The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games ROM Hacks Studio Sideshow Showcase
Yellow Evo-Yellow - All Pokemon Follow, Evolve Pikachu, catchable 230+ pokemon (Eevee starter version testers wanted!)

Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.

View Poll Results: If I made a spin-off version with a different 1-evo pokemon starter, which would you want most?
Meowth (I strongly lean this way because Team Rocket had following Meowth/ kitty is cute.) 56 25.69%
Magikarp (might be hard to draw emotions... I mean, it's a fish) 25 11.47%
Vulpix 46 21.10%
Eevee - with one Happiness evo only, alas; other evos in wild. Rival has other Eevee evo or Pikachu. 81 37.16%
Other (Light, black, or Pikachu-similar palettes preferred so I don't have to mess with it >_>) 10 4.59%
Voters: 218. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 9th, 2017 (2:20 PM).

Nature: Quiet
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FeraligatrMaster View Post
    Yanmega is actually quite strong for a Bug type. However, many people wish it was Bug/Dragon, since it's a dragonfly. Also, I think Bug/Dragon will make it worth picking over the likes of Butterfree and Scyther.
    Ah. That does make sense - Dragonfly, dragons.

Alright, I'll do that in a second. Shouldn't take more than a minute to edit the type and give it a dragon move. Should Yanma be a dragon type as well, or just Yanmega?
    Evo-Yellow: 151 Evolve Raichu Hack, uses the Yellow Disassembly. Play as girl, ride a pokemon, special/physical, dark/fairy/steel types, new pokemon, gen 2 sprites, evolve Pikachu into Raichu and have them still follow you with new Raichu emotion sprites!
    Yellow Hack Tutorial
    Fire Yellow - A FireRed Hack & Yellow Remake with Following Pikachu
    Old March 9th, 2017 (2:24 PM).

Quote:
      Originally Posted by longlostsoldier View Post
      Ah. That does make sense - Dragonfly, dragons.

Alright, I'll do that in a second. Shouldn't take more than a minute to edit the type and give it a dragon move. Should Yanma be a dragon type as well, or just Yanmega?
      Why not? Even though Yanma is cute, it's still a dragonfly. For my part, you can make Yanma Bug/Dragon too.
      Old March 9th, 2017 (2:33 PM).

Quote:
        Why not? Even though Yanma is cute, it's still a dragonfly. For my part, you can make Yanma Bug/Dragon too.
        Well, type changes on evolution aren't uncommon, that's all.

Alright, it's done! Also quickly gave them a dragon move so they can use their new typing. Yanmega learns dragonbreath at level 46, Yanma Outrage (if you avoid evolving it until then).
        Evo-Yellow: 151 Evolve Raichu Hack, uses the Yellow Disassembly. Play as girl, ride a pokemon, special/physical, dark/fairy/steel types, new pokemon, gen 2 sprites, evolve Pikachu into Raichu and have them still follow you with new Raichu emotion sprites!
        Yellow Hack Tutorial
        Old March 10th, 2017 (7:08 AM).

You say Togetic evolves into Togekiss when you use the Love Stone. But how does Togepi evolve into Togetic in this hack? And how does Porygon evolve into Porygon2?
          Old March 10th, 2017 (5:08 PM).

Quote:
            Originally Posted by ablahblah987 View Post
            Does Persian learn Night Slash? Also, what changes were made to Riachu's moveset? Does it get Nasty Plot or something equivalent? I wish we had access to a Github page.
            Nasty Plot doesn't exist in the game yet. Persian does get Night Slash, but at a rather high level (61), so I'm thinking of lowering it.

Raichu learns similar moves to Pikachu, which in this game includes eventually learning Surf, Thunder, Electro Ball, and Volt Tackle (very last thing it learns).

I'm definitely thinking of making a Github although I've never used it before.

Quote:
            You say Togetic evolves into Togekiss when you use the Love Stone. But how does Togepi evolve into Togetic in this hack? And how does Porygon evolve into Porygon2?
            Ah, sorry, forgot to be more careful when updating that part. Will fix. Togepi by level up, Porygon is Thunder Stone, then level up to 40 for Porygon Z. If I don't list anything you can usually assume it's by level up or that I forgot to add it on. :P

Anyway, new version is out! New pokemon are added, like Larvitar, and Donphan to give us back a pure ground typing. I made Granbull part dark - it seems like a dark/fairy doesn't it?
            And, special bonus, there is now the move Mirror Coat and the pokemon Wobbuffet (the pokemon that has it as their signature move!) in the game! It was as simple as copying the code for Counter and altering it to check for special attacks :3. I don't think I've seen any other Gen 1 game with Wobbuffet - but he makes a good Team Rocket villain.

I don't think I'll be adding too many more pokemon, maybe 2-6 more families, we're starting to hit that limit where both the game code gets obnoxious to deal with (it doesn't like any pokemon over 201 in the wild, unless I edit the trainer ID code) and the wild is starting to get pretty crowded with pokemon to boot. Frankly, 213 pokemon is not a bad amount, just a couple more (to give it a nicer number than 213, hah. 215 or 225 or something.) would be more than sufficient.
            Any preferences for pokemon? I'm leaning toward Mareep (and making final form part dragon), and Natu for that unique flying/psychic typing, although honestly a part of me likes Noctowl better, and maybe I'll try my hand at adding an event pokemon of some sort. Post-Johto pokemon are not completely out of the question, since Sylveon is in the game after all.

Finally, you can ride pokemon indoors now, and riding is quite a bit faster. I understand this is horribly rude - you'll track muddy pokemon pawprints everywhere or break their furniture - but who cares?
            Yellow Hack Tutorial
            Old March 11th, 2017 (1:56 AM).

If you're still going to add new Pokemon, then how about:
              -Munchlax, in case people fail to catch both Snorlax in the overworld;
              -Bonsly and Sudowoodo, as Game Freak treats them like a counterpart to the Mr. Mime line (and perhaps you could make them Rock/Grass);
              -Mantyke and Mantine, to have a Water/Flying type in case you're planning to change Gyarados' typing.
              Old March 11th, 2017 (6:28 AM).

Quote:
                If you're still going to add new Pokemon, then how about:
                -Munchlax, in case people fail to catch both Snorlax in the overworld;
                -Bonsly and Sudowoodo, as Game Freak treats them like a counterpart to the Mr. Mime line (and perhaps you could make them Rock/Grass);
                -Mantyke and Mantine, to have a Water/Flying type in case you're planning to change Gyarados' typing.
                I wasn't planning on changing Gyarados, but that would give me an option to do so. We already have a water/dragon in Kingdra though. water/fire could be amusing/original.
                And those sound good, although I do have wild snorlax at Mt. Silver. 3 baby pokemon in a row is a nice number.

Anyway, I wrote a Yellow Hacking Tutorial, dunno if it got accepted yet. It gave me a few ideas - I think at some point in the future I'd like to try my hand at making an 'All Pokemon Follow' hack for Yellow, that would be quite novel.
                Yellow Hack Tutorial
                Old March 11th, 2017 (6:30 AM).

Quote:
                  I wasn't planning on changing Gyarados, but that would give me an option to do so. We already have a water/dragon in Kingdra though. water/fire could be amusing/original.
                  And those sound good, although I do have wild snorlax at Mt. Silver. 3 baby pokemon in a row is a nice number.
                  While Water/Fire would be interesting, you could also consider Water/Dark since Gyarados is generally a ferocious Pokemon, and it has a Mega Evolution that is Water/Dark.
                  Old March 11th, 2017 (6:34 AM).

Quote:
                    While Water/Fire would be interesting, you could also consider Water/Dark since Gyarados is generally a ferocious Pokemon, and it has a Mega Evolution that is Water/Dark.
                    Oh. I hadn't played enough of the later gens to know that. I guess that would fit better since many of these typing changes are based on later gens (such as alola forms - I still need to get around to getting Sun/moon and playing, heh), although the water/fire really is quite tempting.
                    Yellow Hack Tutorial
                    Old March 11th, 2017 (6:38 AM).

Quote:
                      Oh. I hadn't played enough of the later gens to know that. I guess that would fit better since many of these typing changes are based on later gens (such as alola forms - I still need to get around to getting Sun/moon and playing, heh), although the water/fire really is quite tempting.
                      Oh boy, you sure have been missing out on something!

Also, this idea may sound a bit crazy, but you could move evolutions like Rhyperior, Electivire, and Magmortar to spots beyond 201, since they're not going to be in the wild anyway. And then move the likes of Phanpy and Gligar to spots between 151 and 201.
                      Old March 11th, 2017 (6:50 AM).

Quote:
                        Oh boy, you sure have been missing out on something!

Also, this idea may sound a bit crazy, but you could move evolutions like Rhyperior, Electivire, and Magmortar to spots beyond 201, since they're not going to be in the wild anyway. And then move the likes of Phanpy and Gligar to spots between 151 and 201.
                        Actually, that sounds quite doable. A little bit of a pain, but easy to do. Maybe I'll do the entire Johto dex after all.
                        Still run into the 'wild is beginning to get crowded' issue, however it's not an immediate issue.

Well, I'll prioritize Munchlax, Bonsly, Mantyke, (I think they'd make good prizes, since you don't normally expect to find baby pokemon in wild), move Phanpy, Teddiursa and Gligar into the wild, and do maybe Mareep, Hoppip, Natu, and see how it is. I don't like to the do the 'make every pokemon in an area super rare' thing too much, although I could if needed. There are still a few routes I haven't touched too much I think, and a bunch with duplicate pokemon - I don't think anyone would mind if Ratatta disappeared from a lot of routes.
                        Yellow Hack Tutorial
                        Old March 11th, 2017 (7:03 PM).

Are TM's infinite?
                          Old March 29th, 2017 (7:09 PM).

This game looks awesome! Raichu is my favorite Pokemon I can't wait to play this.
                            Old March 30th, 2017 (2:09 PM).

I've been meaning to play this hack for a while, as for new one evo pokemon I'd definitely say Meowth, it would.make it easier for a team rocket hack (I'd even be willing to help with emotion frames). As for your type changes I notice you said many are based on Alola forms, if you're willing to update to gen II style sprites (easily done) all of the Alolan forms are on Skeetendo already made by myself and Pia/Kuruko, it would make sense to change forms to match types.
                              Old May 19th, 2017 (3:05 PM).

Alright, new update everyone! Check out multiple shiny forms! I thought it would be unique for pokemon to have multiple shiny variants. Right now the 4 colors are a bit random (I just re-use existing palettes by shifting the shiny pokemon's palette forward by some DV decided value), but I could alter it I think so every pokemon has, say, a pink, blue, green, yellow, black/gray, red, and purple variant. Would people be interested in that?

I also, due to the fact it is now weak Sunkern you find early instead of Tangela, nerfed Brock a lot, giving him Zubat and lowering levels, but he's still fairly tough.

Quote:
                                Originally Posted by GerryJoe View Post
                                Are TM's infinite?
                                No, I will consider doing that - it isn't something I've figured out how to do yet, if anyone knows how. It probably just involves going in and finding where the function tells the TM to delete itself, and doing some kind of check to make sure you don't buy a bazillion...
                                In the meantime, I will consider just making TMs really, really cheap? Would that be a decent alternative? I think that might be more fun than one super-expensive TM you just buy once, but maybe it would make things too easy, idk.

Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Ikesia View Post
                                This game looks awesome! Raichu is my favorite Pokemon I can't wait to play this.
                                Thank you.

Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Bloodless View Post
                                I've been meaning to play this hack for a while, as for new one evo pokemon I'd definitely say Meowth, it would.make it easier for a team rocket hack (I'd even be willing to help with emotion frames). As for your type changes I notice you said many are based on Alola forms, if you're willing to update to gen II style sprites (easily done) all of the Alolan forms are on Skeetendo already made by myself and Pia/Kuruko, it would make sense to change forms to match types.
                                Yeah, I was definitely leaning Meowth, especially since many of the people voting 'other' aren't bother to comment what the heck they mean by it! And also, it would be nice to have a team rocket hack. Would mean I'd have to put it up on Github for people but I was planning on that anyway. If I had help with emotion frames that would make it go even quicker; the coding part is honestly extremely simple, it's the emotions that take the most time here.

I have updated to Gen 2 sprites already actually, so, hmm, I guess I should change forms! I hadn't realized (or forgot) we had devamps for all of them, honestly. That would be quite cool, I'll do that next update if I remember. And then when I do a normal type version I'll vamp them back to normal Kanto form. ^_^

Here are my shiny modifications to the original shiny code, if anyone wants to mimic multiple shine forms:
                                Spoiler:
                                Code:
                                I altered engine/palettes.asm:

ld hl, MonsterPalettes
                                    ;shiny
                                    ld e, a
                                    ld d, $00
                                    add hl, de
                                    ld a, [hl]
                                    push bc
                                    ld d, a
                                    ld a, e
                                    and a
                                    ld a, d
                                    jr z, .done
                                    ld b, a
                                    ld a, [wShinyMonFlag]
                                    bit 0, a ; is mon supposed to be shiny?
                                    ld a, b
                                    jr z, .done
                                    add (1) ;give it color of pokemon one space ahead, so, mewtwo looks like mew,etc
                                    ld b, a
                                    ld a,[wTemp]
                                    cp 1
                                    jr nz, .nextcolor
                                    ld a,b
                                    add (5) ;this one makes it 6 spaces ahead, so, Pikachu turns blue like Nidoqueen/pokemon look like evo line a jump away from them.
                                    jr .done
                                .nextcolor
                                    ld a,[wTemp]
                                    cp 2
                                    jr nz, .nextcolor2
                                    ld a,b
                                    add (4)  ;5 spaces. 
                                    jr .done
                                .nextcolor2
                                    ld a,[wTemp]
                                    cp 3
                                    jr nz, .nextcolor3
                                    ld a,b
                                    add (8) ;this is 9 spaces.
                                    jr .done
                                .nextcolor3
                                    ld a,[wTemp]
                                    cp 4
                                    jr nz, .nope
                                    ld a,b
                                    add (14) ;15. hopefully some good variety this wayz.
                                    jr .done
                                .nope
                                 ld a,b
                                .done
                                    pop bc
                                    ret
                                and in main.asm, set the varieties/check for different shines!
                                Code:
                                IsMonShiny:
                                ; Input: de = address in RAM for DVs
                                ; Reset zero flag if mon is shiny
                                ; Mon is shiny if certain stats are certain values
                                    ld h, d
                                    ld l, e
                                    ;Attack must be even2,odd1 (1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, or 15) (1 in 2)
                                    ld a, [hl]
                                    and 2 << 4
                                    jr z, .NotShiny
                                    ld a,0
                                    ld [wTemp], a
                                    ld a, [hli]
                                    and $f
                                    cp 9
                                    jr z, .MaybeShiny1
                                    cp 8
                                    jr z, .MaybeShiny2
                                    cp 7
                                    jr z, .MaybeShiny3
                                    cp 2
                                    jr z, .MaybeShiny4
                                    cp 11
                                    jr nz, .NotShiny
                                .MaybeShiny1 ;color1
                                    ld a, 1
                                    ld [wTemp], a
                                    ld a, [hl]
                                    jr .Shiny
                                .MaybeShiny2;color2
                                    ld a, 2
                                    ld [wTemp], a
                                    ld a, [hl]
                                    jr .Shiny
                                .MaybeShiny4;color2
                                    ld a, 4
                                    ld [wTemp], a
                                    ld a, [hl]
                                    jr .Shiny
                                .MaybeShiny3;color3
                                    ld a, 3
                                    ld [wTemp], a
                                    ld a, [hl]
                                        ;ol' speed check if we want to reduce values even more, would have to alter the maybe shinies above to go here instead of shiny. could also introduce even moar varieties of pokemonz.
                                ;.shinyspeedcheck
                                    ;and $f << 4
                                    ;cp 5 << 4
                                    ;jr z, .Shiny
                                    ;cp 13 << 4
                                    ;jr nz, .NotShiny
                                .Shiny
                                    ; set zero flag
                                    and a ; a cannot be 0, so zero flag is set with thing command
                                    ret
                                .NotShiny
                                    ; reset zero flag
                                    xor a
                                    ret
                                You also of course have to do the calling for the shiny check in battle. This is just my example of modifying the shiny code, the original and full version you can check out in Red++; the only thing you have to worry about when porting it over to yellow is some variable names change slightly.
                                Yellow Hack Tutorial
                                Old May 19th, 2017 (5:33 PM).

Quote:
                                  Alright, new update everyone! Check out multiple shiny forms! I thought it would be unique for pokemon to have multiple shiny variants. Right now the 4 colors are a bit random (I just re-use existing palettes by shifting the shiny pokemon's palette forward by some DV decided value), but I could alter it I think so every pokemon has, say, a pink, blue, green, yellow, black/gray, red, and purple variant. Would people be interested in that?

I also, due to the fact it is now weak Sunkern you find early instead of Tangela, nerfed Brock a lot, giving him Zubat and lowering levels, but he's still fairly tough.

No, I will consider doing that - it isn't something I've figured out how to do yet, if anyone knows how. It probably just involves going in and finding where the function tells the TM to delete itself, and doing some kind of check to make sure you don't buy a bazillion...
                                  In the meantime, I will consider just making TMs really, really cheap? Would that be a decent alternative? I think that might be more fun than one super-expensive TM you just buy once, but maybe it would make things too easy, idk.

Thank you.

Yeah, I was definitely leaning Meowth, especially since many of the people voting 'other' aren't bother to comment what the heck they mean by it! And also, it would be nice to have a team rocket hack. Would mean I'd have to put it up on Github for people but I was planning on that anyway. If I had help with emotion frames that would make it go even quicker; the coding part is honestly extremely simple, it's the emotions that take the most time here.

I have updated to Gen 2 sprites already actually, so, hmm, I guess I should change forms! I hadn't realized (or forgot) we had devamps for all of them, honestly. That would be quite cool, I'll do that next update if I remember. And then when I do a normal type version I'll vamp them back to normal Kanto form. ^_^

Here are my shiny modifications to the original shiny code, if anyone wants to mimic multiple shine forms:
                                  Spoiler:
                                  Code:
                                  I altered engine/palettes.asm:

ld hl, MonsterPalettes
                                      ;shiny
                                      ld e, a
                                      ld d, $00
                                      add hl, de
                                      ld a, [hl]
                                      push bc
                                      ld d, a
                                      ld a, e
                                      and a
                                      ld a, d
                                      jr z, .done
                                      ld b, a
                                      ld a, [wShinyMonFlag]
                                      bit 0, a ; is mon supposed to be shiny?
                                      ld a, b
                                      jr z, .done
                                      add (1) ;give it color of pokemon one space ahead, so, mewtwo looks like mew,etc
                                      ld b, a
                                      ld a,[wTemp]
                                      cp 1
                                      jr nz, .nextcolor
                                      ld a,b
                                      add (5) ;this one makes it 6 spaces ahead, so, Pikachu turns blue like Nidoqueen/pokemon look like evo line a jump away from them.
                                      jr .done
                                  .nextcolor
                                      ld a,[wTemp]
                                      cp 2
                                      jr nz, .nextcolor2
                                      ld a,b
                                      add (4)  ;5 spaces. 
                                      jr .done
                                  .nextcolor2
                                      ld a,[wTemp]
                                      cp 3
                                      jr nz, .nextcolor3
                                      ld a,b
                                      add (8) ;this is 9 spaces.
                                      jr .done
                                  .nextcolor3
                                      ld a,[wTemp]
                                      cp 4
                                      jr nz, .nope
                                      ld a,b
                                      add (14) ;15. hopefully some good variety this wayz.
                                      jr .done
                                  .nope
                                   ld a,b
                                  .done
                                      pop bc
                                      ret
                                  and in main.asm, set the varieties/check for different shines!
                                  Code:
                                  IsMonShiny:
                                  ; Input: de = address in RAM for DVs
                                  ; Reset zero flag if mon is shiny
                                  ; Mon is shiny if certain stats are certain values
                                      ld h, d
                                      ld l, e
                                      ;Attack must be even2,odd1 (1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, or 15) (1 in 2)
                                      ld a, [hl]
                                      and 2 << 4
                                      jr z, .NotShiny
                                      ld a,0
                                      ld [wTemp], a
                                      ld a, [hli]
                                      and $f
                                      cp 9
                                      jr z, .MaybeShiny1
                                      cp 8
                                      jr z, .MaybeShiny2
                                      cp 7
                                      jr z, .MaybeShiny3
                                      cp 2
                                      jr z, .MaybeShiny4
                                      cp 11
                                      jr nz, .NotShiny
                                  .MaybeShiny1 ;color1
                                      ld a, 1
                                      ld [wTemp], a
                                      ld a, [hl]
                                      jr .Shiny
                                  .MaybeShiny2;color2
                                      ld a, 2
                                      ld [wTemp], a
                                      ld a, [hl]
                                      jr .Shiny
                                  .MaybeShiny4;color2
                                      ld a, 4
                                      ld [wTemp], a
                                      ld a, [hl]
                                      jr .Shiny
                                  .MaybeShiny3;color3
                                      ld a, 3
                                      ld [wTemp], a
                                      ld a, [hl]
                                          ;ol' speed check if we want to reduce values even more, would have to alter the maybe shinies above to go here instead of shiny. could also introduce even moar varieties of pokemonz.
                                  ;.shinyspeedcheck
                                      ;and $f << 4
                                      ;cp 5 << 4
                                      ;jr z, .Shiny
                                      ;cp 13 << 4
                                      ;jr nz, .NotShiny
                                  .Shiny
                                      ; set zero flag
                                      and a ; a cannot be 0, so zero flag is set with thing command
                                      ret
                                  .NotShiny
                                      ; reset zero flag
                                      xor a
                                      ret
                                  You also of course have to do the calling for the shiny check in battle. This is just my example of modifying the shiny code, the original and full version you can check out in Red++; the only thing you have to worry about when porting it over to yellow is some variable names change slightly.
                                  The shiny function is an interesting idea, Rangi is doing a similar thing for Polished Crystal but more subtle and for normal mons. Though to be honest I feel Rangi's is more natural. Though if you were to change to colour set shinies like you say that would be great! Reminiscent of the pink mons in the anime almost.

I hadn't realized you had already updated to gen II sprites. We currently have nearly all front sprites from 1-7 (minus some gen 7 pokes) and virtually all form/es. And I would estimate 60/70% of back sprites. Gen I-III backs are done with many of 4-7 on the way or already done. If there's anything needed though let me know.

More than willing to help with emotions once you're sure which pokemon you're settled on!
                                  Old May 19th, 2017 (5:42 PM).

Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by Bloodless View Post
                                    The shiny function is an interesting idea, Rangi is doing a similar thing for Polished Crystal but more subtle and for normal mons. Though to be honest I feel Rangi's is more natural. Though if you were to change to colour set shinies like you say that would be great! Reminiscent of the pink mons in the anime almost.

I hadn't realized you had already updated to gen II sprites. We currently have nearly all front sprites from 1-7 (minus some gen 7 pokes) and virtually all form/es. And I would estimate 60/70% of back sprites. Gen I-III backs are done with many of 4-7 on the way or already done. If there's anything needed though let me know.

More than willing to help with emotions once you're sure which pokemon you're settled on!
                                    Yeah, I noticed Rangi's right after I posted this thread, lawl. And yes, I was thinking of the pink mons actually.

Alright, I'll do Meowth then. :3 If only I knew how to close the dang poll. >_>
                                    Yellow Hack Tutorial
                                    Old May 20th, 2017 (12:39 AM).
                                    FeraligatrMaster FeraligatrMaster is online now

Glad to see another update to this hack after so long! Although I've got one more typing suggestion, maybe two, which I can't believe I didn't come up with earlier. You could make Mismagius Ghost/Fairy, since it looks and acts like a witch, and it'd give it a niche over Gengar.

Also, why did you make the Kabuto line Water/Ground? I thought the Rock type made sense on them, since they're fossils. I'd prefer them as Rock/Water types (or Rock/Bug, even though you gave Sudowoodo that typing).
                                      Old May 20th, 2017 (1:25 PM).
                                      longlostsoldier longlostsoldier is offline

Quote:
                                        Glad to see another update to this hack after so long! Although I've got one more typing suggestion, maybe two, which I can't believe I didn't come up with earlier. You could make Mismagius Ghost/Fairy, since it looks and acts like a witch, and it'd give it a niche over Gengar.

Also, why did you make the Kabuto line Water/Ground? I thought the Rock type made sense on them, since they're fossils. I'd prefer them as Rock/Water types (or Rock/Bug, even though you gave Sudowoodo that typing).
                                        Mismagius is pure ghost, it and its prevo are the only ones, it already has a niche. But you do have a point about Kabuto.

Kabuto I made water/ground to make it tougher (And at the time, to give the game a water/ground type), but, I suppose since I have Wooper in the game now (and have for awhile) I could put it back. Some fossils do get saturated with mud if they get contaminated / aren't in pure condition, though, so it's actually not that far-fetch'd it would be ground instead. But again, I can put it back, since you prefer it that way.

Anyway, speaking of typing, I was reading Skeetendo and apparently they say water/flying is completely wasted on Mantine/Mantyke, so I'm thinking of changing their typing to part dark instead, to make them stronger. And then, I think I may add Octillery also, and make it fire/water for the lolz. Sound good?

And enjoy some sprites (base part of it kudos Dannye-33) for alternate follows. People can use them as long as they credit both of us. I thought people might enjoy a preview of what the Meowth-follow game will look like.
                                        Attached Images
                                        File Type: png meowth.png‎ (613 Bytes, 157 views) (Save to Dropbox)
                                        File Type: png persian.png‎ (577 Bytes, 158 views) (Save to Dropbox)
                                        File Type: png eevee.png‎ (519 Bytes, 157 views) (Save to Dropbox)
                                        Yellow Hack Tutorial
                                        Old May 20th, 2017 (1:44 PM).
                                        FeraligatrMaster FeraligatrMaster is online now

I'm all for Fire/Water Octillery, but I'd rather have Mantyke and Mantine as Water/Flying types. Water/Dark may remove the x4 Electric weakness, but it gives them more weaknesses in return.
                                          Old May 20th, 2017 (6:28 PM).

Nature: Careful
                                            Mantyke and Mantine don't look Dark at all, though. They look happy and unaggressive, and they help out Remoraid, which doesn't seem very Evil (yes, あくタイプ aku taipu means Evil-type). I can't think of a more appropriate dual type for them; how about making them pure Water type? (Since some canon pure Water-types got dual types that make more sense, having at least one pure example of each type would be nice.)
                                            Old May 21st, 2017 (1:51 PM).

Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by Rangi View Post
                                              Mantyke and Mantine don't look Dark at all, though. They look happy and unaggressive, and they help out Remoraid, which doesn't seem very Evil (yes, あくタイプ aku taipu means Evil-type). I can't think of a more appropriate dual type for them; how about making them pure Water type? (Since some canon pure Water-types got dual types that make more sense, having at least one pure example of each type would be nice.)
                                              Quote:
                                              I'm all for Fire/Water Octillery, but I'd rather have Mantyke and Mantine as Water/Flying types. Water/Dark may remove the x4 Electric weakness, but it gives them more weaknesses in return.
                                              Are you saying evil can't look happy and innocent? : P

Okay okay. Alright, I guess I won't make them part dark, since it doesn't suit them very well. Maybe I'll go pure Water like Rangi said.

And I'mma post the Unfinished Meowth Version (technically playable) here shortly. It'll be basically the same as this, just with Meowth, since adding on Meowth or replacing Pikachu with anything really coding wise is incredibly easy (I detailed how to in my tutorial already). Idk if it should get its own thread.
                                              Yellow Hack Tutorial
                                              Old May 21st, 2017 (3:03 PM).

Meowth faces for Bloodless to ref, and for others to critique if they want. Also, a small patch for the Meowth follow game. I warn most of the emotion sprites right now are either pikachus or a bit hideous. :P

Since this is technically an update-foo the double post is allowed.

The last one is more modern Nintendo style, which I won't refuse if you make, but is more difficult to line up the animations on, just as a warning. Although I am using Nintendo backsprite for the very first emotion animation since it's so convenient for Meowth's back.

I haven't done any Persian yet.
                                                Attached Images
                                                File Type: png unknown_e6cdf.png‎ (406 Bytes, 139 views) (Save to Dropbox)
                                                File Type: png unknown_e61b0.png‎ (471 Bytes, 135 views) (Save to Dropbox)
                                                File Type: png unknown_e6020.png‎ (458 Bytes, 135 views) (Save to Dropbox)
                                                File Type: png unknown_e4000.png‎ (551 Bytes, 135 views) (Save to Dropbox)
                                                Attached Files
                                                File Type: ips pokemeowth.ips‎ (458.4 KB, 1 views) (Save to Dropbox)
                                                Yellow Hack Tutorial
                                                Old July 14th, 2017 (12:57 PM).
                                                HeroOfChaos92 HeroOfChaos92 is offline

Hey!

I don't suppose you've buffed Pikachu and Raichu's stats, have you? It'd make keeping a Pikachu around viable late-game without the need of overleveling. If you decide to do this, I suggest you give Pikachu Raichu's stats and buff Raichu just a little bit.

Thanks!
                                                  Old July 19th, 2017 (9:16 AM).

Just a small bug

Moon stone is consumed when used on shiny Gligar but it doesn't evolve.
                                                    Enjoying it so far!

Quick Reply