• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon CosmicEmerald Version [Updated! 12/24/2019]

Years
I'm surprised there was no decapitalization done but maybe next time.

Yeah at one point I was de-capping everything, but noticed some weird glitches that happened as a result (like discoloration of PC Box text, and variants of the "PokéballS" issue). For those reasons and future diagnostics of problems, I am saving this one for later.

And no phys/spec split? thats a first

Yep, this hack is keeping Gen III's battle mechanics as far as that goes - especially since it could break the use of some Pokémon that rely on the current system. I prefer the old battle system myself, and apparently there aren't a lot of hacks out there that keep the original one.

Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Yeah at one point I was de-capping everything, but noticed some weird glitches that happened as a result (like discoloration of PC Box text, and variants of the "PokéballS" issue). For those reasons and future diagnostics of problems, I am saving this one for later.

Yep, this hack is keeping Gen III's battle mechanics as far as that goes - especially since it could break the use of some Pokémon that rely on the current system. I prefer the old battle system myself, and apparently there aren't a lot of hacks out there that keep the original one.

A big reason for that being of course a great deal many pokemon suffer without a proper stab move, even if they have a suitable substitute (Mightyena with Shadow Ball rather than Crunch for example).

Given this I am surprised gamefreak never bothered to consider making ghost attacks special moves from the start then make dark attacks physical when they were introduced. I mean Bite was at first a normal attack in gen 1 after all and was physical as a result. I often wonder what they were thinking when they made the earlier games.

Years
A big reason for that being of course a great deal many pokemon suffer without a proper stab move, even if they have a suitable substitute (Mightyena with Shadow Ball rather than Crunch for example).

Given this I am surprised gamefreak never bothered to consider making ghost attacks special moves from the start then make dark attacks physical when they were introduced. I mean Bite was at first a normal attack in gen 1 after all and was physical as a result. I often wonder what they were thinking when they made the earlier games.

Very true, and I have thought the same thing. It really is a shame, especially considering for example that Mightyena and Absol (couple of favorites of mine) don't seem to do so well in late-game because of their limited movepools and conflicting types/stats. I am seriously wondering if I should tweak their stats a bit to make them more useful, but then there is the issue of changing core elements of the game. Still, I may consider doing something like this if it really proves to be a good idea.

The idea sound well and the game going well.
keep up the good job.

Thanks!

I have also just made some more changes for the next release:

- Steven is now rematchable daily, has new dialogue for the rematches and if you face him during the later times of day then he will have the Champion Battle theme like he did in Ruby/Sapphire. He still has the same team with the same increased levels I left them at before.

- The girl on Route 111 who gives out Razz Berries every day now will give 5 of them once per game instead of 1 daily. This is because Steven now uses the "daily flag" for rematches. Nevermind, I just recently found out about tons of free dailyflags to use instead.

Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
glad I could offer my two cents, but I agree in order to tweak Mightyena's base stats you'd need to add more special attacks to its movepool and by then it becomes like an absol clone almost, especialy when we factor Absol even with its lower special attack already has enough special attacks to make use of it's special attack stat. So theres not a easy answer I think.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 2, 2022
Hey, great hack, loved the way you added every Kanto pokémon to the game without overcrowding the routes, I wish more hacks were like that.

But I need a little help with a problem that I have with every Emerald rom I try to play, when I beat Wallace, after the credits, the game deletes my save, so I'm never able to go for the Battle Frontier or completing the dex ): I played the whole game without the need of the saving slots from VBA, but the game deleted my game again, I saved with the slots right before Wallace so I don't have to play everything again if I find a fix, but I don't really know what to do, can anyone help me?

Nevermind, I played again and it worked somehow, sorry.

Last edited:
Years
Thank you for such a good work and for sharing with us. I was searching for a rom that keeps the essence of the original emerald and this one fits exactly. Besides that, would be great if you could make a patch with a physical/special split, many pokemon became unuseful without that.

Keep going!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 2, 2022
Where exactly can I get the Eon Ticket? I can't find any receptionist giving them in the Pokemon Centers :/

Ow, and where is the Thunderbolt TM? It used to be in the Game Corner or given by Wattson, but you changed both.

Years
Where exactly can I get the Eon Ticket? I can't find any receptionist giving them in the Pokemon Centers :/

Ow, and where is the Thunderbolt TM? It used to be in the Game Corner or given by Wattson, but you changed both.

The receptionist that gives you the ticket is upstairs in the Pokémon Centers, and is only accessible once you've unlocked Mystery Gift (which is the same method as normal).

Thunderbolt can now be obtained at the deepest part of Route 123, near the pond.

Years
You are sticking to the original content of the game and adding quality of life imrovements just like Crystal Dust's developer. This is why I love both them, I hope you can complete it and keep big customizations in separate patch.

Thank you. It means a lot to me to read such positive feedback on this, and it motivates me to continue working on it when I have the time. I don't plan on giving up on this hack, at the very least until all of the things I've been talking about adding are finally there.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 119
  • Seen Oct 30, 2019
Hello, nice Emerald hack because of these; new battle background, map graphics and other features you added. I hope you will add fairy type, Jirachi event and put some cross-gen monsters from 4th Generation in the next updat

Vini310

Just a Player
Years
WOW, I didn't expect to see the creator of Pok?mon CosmicEmerald here.
I haven't played your hack yet, because I have many Pok?mon games to complete, but once I complete Glazed and ShinyGold Sigma I will play CosmicEmerald.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 27, 2023
I'm using this on my 3ds as a virtual console inject. I used a rtc patch as well but this game has been in night time since I started yesterday is that a compatibility issue with the rtc patch?

Years
I'm using this on my 3ds as a virtual console inject. I used a rtc patch as well but this game has been in night time since I started yesterday is that a compatibility issue with the rtc patch?

I am not very familiar with how emulators/ROMs on the 3DS work, as I've never owned or used one. However, I would bet that the day/night issue is due to the RTC in the game not syncing with the one in your 3DS/virtual console. If this is the case, I'm not sure which side is the problem.

--

SIDE NOTE: If anyone is wondering why it seems like there is no work being done on this lately, rest assured that I am not giving up on this project but am currently very busy with college. I still make improvements here and there when I have the time and motivation.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 27, 2023
Yeah I reinstalled not using the rtc patch. I just get a notice about the internal clock has went dry or something like that.

Years
Yeah I reinstalled not using the rtc patch. I just get a notice about the internal clock has went dry or something like that.

It may be an incompatibility between the RTC patch (as well as the game probably) and what you are playing it on. From what I understand, the RTC uses either a battery or the clock on the system it is being played on.

Prime-dialga's RTC (in the Day/Night/Seasons program which is what I used in my hack) uses the system time, like what you'll see on a computer. It seems to also be compatible with the Playstation Portable, which I use to emulate GBA games, but maybe it won't work with your virtual console. There may be a fix or download somewhere online that could be applied to your emulator that fixes this issue, as I'm sure those who play R/S/E on it who have run into the same issue may have already requested a fix.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 20, 2018
Heya, just wanted to report a problem/bug.
Today I finally managed to get my Hoenn Dex up to 170 so I can get some events going. The first one I did was the Raikou one. So I went to Raikous place with the keys I got but when I talk to Raikou, he just turns towards me, disappears and I get a thunderstone. Is this normal or am I missing something? Or is this really a bug?
Help :(

Years
Heya, just wanted to report a problem/bug.
Today I finally managed to get my Hoenn Dex up to 170 so I can get some events going. The first one I did was the Raikou one. So I went to Raikous place with the keys I got but when I talk to Raikou, he just turns towards me, disappears and I get a thunderstone. Is this normal or am I missing something? Or is this really a bug?
Help :(

That's really strange, as I had taken the Thunderstone out of that map and put it elsewhere. I don't think I even had Raikou hold a Thunderstone, either. When is the message that you obtained it happening (if there is one)? My best guess is that the patch for the hack wasn't applied correctly, since there is a Thunderstone there in the original version of Emerald. Are you using Lunar IPS to patch it to the original, untouched ROM of Emerald version?

Last edited:
Back