• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Favorite Sinnoh Starter?

What's your favorite Sinnoh starter?

• Turtwig

Votes: 37 44.6%
  • Chimchar

Votes: 22 26.5%
  • Piplup

Votes: 24 28.9%

• Total voters

blastofcitrus1

blastofcitrus
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 26, 2017
Infernape is the best for competitive play but I like using piplup in-game because empoleon's water/steel type is pretty decent!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
My least favorite batch of starters, if I'm being honest. However, there is one shining star among them and that's Empoleon. It's just so cool looking and the typing was new and interesting at the time. So I guess, that being said, my vote is going to Piplup!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 26, 2021
Turtwig would have to be my favorite starter just because the final evolution reminds me of something out of the Super Mario series. I really like the Mario games.

Years
Piplup, it's so adorable and when I was younger it was one of my favourite pokemon. Turtwig is my second favourite, I love it's design and Torterra is an absolute beast.

Last edited:

kyuubi93

What a bother
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 24, 2018
Chimichar, it was the first starter I used when I first played through the game and has been my favorite starter since.

AetherBoyMicha

Aether Employee
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
Turtwig's my fav, it was the first starter I ever chose :3 ... Though I somehow released it as a Grotle so used Starly as my starter to replace it. In my replay though I used Turtwig again and saw how awesome Torterra is.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
These are honestly my least favorite batch of starters, but I'll go with Turtwig because I really do love Torterra.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Turtwig! I didn't really care for it at first but when I used it on Pearl i fell in love. I also adored Ash's Turtwig so that was a good bonus.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Turtwig because he was my first pick and is cuter than Piplup or Chimchar. Torterra is a colossal and fearsome world carrying turtle, I love that it's a walking mini-continent with a small habitat on its back. Too bad he was shunned in favor of Infernape in the anime.

Ultra Sun

Yes this is PC user Sun lol
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 29, 2022
Easily Piplup I just love the Water-type! But Chimchar isn't too bad, in fact, it isn't that far behind Piplup!

Back