• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Well, you're right, But we both agree Outbreak really should take a good look at XSE, don't we? :P

@Outbreak: Don't let you scare off by all those numbers (offsets) that are used in XSE, it really isn't that difficult...

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Hi,

I'm starting with hacking now, and I'm strying some stuff with Ruby. I want to insert some new tiles,
namely the Pokemon Center of Diamond/Pearl. Those tiles have a different pallette than any of the
standard pallettes in Ruby, so I have to change it. The colors of the new pkmncenter tiles are already
made compatible with the advance map pallette editor (so in increments of 8). I then go the the pallette
editor, and change a pallette (10 for example), to the colors of the pokemon center (leaving the first color alone of course).

But then, when I save pallette changes, the whole ROM screws up. What to do now? Is there even a
pallette you can safely completely change in Ruby (like pallette 8 in Firered)? The only tut I've found
explaining tileset pallette editing is Austinia's one, but even when I exactly follow, it, it just messes up.
Is there some secret rule to get it working in Pokemon Ruby? Help will by very much appreciated.

I presume this is your question... Umm... Pallettes... This is exactly what you did, right? Only change the pallette after inserting the tile (Recolour the tile to fit the Ruby PC's Pallette, then paste it into the Tileset), then edit the old PC Pallette with your new one. Simple. Don't edit Pallettes unless you are confident.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Finally someone who answered my question! I already asked it like 5 times or so...

That's a pity, but it can't be helped then... :(

Did you read it? It CAN be edited without a problem! Don't change pallettes unless you already have inserted the tile, like in Ruby into Pallette 1, right? Then only edit the colours in Pallette 1 (And by colours, only the red ones!). It is far easier and safer!

Years
Hi,

Is there a tool that tells you which tiles/blocks are being used by the game and which are not?
Or do I just have to trial and error until I find some unused tiles/blocks?
I'm asking this because when I insert some new tiles by deleting others and then copying the new
ones on the free space, the whole game goes nuts (strange glitchy tiles appear all over the place) I'm using Ruby by the way.

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2014
i used advanced mart to make the mystic ticket become avavible for £0 and ihave it in the key items pocket but when i go to the ferry i cant select navel rock. any ideas

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
i used advanced mart to make the mystic ticket become avavible for £0 and ihave it in the key items pocket but when i go to the ferry i cant select navel rock. any ideas

That is because the event is not activated.
You can't just activate it like that, you'll have to make it a part of the script to check for that item, and have it take you there...

Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2009
Maybe I'm just stupid but, i tried understanding the "Extreme Scripting Tutorial" here on this forum but i found it to be really useless. Can anyone tell me how to insert a new script? (Burning it to the rom) I'm trying to make a script where you encounter snorlax like in the old games by talking to him.

Years
Try taking a look at the guide that is bundled with XSE, under the help menu of the program.
It contains everuthing you need to start scripting :)

monkeyman2092

Aipom Awesome!!
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2009
Is there a website where I can download a working advance text and it doesn't have a viruses?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back