeman of the Intergalactic House of Pancakes, ordering you to open!
                      Reply With Quote
                        #113    
                      Old June 18th, 2016 (10:15 PM). Edited June 19th, 2016 by Buffel Saft.
                      Buffel Saft's Avatar
                      Buffel Saft Buffel Saft is offline
                         
                        Join Date: Sep 2013
                        Gender: Male
                        Posts: 362
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by DismalAmoeba View Post
                        Yeah, Luma3DS. I was building the newest version of Pokemon Wilting Y off the base cartridge version of Y.
                        Are you using the .cro file? I assumed they were the same for X and Y, so the one in the download is from X; seems like they are actually different. Haven't tested it myself, but it a few people have had problems running Y lately so that's probably the issue. Sorry for the hassle, I'll get a fix up tonight.

                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Lithobraker View Post
                        Hey, I took another look at this and realized that Buizel isn't even listed as available, you can only catch Floatzel at Level 44.
                        I think it'd be nice if you could try to fit Buizel somewhere into one of the earlier routes. I'd love to use one on my next playthrough, with that massive 120 attack stat.
                        Yeah, I think there's some room in Route 7's 30 encounter slots, I'll add Buizel in there. It'll be level 19, but at least that's better than level 44.

                        EDIT: Version 1.23 is now available. This should fix the issues with installed Wilting Y games freezing on launch (it's working for me at least). In addition, Buizel has replaced Roselia in the regular grass on Route 7. Roselia can still be found in the yellow and purple flowers.
                        Reply With Quote
                          #114    
                        Old June 19th, 2016 (6:55 PM).
                        Lithobraker's Avatar
                        Lithobraker Lithobraker is offline
                        Practicioner of the fine art of breaking one's fall using the ground.
                           
                          Join Date: Feb 2015
                          Location: Pyrite Town, Orre
                          Age: 19
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Jolly
                          Posts: 53
                          Installing the update now. Thanks, Buffel!
                          While it's doing that, though, I have one question: I've just caught a Budew. I want a Roserade with Technician, so she can have a 90-Power Mega Drain. Does Poison Point become Technician later?
                          __________________
                          The hull has been breached, and the SCIENCE is leaking out!
                          I am Captain Gordon Freeman of the Intergalactic House of Pancakes, ordering you to open!
                          Reply With Quote
                            #115    
                          Old June 19th, 2016 (9:07 PM).
                          Buffel Saft's Avatar
                          Buffel Saft Buffel Saft is offline
                             
                            Join Date: Sep 2013
                            Gender: Male
                            Posts: 362
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Lithobraker View Post
                            Installing the update now. Thanks, Buffel!
                            While it's doing that, though, I have one question: I've just caught a Budew. I want a Roserade with Technician, so she can have a 90-Power Mega Drain. Does Poison Point become Technician later?
                            You're welcome! Yeah, Poison Point becomes Technician (I figured it would be more useful than Leaf Guard). I'm glad to see you noticed the 90 power Mega Drain/Technician combo, Roserade was the reason I made that change in the first place.
                            Reply With Quote
                              #116    
                            Old June 20th, 2016 (9:48 AM).
                            InfernoApe InfernoApe is offline
                               
                              Join Date: Jun 2016
                              Gender: Male
                              Posts: 1
                              Your hack looks awesome man!

                              Wish I could play it.
                              Reply With Quote
                                #117    
                              Old June 20th, 2016 (6:00 PM).
                              Buffel Saft's Avatar
                              Buffel Saft Buffel Saft is offline
                                 
                                Join Date: Sep 2013
                                Gender: Male
                                Posts: 362
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by InfernoApe View Post
                                Your hack looks awesome man!

                                Wish I could play it.
                                Thanks! It'll be playable on PC eventually (right now you can play it in slow motion using citra, wouldn't recommend it though). Alternatively, if you've got a 3DS with an older firmware on it I can point you to a guide to get it set up with custom firmware.
                                Reply With Quote
                                  #118    
                                Old June 20th, 2016 (7:29 PM).
                                DismalAmoeba's Avatar
                                DismalAmoeba DismalAmoeba is offline
                                   
                                  Join Date: Aug 2014
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Posts: 11
                                  I tried it with the new patch, same thing happened, with the blank icon and everything. I placed the .CRO file to replace the one in the RomFS and replaced like the instructions said. No dice.
                                  __________________
                                  Faker? I think you're the real faker around here. You're comparing yourself to me? Ha! You're not even good enough to be my fake!
                                  Friend Code: 1263-6258-8121 (Poison)
                                  Friend Safaris: Swalot, Whirlipede, Seviper.
                                  Reply With Quote
                                    #119    
                                  Old June 21st, 2016 (3:05 PM).
                                  ItsEdwinXD's Avatar
                                  ItsEdwinXD ItsEdwinXD is offline
                                     
                                    Join Date: Apr 2014
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Posts: 4
                                    Will updating the game break any changes?
                                    Reply With Quote
                                      #120    
                                    Old June 21st, 2016 (5:02 PM).
                                    Buffel Saft's Avatar
                                    Buffel Saft Buffel Saft is offline
                                       
                                      Join Date: Sep 2013
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Posts: 362
                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by DismalAmoeba View Post
                                      I tried it with the new patch, same thing happened, with the blank icon and everything. I placed the .CRO file to replace the one in the RomFS and replaced like the instructions said. No dice.
                                      Hmm, I dont know what's going wrong there. I'd suggest downloading a prebuilt cia (hking0036 has downloads for all versions available, a quick google search for "eternal x cia" should find the page), hopefully that will work.

                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by ItsEdwinXD View Post
                                      Will updating the game break any changes?
                                      Yeah, the update will overwrite the wild Pokémon, mart and text changes.
                                      Reply With Quote
                                        #121    
                                      Old June 21st, 2016 (6:18 PM).
                                      DismalAmoeba's Avatar
                                      DismalAmoeba DismalAmoeba is offline
                                         
                                        Join Date: Aug 2014
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Posts: 11
                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by Buffel Saft View Post
                                        Hmm, I dont know what's going wrong there. I'd suggest downloading a prebuilt cia (hking0036 has downloads for all versions available, a quick google search for "eternal x cia" should find the page), hopefully that will work.
                                        Well, I just figured out how to get it working with CFW, specifically arm9loaderhax and Luma3DS. There isn't a custom icon, but it does work. Once I figure out how to change the game ID, I'll type up the tutorial. Can you post a document with important trainer party info? I walked into Insanity Mode and got screwed by Viola off the bat.
                                        __________________
                                        Faker? I think you're the real faker around here. You're comparing yourself to me? Ha! You're not even good enough to be my fake!
                                        Friend Code: 1263-6258-8121 (Poison)
                                        Friend Safaris: Swalot, Whirlipede, Seviper.
                                        Reply With Quote
                                          #122    
                                        Old June 21st, 2016 (6:46 PM). Edited June 22nd, 2016 by Buffel Saft.
                                        Buffel Saft's Avatar
                                        Buffel Saft Buffel Saft is offline
                                           
                                          Join Date: Sep 2013
                                          Gender: Male
                                          Posts: 362
                                          Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by DismalAmoeba View Post
                                          Well, I just figured out how to get it working with CFW, specifically arm9loaderhax and Luma3DS. There isn't a custom icon, but it does work. Once I figure out how to change the game ID, I'll type up the tutorial. Can you post a document with important trainer party info? I walked into Insanity Mode and got screwed by Viola off the bat.
                                          I've got A9LH and Luma on my 3DS too, never had any problems with the method in the installation guide; it also worked with rxtools. Maybe your tutorial will shed some light on what the problem is.
                                          The trainer party documents are in progress, I've just been busy with uni lately so they haven't been worked on in a while. I'll try to get them finished and uploaded some time in the next few weeks, once my exams are over.
                                          Reply With Quote
                                            #123    
                                          Old June 22nd, 2016 (8:11 AM).
                                          DismalAmoeba's Avatar
                                          DismalAmoeba DismalAmoeba is offline
                                             
                                            Join Date: Aug 2014
                                            Gender: Male
                                            Posts: 11
                                            Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by Buffel Saft View Post
                                            I've got A9LH and Luma on my 3DS too, never had any problems with the method in the installation guide; it also worked with rxtools. Maybe your tutorial will shed some light on what the problem is.
                                            The trainer party documents are in progress, I've just been busy with uni lately so they haven't been worked on in a while. I'll try to get them finished and uploaded some time in the next few weeks, once my exams are over.
                                            Still can't figure out why changing the GameID is still a problem. Credit to Asia81's tutorial on how to decrypt, extract, and rebuild 3DS ROMs and AuroraWright's info on Luma3DS.

                                            Tutorial:

                                            Things needed:

                                            -A 3DS with A9LH/Luma
                                            -A .3ds of Pokemon X/Y
                                            -Decrypt9WIP
                                            -Asia81's PackHack
                                            -Simple 3DS to CIA Converter

                                            1) Extract all archive files to their own folders.

                                            2) Obtain a .3ds of Pokemon X and Y. I personally use Uncart with a Y cartridge, which can be loaded by holding X on boot.

                                            3) Turn off your 3DS and place its SD card into your PC.

                                            4) Check if you can run Decrypt9WIP through homebrew. If you can, put the 3DS's SD card into your PC and skip to step 7.

                                            5) Take the Decrypt9WIP.bin out of the Decrypt9WIP folder you extracted and place it into the luma\payloads folder. The luma folder should be on the root of your SD card.

                                            6) Rename it to up_Decrypt9WIP.bin. You can use other combos as well, I used Up because it's convenient. Check AuroraWright's page that I linked above if you want to do so.

                                            7) Create a folder named Decrypt9 on the root of your SD card.

                                            8) Take your .3ds of X/Y and place it into the Decrypt9 folder. If you used Uncart, it should be on the root. Rename it to something like PokemonY.3ds, just no special characters.

                                            9) Put the SD card back into your 3DS and run Decrypt9, whether it be holding Up on boot or homebrew.

                                            10) Choose Decryptor Options, then NCCH/NCSD Decryptor.

                                            11) Wait for it to finish, grab your .3ds back from the Decrypt9 folder and place into your PackHack folder.

                                            12) Install PackHack if you haven't already, then type in D. Follow the instructions. It doesn't matter if you decompress the code.bin, there's one provided already.

                                            13) Follow regular instructions on Pokemon Eternal X and Wilting Y. Delete the code.bin that PackHack gave you and use the one that's provided. Do not copy the icon.bin over. Make sure you place that .CRO file into the DecryptedRomFS folder.

                                            Side note: The icon that PackHack gives has a different file format to the one you provided. There's also a banner that's in there unlike using Braindump.

                                            14) Go back to PackHack, type in 3DSB, point the program to the respective DecryptedRomFS folder, the DecryptedExeFS folder, and Pokemon Wilting X and Y's DecryptedExHeader.bin.

                                            15) Save it into the roms folder of Simple 3DS to CIA Converter. If it asks to compress the .code.bin, say yes.

                                            16) Load Simple 3DS to CIA Converter and turn the .3ds into a .CIA, install with preferred means.
                                            __________________
                                            Faker? I think you're the real faker around here. You're comparing yourself to me? Ha! You're not even good enough to be my fake!
                                            Friend Code: 1263-6258-8121 (Poison)
                                            Friend Safaris: Swalot, Whirlipede, Seviper.
                                            Reply With Quote
                                              #124    
                                            Old June 25th, 2016 (6:15 AM). Edited June 25th, 2016 by KIRIT0.
                                            KIRIT0's Avatar
                                            KIRIT0 KIRIT0 is offline
                                               
                                              Join Date: Jun 2016
                                              Gender: Male
                                              Posts: 3
                                              So i followed the guide to get Wilting Y working on my 3DS with A9LH and Luma but seem to have the same problem as DismalAmoeba. The icon is blank and i cant get past the 3DS logo when starting the game.


                                              EDIT: following the tutorial DismalAmoeba posted above did the trick. Could not get the custom icon to show up either but at least i can play.
                                              Reply With Quote
                                                #125    
                                              Old June 27th, 2016 (5:33 AM).
                                              Buffel Saft's Avatar
                                              Buffel Saft Buffel Saft is offline
                                                 
                                                Join Date: Sep 2013
                                                Gender: Male
                                                Posts: 362
                                                Quote:
                                                Originally Posted by DismalAmoeba View Post
                                                Still can't figure out why changing the GameID is still a problem. Credit to Asia81's tutorial on how to decrypt, extract, and rebuild 3DS ROMs and AuroraWright's info on Luma3DS.

                                                Tutorial:
                                                -
                                                Quote:
                                                Originally Posted by KIRIT0 View Post
                                                So i followed the guide to get Wilting Y working on my 3DS with A9LH and Luma but seem to have the same problem as DismalAmoeba. The icon is blank and i cant get past the 3DS logo when starting the game.

                                                EDIT: following the tutorial DismalAmoeba posted above did the trick. Could not get the custom icon to show up either but at least i can play.
                                                Thanks for writing up that tutorial, at least the game is playable while this issue is being looked into.
                                                Would one of you mind uploading your EXEFS folder (or just the banner and icon files)? It seems like something in there isn't working as it should be, I'd like to try building a cia with your files to see what happens. Maybe the files PackHack is giving you are incompatible with the others in the hack download for whatever reason. It seems unlikely but it'll be an easy fix if that's the case.
                                                Reply With Quote
                                                Reply

                                                Quick Reply

                                                Join the conversation!

                                                Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                                Create a PokéCommunity Account
                                                Thread Tools

                                                Posting Rules
                                                You may not post new threads
                                                You may not post replies
                                                You may not post attachments
                                                You may not edit your posts

                                                BB code is On
                                                Smilies are On
                                                [IMG] code is On
                                                HTML code is Off

                                                Forum Jump


                                                All times are GMT -8. The time now is 3:17 PM.