• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Equivalent Exchange! Fullmetal Alchemist Club

thefallendetective

-johnlocked-
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 31, 2014
Hello!! I would like to join the club! (^∀^)ノ

Username: thefallendetective
Favorite character(s): Edward Elric | Envy | Izumi Curtis

How/when did you get into the FMA series? What are your overall thoughts on the manga/anime?
I was looking for an anime to watch a few years back and the title of the show piqued my interest
because I'm interested in fantasy; magic; alchemy and such things! I watched the brotherhood series.
( ゚ー゚) Literally cried my heart out for every single episode and this is one of the anime that I will
never ever forget. All the feels are too much to handle HAHAHA. ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Do you have any favorite quotes?
"I'm just a passing housewife!"

Years
Does anyone here have any merchandise, like plushies, figurines, DVDs, etc?
Unfortunately none... ;_; I'd love to get some adorable figures of my favorite characters sometime, though! Wouldn't mind owning the manga either.

Welcome, guys! It's especially a pleasure to see you here, Marina. :~D Glad to see you're an FMA fan as well.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Hi, dearest Marina. :D Ooo I love it when Izumi says she's just a housewife. She kicks serious butt! Still, Roy's lines often captivate me. Just look at this man, how could you not want to be on his team? :D

2e3r0hy.jpg

Years
Eeee, I love Roy! <3 He is so cool and super strong to boot. I'll just stuff Hawkeye in a box so I can nab him for myself, hehe. Nothing beats this Roy .gif:

tumblr_mqgqvmlVUZ1sn7acvo3_r1_500.gif

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Username: ChucklesLucifer, call me chuckles
Favorite character(s): Major Armstrong and Alphonse Elric
Answer a topic:

▪ Do you have any favorite quotes?:
"I am walking down a path of no return, so I will leave behind me every gift I've received from God." ~Scar

▪ Does anyone here have any merchandise, like plushies, figurines, DVDs, etc?:
I have the recent 2011 movie

▪ How/when did you get into the FMA series? What are your overall thoughts on the manga/anime?:
I got into the FMA series when it was released I would say I fondly remember crying over the book and some of the things they go through especially the innocence of some of the characters AND major Armstrong... BOY he is worth his laughs. Still to this day I cry and laugh at the books as well as the light novel I wasn't really into the light novel though.

pompayyy

Forever and Ever
Years
Username: ChocoboCam
Favorite Character: Alex Louis Armstrong
How/when did you get into the FMA series? What are your overall thoughts on the manga/anime?:I got into FMA when I was trying to start getting into some anime. Brotherhood seemed to be the most recommended, but it wasn't on Netflix at the time, so I settled with the 2003 series. I absolutely loved it so I bought the Blu-Ray collection of Brotherhood. I love both of the anime and I plan to buy the manga.

Years
Hi guys, welcome to the club! :D

Chuckles, I really love Major Armstrong. He's definitely one of the most hilarious characters on the show.. FMA has some of the most brilliant characters and you can get attached to each and every one of them so quickly.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
So I uncovered my Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood box set of episodes 1-33 and it's unopened and I'm still unsure if I should open it and watch or if I should keep it and sell it or something. XD; I still have yet to see all of FMA:B so the former is more inviting, but...

pompayyy

Forever and Ever
Years
Hi guys, welcome to the club! :D

Chuckles, I really love Major Armstrong. He's definitely one of the most hilarious characters on the show.. FMA has some of the most brilliant characters and you can get attached to each and every one of them so quickly.

Oh heck yeah. The characters are probably my favorite aspect of the FMA series. Edward seems like a realistic character that gets sad, happy, angry (especially if you call him a pipsqueak), annoyed, confused, and teased. I would say character wise the 2003 series is better, since more characters get fully fleshed out, Like Hughes, Basque Grand, and Nina :( .

SinfulGuroRose

Ignore me, I'm socially inept.
Years
Username: SinfulGuroRose
Favorite character(s): Envy, Ed, Lust
Answer a topic: (I hope you don't mind if I do two.)
Does anyone here have any merchandise, like plushies, figurines, DVDs, etc? I have issues 1-9 of the manga (although mice ate the backs off some :<), the whole first anime, and the Star of Whatever it is movie.
How/when did you get into the FMA series? What are your overall thoughts on the manga/anime? I first got into FMA through adult swim, although I stopped watching for like 3 years, since I saw the first episode when I was like, 8? xD Needless to say, Mrs. Elric's reanimated remains terrified me. But once I got back into it, FMA became, and always will be, my favorite anime. I could write a whole essay on how much I love it and why, but I won't bore you guys. U wU;

Years
So I uncovered my Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood box set of episodes 1-33 and it's unopened and I'm still unsure if I should open it and watch or if I should keep it and sell it or something. XD; I still have yet to see all of FMA:B so the former is more inviting, but...

Ahhh watch it. Brotherhood is so much better than the original series imho and the characters are so much more fleshed out. You'll definitely cry at least a few times watching it. ;o;

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
As Cirno said, brotherhood is so much better it follows the manga directly meaning that nothing changes I read the manga and watched Brotherhood it is so much better even though FMA is so good I cried like 10 times

Years
Let's try and get the club a little more active again! Deadness is inexcusable. That means.. time for a new topic!

Fullmetal Alchemist has two movies: "Fullmetal Alchemist the Movie: Conqueror of Shamballa" and "Fullmetal Alchemist: The Sacred Star of Milos." The first film follows the original series while the latter was set within Brotherhood, the second series', timeline. Have you seen either of these movies? What did you think of them?

Years
Username: ElectricPikachu
Favorite character(s): Alphonse! He reminds me of myself, for some reason.
Answer a topic: I got into the manga when I was very young, about 9, maybe? I was so young, I didn't want my parents to find out I was reading that kinda stuff. I took it from my older brother's bookshelf and read it when his back was turned. I was older when they made the anime. It disappointed me a bit, and I stopped obsessing over it for about a year. Then Brotherhood came out, and I found my true love. I just LOVE Brotherhood, I like it a bit better than the manga. The voice acting in both languages was magnificent, the music was powerful... I just loved Ed's antics, and the way they could add humor into the most serious situations. Man, that was long.

TwilightBlade

Years
Welcome to the club, folks! Thanks for joining us here and sharing your fond memories of getting into this amazing series. I'd very much like reading essays on why you like this series. :)

Fullmetal Alchemist has two movies: "Fullmetal Alchemist the Movie: Conqueror of Shamballa" and "Fullmetal Alchemist: The Sacred Star of Milos." The first film follows the original series while the latter was set within Brotherhood, the second series', timeline. Have you seen either of these movies? What did you think of them?
I've only seen Conqueror of Shamballa, and it quite peacefully ended the main series. Good animation, fight scenes, music, character interactions and such. I wasn't too happy with
Spoiler:
Regardless of the ending, I imagine Shamballa is heaps better than Sacred Star of Milos, which I've read bad reviews on. I haven't gotten around to watching it for myself, though. Thanks for reminding me, dear! Good news, Cirno is now Co-owner of this club. :D

SinfulGuroRose

Ignore me, I'm socially inept.
Years
I've seen both movies, and I personally think Shamballa is the better of the two; even though I liked Brotherhood more than the original anime, I still think that movie was one of my favorite parts. Especially the chibi omake. xD That cracks me up every time.

If you don't mind my saying, The Sacred Star of Milos completely and absolutely sucked. It had terrible art and animation, plus it really didn't connect with any plot at all, even if it was set in Brotherhood. It was like the FMA creators just made a movie of their OCs and decided to throw Ed and Al in there. :/

Years
I haven't seen the second one yet! D: In fact.. when googling to get their names to include in my post I found out there was a second movie set in Brotherhood's timeline, haha. Going to have to watch it ASAP!

TwilightBlade

Years
I still haven't had the time to watch the other movie. How about new topics, fellow alchemists.

What character do you have the most in common with?

If you were a state alchemist, what would you want your code name to be?

Years
Hmm.. I'm not sure. I'm probably as nice as Al but at the same time I have a hard time showing my care for others since I'm generally quite shy. I guess I have a mix of Al and Winry's personality?

Lightning Alchemist! Because lightning and thunder are the best~

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
Username: Full Metal
Favorite character(s): Edward / Winry / Greed+Ling.

I've seen Conqueror of Shamballa but not Sacred Star ( now that I know it follows Brotherhood, I really want to ). I personally think Shamballa did a great job extending the story through but they completely shattered all the alchemic rules / guidelines. Magic???? Alphonse knows magic???????????? !!!?????!

Edward, even though he is the main character. ( short temper lol / prodigy / disregard for family rooted in fathers / all or nothing sort of mindset ).

Cold Steel. :3

( Also, the CSS on the first post is amazing tbh )

* edit *

I watched the Star of Milos and I'm not sure how I feel about it. Ashely's existence bothers me, and I'm not entirely sure if Julia actually knows alchemy or not.

Last edited:
Back