• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Ethereal Gates

Which starter will you be choosing?

• Fernling, The Hatchling Pokemon (Grass/Flying)

Votes: 830 41.2%
  • Kittorch, The Kitten Pokemon (Fire)

Votes: 815 40.4%
  • Bubull, The Hippo Pokemon (Water)

Votes: 370 18.4%

• Total voters

PerihelionProductions

Pokémon Ethereal Gates
Years
Perihelion Productions is proud to present a new, amazing, and visually stunning project!

logo_by_siraquakip-d8pfh3v.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
INTRODUCTION
Immerse yourself in the beautiful Leneka Region and discover tons of new wild Pokémon around every corner. Build your favorite team of Pokémon and battle your way to the top by challenging experienced Gym Leaders throughout the region. Encounter mythical legendary Pokémon and keep those who seek to do harm from reaching their goals! You'll face many challenges along the way, but if you work hard enough, you will succeed in your quest to be the greatest Pokémon trainer ever!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

peg_map_region_by_siraquakip-d8pfhvp.png

STORY
Legend tells of an ancient Pokémon with the ability to travel between the world of the living and the world of the dead. It is said that long ago, our ancestors used to summon this Pokémon with a relic, and on rare occasions, it would appear and bring one who had passed back to the land of the living. When the common people had heard of this great power, wars broke out over the want to bring the dead back. The monks who guarded the relic decided that the power was too much for any to hold, and broke the relic into four parts, and scattered them across the region. Legend also tells of four fearsome beasts who guard each part of the relic. These fabled sites have become known as "Ethereal Gates".

You begin your Pokémon journey in a rather unexpected way--you're dragged along by a friend with a bit too much passion for Pokémon research. But before long you become enthralled with Pokémon as well, and begin working for the Pokémon Professor, Hawthorne, on completing his Pokédex project. To test your strength, you encounter Gym Leaders throughout the region, and you also encounter the evil Team Mythos, whose nefarious plans just may put the entire world in jeopardy!

pIZzxtb.gif
sLZQZCx.gif
hU5LmRG.gif

Fernling ♦ Kittorch ♦ Bubull​

CHARACTERS
In Pokémon Ethereal Gates, you have a choice to play as either a boy or a girl. Like in most Pokémon games, this character is the silent protagonist--sort of a blank slate that you can imprint yourself onto. We have taken great care in crafting our cast of memorable characters!

cooperandsophie_by_siraquakip-d8pfitw.png
professorhawthorne_by_siraquakip-d8pfjcm.png

rivals_by_siraquakip-d8pfj9o.png

FEATURES
Pokémon Ethereal Gates is made using RPG Maker XP with the Pokémon Essentials Script Base and includes...
♦ over 200 brand new never-before-seen Pokémon!
♦ completely new region with very diverse terrain, based on New Zealand!
♦ completely original orchestrated music!
♦ 3D cutscenes!
♦ a larger screen resolution!
♦ redesigned menu interfaces!​

SCREENSHOTS
Subject to change*
RevampedPEGScreens.png

GAMEPLAY TRAILER!!

MUSIC
We've crafted a completely original soundtrack for Pokémon Ethereal Gates! We hope that this will make each area just a tad bit more special.

Title Theme (Extended)

ROUTE 1

Show Me Around!(tour guide theme)

CREDITS
The Perihelion Productions Team
Evan Starr (Starrcasm(DA) starrmyt(PC))
Mark Baldino (SirAquakip(DA) aquakip(PC))
Aaron Schmitz (Nebaku(DA) BadSamaritan(PC))
Sean Petersen
Josh Leung​
Pokémon Essentials by
Flameguru
Poccil
Maruno
Other Script Thanks to
Klein Studio
Luka S.J.
Shiney570
KCG
Pokémon by
GAME FREAK
Nintendo
Creatures inc.​
Additional Thanks to
Marc Azria
Scott Geldzahler
Sam Gelman
"Senor Shyza"
"Squirt05"
"DRaB"
Eric Chen
Alessio Zisa
Rob Wickline
Amanda Spivack

ALSO FIND US AT

Support Us!
6Sbezmu.png
Spoiler:

DOWNLOAD LINKS!!!!

FOR PC: http://goo.gl/6cXtQA

FOR MAC: http://goo.gl/ok8zUg
INSTRUCTIONS FOR MAC: https://www.reddit.com/r/legendsofthearena/comments/1yga3w/tutorial_to_play_on_mac/

Last edited:

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
So...who's the main coder for the game? (just curious).

I'd recommend using a darker colour for the item list in the bag interface. Clashing with the light background like that, really makes it difficult to read. The shadow helps, but not enough. Just make sure the font contrasts the background clearly. I also find the "overlapping" trees to look a little weird the way they are. They end abruptly when in contact with another. (I'm not a huge fan of that "HP" and "EXP" font either)

But that's all the C&C feedback I can give on the screenshots you provided us with. I'm sure you guys get enough praise already, so I don't feel the need to repeat all that.

PerihelionProductions

Pokémon Ethereal Gates
Years
So...who's the main coder for the game? (just curious).

I'd recommend using a darker colour for the item list in the bag interface. Clashing with the light background like that, really makes it difficult to read. The shadow helps, but not enough. Just make sure the font contrasts the background clearly. I also find the "overlapping" trees to look a little weird the way they are. They end abruptly when in contact with another. (I'm not a huge fan of that "HP" and "EXP" font either)

But that's all the C&C feedback I can give on the screenshots you provided us with. I'm sure you guys get enough praise already, so I don't feel the need to repeat all that.
Thanks for the C&C Luka! We'll keep that in mind! Of course everything in the game is still very much in the works and subject to change. Our main coder of the game is Aaron Schmitz (Nebaku). We're still looking for another coder, someone with extensive knowledge of Ruby Scripting.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 4, 2016
Are there gonna be real Pokemon in it? 'Cause I'm kinda partial to games that include the original 721, personally.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 6, 2017
Hey everyone!

So I've put together a subreddit where you can keep up with some more in-depth updates for the game, as well as create polls, fan art, and other things.

http://www.reddit.com/r/etherealgates/

There's some Q&A with the team as well which is awesome, and also some newly revealed art/information about Bubull (and perhaps more to come!)

In addition, here's the other stuff for the project if you want to follow!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/etherealgates
Twitter: https://twitter.com/etherealgates
Tumblr: http://pokemonetherealgates.tumblr.com/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBkNvbQ9AOAEpFNASyvGe0w
Deviantart: http://perihelion-projects.deviantart.com/?hc_location=ufi

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 27, 2015
Am I sensing some sort of Darwin/Beak of the Finch with Avinch and Professor Hawthorne?

WinterWonter

Memer.
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 31, 2020
I actually made an account just to say, this is amazing. Honestly I have never seen this much work put into things such as art and the new pokemon.
Oddly enough I'm usually against new regions and fakemons, but this game looks like it'll pull it off.

PerihelionProductions

Pokémon Ethereal Gates
Years
I actually made an account just to say, this is amazing. Honestly I have never seen this much work put into things such as art and the new pokemon.
Oddly enough I'm usually against new regions and fakemons, but this game looks like it'll pull it off.

Wow, that's quite the compliment Winter, it's much appreciated!(though pokecommunity is awesome, do check the rest of the place out in your spare time)

And yes, we are trying to emulate the quality of a new pokemon release best we can. Obviously by using rpgmaker xp and essentials we are slightly limited on the software front of that, but we hope the quality of the story/sound/graphics will all make up for that. Thanks for the interest :)

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 11, 2015
I cannot wait for this game to come out! it looks so good and the story sounds captivating. you guys did a great job making this game so far, keep up the good work! ill be following this games progress closely:)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
It looks pretty good so far. It's nice to see, when people actually put some work into graphics/sound design. However, it would by far not be the first game that features a custom region and custom Pokemon. I'm also more of a gameplay fan, anyway, so it would be neat to know, if there's going to be new gameplay elements as well. You know, something that fills the void that's created because of the lack of multiplayer options, that also adds something unique to your game, simply because all the other fangames don't have that. Something that actually makes me like "Oh, this feature is awesome. I totally want to play this game over the million other fangames out there that just all feel like carbon copies of each other."

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
Now, without a dedicated coder(I do it but don't like it), that's not easy to achieve. I can say this though, I personally am working on a new gameplay element that will be present in the demo. With that in mind, assuming we can get 1-2 people more interested in coding, we would have every intention of adding even more elements in the full release.!
I believe, it is possible to add new gameplay mechanics, without even needing to write a single line of Ruby code, that's also relatively easy to build. One example that comes to my mind is that sneaking/disguise scene in Pokemon Insurgance. Since you don't have any Pokemon, you have to solve your problem (escaping from the evil guys) and what better way than disguising yourself and then sneaking out of their reach? That would also create interesting scenarios in later parts of the game, because you can give the player options: does he want to enter the building of the evil guys by the front door, where has to fight his way through hordes of Grunts, or does he rather take the secret path, disguise himself and sneak in, while avoiding being caught. Giving exclusive rewards for doing things differently also creates replay value, because the player wants to know, what happens if he takes the other route he didn't pick while playing the last time and all it takes are the sprite of the player character and a couple switches that control NPC behavior (and obviously you have to dedicate part of your level design for that purpose, but that's something coders don't need to deal with).

Now, that definitely doesn mean that I want you to build said feature into your game, because what gameplay you can use highly depends on what game you want to create and I certainly am not allowed to dictate you how to build your game. It's rather an example to illustrate what I mean with "new gameplay mechanics". :)

Back