• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Chromatite(Spherians Project)

What do you think of the battle system?

• Perfect

Votes: 21 37.5%
  • Good

Votes: 13 23.2%
  • Stick to the original pokemon one

Votes: 13 23.2%
  • Bad

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Total Crap

Votes: 8 14.3%

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2006
wow. That looks great. Will you be allowed to send out all your pokemon?

Waudby

Not sure yet it may complicate things probably 2 v 2 battles will be on but im not sure yet! i think we will add tht in! We gna work on the hp bars and stuff so they suit the scene better!

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
Years
6 vs 6 battles will be possible. As for Chromatite I think when we have the basic stuff ready I'll make a side project as a Starter Kit, besides we can't really encrypt the game cause Sphere doesn't allow that I think :)

Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2006
I think a starter kit would be a great idea. It will get more people involved with sphere, which would be a great learning experience.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
Definately. The starter kit would be a great idea.

Waudby

Yeah because then maybe people can adapt them to make other types of games apart from pokemon lol! But yeah its a good idea!

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
Years
would just like to tell you that I just solved another "problem" that was causing some bugs, now you are just allowed to open the menu when the hero is not moving which solved:
- If you were moving in a certain direction and you were to access the menu and then go back to the game the hero would keep going on that direction.
- if you were to access the menu while moving and then save the coordinates would be messed up and when you load it would be totally screwed xD

Waudby

Good job Dark! Ill post some of my maps soon to see what people think!

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
Years
oh, btw. I want to wish everyone a Happy New Year and if not better at least the same as the last cause we managed to get to the end of it :P

Waudby

Happy new year to u aswell! Maps on their im just finishin the next one off!

Ryt Here is my new region - Sukira(not sure about the name) if ne1 has a better name please pm me!
Region.png

Next up - A new route 1!
route101.png

Finally the start town which still needs a name!
Mymap1.png

Last edited:

gibslpsg

Master Mapper
Years
Awsome Waudby! I think this region will be a great addition to Chromatite. Keep up the good work.

PS: I'll bee putting out some maps soon of my Chromatite region called Indou. So expect updates!

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
Years
wait a minute, if the one above is route 1 and the one bellow is the starting map, theoretically route 1 should come right after the starting map but route 1's entrance is south and u leave the starting map west, so what's in between? :S

Waudby

Cheers for the advice datriot! I will do sum more on wednesday and post them asap!

-Cya-

halfling2

Breakfast Squid
Years
Whoa, I like this game!
Datriot said:
Hehe, I remember maing a faceset script with RGSS once, looked wierd though, good idea on the name window on the top-right corner, I'm glad to see some sphere games around! :)
I need that script!:shocked:

Waudby

Lol! There are lots of rgss faceset scripts around check out dublex's site!!

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
Years
some more screens today, this time of Cherrygrove City:
cherrygrove.png

I was thinking of the following option for the beginning of training:
instead of going to the lab and getting the pokemon from the professor what happens is the following, you choose a city to start, you apparently don#t have any parents and you grew in the pokemon center so your adoptive mother is nurse joy of the town/city where you start (if there's no pokecenter you start in a normal house). Then nurse joy tells you it is time to get your first pokemon and she lets you borrow one and gives you a couple of pokeballs, then you leave and go to the nearest route and battle a wild pokemon, as soon as you capture it you will go back to the pokecenter, the one you borrowed will be returned and you can start your journey. If you loose you will be teleported to the pokecenter and be recharged with pokeballs xD

Merovin

Dragon Master!
Years
thats realy cool idea, go with that option it rocks, leave more of a random choice of who your starter will be and nice screens keep up teh great work!

Back