• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Alabaster (2nd demo out now!!!)

Alababal

Pokémon Alabaster Developer
Years
This is a really nice game keep with the work!

Thanks, I will! {:3}

New update (0.4.5) will be up in the op in a minute. Changes are the following:

~A couple of early game npc's give you pointers which will help you if you are struggling after beating Guy. You still have to talk to them though. Talk to everyone you see.

~Team Tectonic has a new battle theme! You can check it out below. I actually don't think I'm done with it so if you have any pointers I'm happy to listen.

~Tweaked the experience rate. I haven't had the chance to test it super extensively but hopefully it helps out a little.

~Updated the graphic for your sister so she looks a bit younger during the flashback scene.

~Fixed numerous other bugs and glitches.

Also, I'm pretty sure I'm due for some kind of update, so I updated the theme for Team Tectonic. You can listen to it here.

Also if you have a file titled ! the password is 'otherthings'
There's some stuff in there you may or may not find interesting.

Last edited:

DigitalMewtwo

Somewhere on the digital spectrum
Years
@Alababal: I really like this game so far! I think I might have run into some lag/a bug though. When I go to talk to my friend at the beginning of the game to have him come over to my house it goes along normally, but once we walk over to my house and walk in, the screen goes black and the music stops. It's seeming like lag, but it goes on for longer than it should.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 1, 2016
So the problem was I was thrown into Team Celestial's base before I beat the second gym. I went through the entire arc before I got my second badge so my pokemon were slightly underleveled (A LOT UNDERLEVELED 24 to 33). I think that part of the game should push you back towards the gym before the base or was that the way the game was supposed to go?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 28, 2016
Hey! Dowloaded this game when u first uploaded but didn´t start playing it after the first patch dropped(and installing it). Been playing it for about 1:30 h now and i´m having a blast but im getting an error with the bidoof i got. It does not crash the game or anything but it sometimes make bidoof stay alone on the field after defeating a trainers first pokémon. But other then that it´s a really fun game :)

The bug

---------------------------
Pokémon Alabaster
Exception: NoMethodError

PokeBattle_Battle:4081:in `__clauses__pbEndOfRoundPhase'

PokeBattle_Battle:4079:in `each'

PokeBattle_Battle:4079:in `__clauses__pbEndOfRoundPhase'

PokeBattle_Battle:4030:in `each'

PokeBattle_Battle:4030:in `__clauses__pbEndOfRoundPhase'

PokeBattle_Clauses:42:in `pbEndOfRoundPhase'

PokeBattle_Battle:2800:in `pbStartBattleCore'

PokeBattle_Battle:2799:in `logonerr'

PokeBattle_Battle:2799:in `pbStartBattleCore'

PokeBattle_Battle:2783:in `loop'

This exception was logged in

C:\Users\Sundsvall\Saved Games/Pokémon Alabaster/errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
OK

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Feb 3, 2016
When I entered route 303 again after I got sent back by those two pokemon, two people where sending and blocking the way and i can't talk to them.

Alababal

Years
So the problem was I was thrown into Team Celestial's base before I beat the second gym. I went through the entire arc before I got my second badge so my pokemon were slightly underleveled (A LOT UNDERLEVELED 24 to 33). I think that part of the game should push you back towards the gym before the base or was that the way the game was supposed to go?

Yeah you shouldn't have been thrown in. You sneak in by yourself but you shouln't be battling trainers while you were there. Did you go all the way to Nimagale beach before the second gym?

Hey! Dowloaded this game when u first uploaded but didn´t start playing it after the first patch dropped(and installing it). Been playing it for about 1:30 h now and i´m having a blast but im getting an error with the bidoof i got. It does not crash the game or anything but it sometimes make bidoof stay alone on the field after defeating a trainers first pokémon. But other then that it´s a really fun game :)

The bug

Pokémon Alabaster

PokeBattle_Battle:4079:in `each'

PokeBattle_Battle:4079:in `__clauses__pbEndOfRoundPhase'

PokeBattle_Battle:4030:in `each'

PokeBattle_Battle:4030:in `__clauses__pbEndOfRoundPhase'

PokeBattle_Clauses:42:in `pbEndOfRoundPhase'

PokeBattle_Battle:2800:in `pbStartBattleCore'

PokeBattle_Battle:2799:in `logonerr'

PokeBattle_Battle:2799:in `pbStartBattleCore'

PokeBattle_Battle:2783:in `loop'

This exception was logged in

C:\Users\Sundsvall\Saved Games/Pokémon Alabaster/errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
OK

I just found this bug the other day. It has to do with the ability moody (moody doesn't work). I tried a quick fix but I couldn't figure it out. There ought to be a fix by the time I update to essentials 16, but before then I couldn't say. I'll try to find a fix though. Thanks for reporting.

When I entered route 303 again after I got sent back by those two pokemon, two people where sending and blocking the way and i can't talk to them.

Darn it I meant to fix this. Thanks for letting me know. Did you save it like that though? If you did I can fix it if you email me your save file.

@Alababal: I really like this game so far! I think I might have run into some lag/a bug though. When I go to talk to my friend at the beginning of the game to have him come over to my house it goes along normally, but once we walk over to my house and walk in, the screen goes black and the music stops. It's seeming like lag, but it goes on for longer than it should.

This has been noted, but thanks for reporting! It's not really a bug as much as it is a design flaw, all you have to do is step forward. None the less it will be fixed by the next major update.

Last edited:

DigitalMewtwo

Somewhere on the digital spectrum
Years
Yeah you shouldn't have been thrown in. You sneak in by yourself but you shouln't be battling trainers while you were there. Did you go all the way to Nimagale beach before the second gym?

I just found this bug the other day. It has to do with the ability moody (moody doesn't work). I tried a quick fix but I couldn't figure it out. There ought to be a fix by the time I update to essentials 16, but before then I couldn't say. I'll try to find a fix though. Thanks for reporting.

Darn it I meant to fix this. Thanks for letting me know. Did you save it like that though? If you did I can fix it if you email me your save file.

This has been noted, but thanks for reporting! It's not really a bug as much as it is a design flaw, all you have to do is step forward. None the less it will be fixed by the next major update.

Oh I see. Thanks!

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Feb 3, 2016

Okay, thank you

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 31, 2016
Amazing!!
This game is so much fun I didn't expect too much at first but then the music started and I got them vibes!
I just loved exploring the School and forest.
I'm not even done yet with the demo and I think this game is truly amazing!
Keep up the good work !!
I expect great things from this game :D !!

Alababal

Years
How do I download the game?

The link to it is in the first post. Btw no one has any problems with Mega, right?

Amazing!!
This game is so much fun I didn't expect too much at first but then the music started and I got them vibes!
I just loved exploring the School and forest.
I'm not even done yet with the demo and I think this game is truly amazing!
Keep up the good work !!
I expect great things from this game :D !!

Glad you're enjoying it so far! There are still a few bugs in the game but I hope you find everything all right.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 17, 2016
thid game is very good. i liked to played soo much but there are s few bugs for exemple when you come back from acadamia and you find Ellise the restar the other event when you tried to invade the secret base. Im still playing and im gonna do the event again

PS: im portuguese, sorry for the bad english xD

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 17, 2016
Hi. First of all really enjoying to play this game it´s so awesome, thanx for makin it and sharing with us. i´m stuck at the second gym cause i cant figure the puzzle out..can anyone help me please?

Alababal

Years
thid game is very good. i liked to played soo much but there are s few bugs for exemple when you come back from acadamia and you find Ellise the restar the other event when you tried to invade the secret base. Im still playing and im gonna do the event again

PS: im portuguese, sorry for the bad english xD

No worries I've got it. I think I've finally figured this bug out. It took a while...

If you join Team Celestial, don't talk to the admin when she's standing in the doorway, after she gives you a pokemon. She's not supposed to be there. If you talk to her it won't mess you up long term, but you'll end up battling pokemon that are stronger than what you should be battling at that point in the game, and you'll end up doing that story line twice.

Both the above bug and the route 303 teleportation bug will be fixed by the next update. People are finishing the game now and these are the two bugs I'm hearing about. So hopefully there will be only one or two more minor updates and then I can focus on gyms 4 and 5.

Hi. First of all really enjoying to play this game it´s so awesome, thanx for makin it and sharing with us. i´m stuck at the second gym cause i cant figure the puzzle out..can anyone help me please?

This is a pretty tough one to answer. I'm actually a little bit surprised more people haven't asked about it. Have you found any trainers yet? Any lights?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 17, 2016
i just finished the game and i dont if lost some event or not doing that but i just beat the third gym and i just got a beedillite and i dont now if are another mega stone but i liked play so much and when the update irs ready i will star over and see what i lost :) . keep with good work i wiil be were yo say good job ;)

Alababal

Years
i just finished the game and i dont if lost some event or not doing that but i just beat the third gym and i just got a beedillite and i dont now if are another mega stone but i liked play so much and when the update irs ready i will star over and see what i lost :) . keep with good work i wiil be were yo say good job ;)
Glad you liked it, I'll do my best going forward. The other mega stone that has a sidequest is the banetteite, and it would be super obvious if you lost that one. Still it might not be a bad thing to try starting over. Some choices you make even early on can impact dialogue a little bit later in the story, and can even impact what pokémon you can get. For example sableye and scraggy are pokémon you can only get if you make certain choices. Otherwise they'll be late game pokémon. I plan on adding more stuff like that by the next update, even back at the academy.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen May 8, 2016
Hi I just want to say a big thank you to the creators of PK Alabaster :)
Within just 3 hours of gameplay, im already in love with the game.

I hope there will be frequent content updates soon.

Awesome game guys :) Already subbed to yr youtube channel as well!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 17, 2016
have one problem whit my game, i have another pokemon fan game and when i gona play that game my save of pokemon Alabaster is in that game can someone help me ?

Years
  • Seen Sep 21, 2022
I'M getting this error when i use c in battle
Message: undefined method `pbStartChooseMoveScreen' for #<PokemonSummary:0x7dc9490>
PokeBattle_Scene:2767:in `pbChooseMove'
PokeBattle_Scene:2764:in `pbFadeOutIn'
PokeBattle_Scene:2764:in `pbChooseMove'
PItem_ItemEffects:2681
PItem_ItemEffects:2680:in `call'
Event:150:in `trigger'
PItem_Items:234:in `triggerBattleUseOnPokemon'
PokeBattle_Battle:1754:in `__shadow_pbUseItemOnPokemon'
Pokemon_ShadowPokemon:509:in `pbUseItemOnPokemon'
PokeBattle_Battle:3050:in `pbAttackPhase'