• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Have you restarted your X&Y adventure?

Years
I've reset Y a few times, but since Pokemon Bank is out, I just used that to store my Pokemon from my last save file and transfer those Pokemon to my new save. My Pokemon in my other save files weren't so lucky, but I'm fine because they weren't fully EV Trained anyway. xP I'm considering getting X though, and using that copy to do challenges and all that.

Shhmew

Years
I just restarted my X file the other day. I was going to do a Nuzlocke or Wedlocke but I chickened out; I'm awful at those. I'm just using random pokes that I've (mostly) never used before. So far my team is Pidgeotto (appropriately named Bird Jesus), Litleo (always wanted to use it but used Charizard and Talonflame in my other playthroughs), Shelgon (always used Flygon or Altaria over Salamence), and Floette (didn't use it in my other playthroughs).

It's been fun. ^__^ I just put all my pokemon from my old file in Pokemon Bank, and I'll put them back in my boxes soon. The only thing bothering me is that I don't have my old outfit and I have to buy all the clothes all over again, lol.

victini91

Star of the Victory
Years
I have restarted once before, it's only hours of gametime and I've just passed Lumiose City in that moment till my exams coming and decided to start over once I've finished. Now, I will never ever restart. I can't delete my save file with tons of Pokemon (691 in Pokedex as of now) inside and 260+ hours of playtime. Seriously not a good move.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 4, 2014
I just restarted my game and I am catching every pokemon I see(In my first playthrough I just went through the stryline)Am battling only trainers I have to battle,I'm not doing ANY training,and I have a 5Iv shiny snivy leading my team!

atomtanned

Delinquent
Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2022
I have always played the games this way -- I have a main file that I use to complete the Dex and then I have the other game for quick playthroughs/challenges.

Right now I'm doing a Wonderlocke challenge on my copy of Y which has been a lot of fun :)

MetalxTongue

Underdog of Truth
Years
I've never restarted any of my pokemon games and I am not about too. I never start over. I keep playing the same game from before. :)

complexive

Pretty Sailor Soldier
Years
I'd never reset my Y file, I've put too much time into it plus I love my team. If anything i'd probably just buy X and replay the game all over again with a different team.

slim spazzy

Kik: spazzyda59
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
I re started my x and y after i downloaded poke bank andim now doing a nuzlocke

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
Years
I didn't even consider the idea until I noticed that getting a shiny Yveltal is possible... Now I'm trying to decide if I should use the bank to my advantage and restart while trying to get the shiny legendaries or if I should just forget it and keep going with what I have to avoid some annoyances like getting the egg-hatching power again, or getting all the cloths I got again, or even just getting certain items back.

Who knows, maybe I will.

Xerneas_X

Raven
Years
I didn't even consider the idea until I noticed that getting a shiny Yveltal is possible... Now I'm trying to decide if I should use the bank to my advantage and restart while trying to get the shiny legendaries or if I should just forget it and keep going with what I have to avoid some annoyances like getting the egg-hatching power again, or getting all the cloths I got again, or even just getting certain items back.

Who knows, maybe I will.

Actually you can't get a Shiny Yveltal in-game. Here's a separate thread I have about how to get the Shiny 6th Gen Legendaries: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=319889 #1

Haunted Cupcake

Soul Resonance Technician
Years
People don't know that shiny locked pokemon is a thing? o well.Restarted my Y version after using lil bros 2ds to transfer items i wanted to keep at frost cavern right now half my team are hm slaves the other half i use to battle with.
Battle
Shiny Trevenant/Quiet [was going for trick room team but i gave up]
L seed/WoW/Horn Leech/P force

Electabuzz/adamant
Ice punch/fire punch/thunder punch/cross chop

Porygon2@eviolite Modest
Agility/recover/signal beam/tri attack

hm slaves [generally pokemon i don't like]
Steelix cut/strength/rock smash/dig
Talonflame fly/flamebody for eggs
greninja surf/waterfall

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
Years
I wanted to restart, but I didn't want to lose my data :( even if it's a fraction of yours, OP!

I got Pokemon Y instead (digital download) and I'm doing a Bug-type run-through with it. I really want to focus on challenges this time around. I didn't want to Mega Evolve at all in Pokemon X (original cartridge), but since it's such a huge part of the storyline I felt I was obliged to do it. I'll be avoiding Mega-evolving in my Y runthroughs.

AshtheIVth

I want Kingdom Hearts 3 now!!
Years
I restarted my pokemon X after doing the same as Xerneas_X, moving most of my pkmn to pokebank and trading my items to someone and then trading back later, especially my megastones, for some reason i did not want to have to re find them again lol. Anyway, i started out with torchic, dratini, bulbasaur, ralts, froakie, and pidgey. After evolving and having blaziken, dragonite, venasaur, gallade, greninja, and pidgeot, i traded my venasaur for my celebi, and gallade for a Mew i acquired. After swapping i realized i have no blazikenite or another pkmn that mega-evolves, that was a negative, i love using mega-evo in battle, especially with blaziken, and Lucario, but oh well. On an end-note, my blaziken has speed boost, love it, celebi with natural cure, useful, and greninja with protean, awesome!! Not one trainer in-game has stood a chance lol :)

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
Years
I would never restart my main file on Y since I have waaay too much Pokemon on that, and I don't have access to bank. But I've already done a reset playthrough on my X. Have I done significant changes? Most definitely, the biggest change I had done was an only Eeveelution run. Which, surprisingly was very fun. Having six Eevees at the start of the game was oddly hilarious to me.

Back