• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you enjoy Stand Up Comedy?

Years
  • Age 23
  • Online now
Do you have a favorite Stand Up Comedian, or do you not find this type of stuff funny?

I liked some of the older comedians such as Richard Pryor, but even then, it's something I only watched if I stumbled across it.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Depends. I like George Carlin and I watched most of his performances. Other than that I wouldn't go out of my way to watch one either.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 17, 2021
I respect Carlin and Pryor. They're gonna be the ones mentioned the most but they only really made me laugh out loud a handful of times. For me the best stand ups on the planet are Jim Norton, Colin Quinn, Norm MacDonald and Brian Regan. The late Patrice O'neal and Mitch Hedberg were great as well. I love brutal, honest comedy and I can't stand most of the soft crap we're given. That's why I respect Carlin and Pryor.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
I adore stand-up comedy. It's my favourite medium. I tend to scour the internet to find stuff, and try to visit a comedy club at least once a week. Where I live is especially great for that because a lot of international acts come through here.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I like it sometimes, but some stand-up comedians are just cringeworthy in that they are too obscene or offensive and it stops being fun. It's got to be just right.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 17, 2021
I like it sometimes, but some stand-up comedians are just cringeworthy in that they are too obscene or offensive and it stops being fun. It's got to be just right.

If it's an actual joke, there's nothing I love more than obscene and offensive. I do agree some people just try to be offensive for the sake of it.

Xertified

Shtposting is my life.
Years
Make Happy by my boy Bo Burnham was great. Bo Burnham is overall great and definitely my favorite comedian. Some of his songs are hella deep and some are funny af.

Just a great comedian 11/10.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
I've only ever watched one in my life. Chelsea Peretti. And that's only because she was so gorgeous to me once upon a time.

But it was still pretty enjoyable.

Back