• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which Electric Pokemon Did You Use?

Which Electric Pokemon Did You Use?

• Luxray

Votes: 92 64.3%
  • Raichu

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • Electivire

Votes: 16 11.2%
  • Other (Please list)

Votes: 27 18.9%

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Sep 13, 2012
I noticed that is D/P/Pt, there are a few more good options for electric Pokemon than in other games. So what did you use?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I used Luxray in my first run of D/P, but sent it to the PC late game. In HG/SS, I used Mareep/Flaaffy, but I sent it to the PC because I felt it was a bit slow.

JaySawn

Weedle Weedle Wee -Patrimon?
Years
I used luxray in my D/P/Pt , since I picked chimchar as my starter

Great attack , and decent speed/defense ( only for in-game )

Yep , bye bye water types ^^

~ Jay

Years
  • Seen Sep 13, 2012
I used Luxray in my first run of D/P, but sent it to the PC late game. In HG/SS, I used Mareep/Flaaffy, but I sent it to the PC because I felt it was a bit slow.

Yeah, HG/SS is one of those games without many options for electric Pokemon. It's either Ampharos or Jolteon, and I personally don't like Jolteon's design. Ampharos's bas speed is only 50, if I remember right. But it's got good special attack.

Soar

n00b
Years
I used Shinx in D/P/P and Used Mareep in HG/SS because i love mareep. Its like a cuddly little sheep :D

Calvolt

Finely tuned machine
Years
Luxray, mostly because I wanted to use something from that generation. I would've used Electivire, but I'm forever alone and couldn't trade with anyone... :pink_frown:

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2018
I use Luxray in Platinum.
However, in HeartGold, I didn't use any Electric-type Pokémon.

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
Years
I used Luxray in both Diamond and Platinum, I find it suits my playstyle fairly well. I also used Ampharos in HeartGold and while he was slower than most electric pokemon but I still liked him and suited my team well.

SneakerTheOtter

Otter Power!
Years
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 21, 2015
I usually use Pokemon found on early routes, so Shinx in DPPt and Pikachu in RBY/FRLG was a must. I don't think I've used any electric types in any other game.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
On my very first run through of DP, I caught and rasied a shinx ito a Luxray and it proved to be extremely useful -- especially against Cynthia's Milotic. Although this thread being DPPt specific, I didn't opt top train an electric type in HGSS; instead, I had my Dragonite learn Thunder Punch to give my team that little spark. I didn't like much of the options of electric types in Johto - Ampharos is too common, and personally I don't like it's appearance, so it really wasn't my cup of tea. But Dragonite worked well anyway, so no problems overall.

Years
I didn't use a Electric-type for Platinum, I instead used Weavile for Flying Types and the raw power of Porygon-Z with Thunderbolt for Water types. In the past however, I have used Luxray and Magnezone to great effect.

HG/SS is pretty much Ampharos, the only useful Electric type early on, although I did use Lanturn and enjoyed what it brought to the table.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Yeah, HG/SS is one of those games without many options for electric Pokemon. It's either Ampharos or Jolteon, and I personally don't like Jolteon's design. Ampharos's bas speed is only 50, if I remember right. But it's got good special attack.
I personally disagree, even if you only look at the Pokemon available in the game itself. (There is also a voltorb trade and those Electrode, and the Magnemite like from the Safari Zone). The Pokewalker however allows you to get the likes of Pikachu, Elekid and Magnemite as soon as you unlock those courses too so that isn't too bad in the end.

As for DPPt I went with Shinx because that line is one of my favourites, heh. As for HGSS Ampharos for nostalgia's sake.

rayan.b

i like cinnamon :)
Years
i had 3 electric pokemon in platinum (luxray magnezone and electriver) but i voted luxray cuz he was the first one i caught ( by the way i had 3 because my team was about 14 pokemon but not all of them where IN the team all the time )

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
For Diamond I used a Luxray, because I adore lions and wouldn't choose any other Electric Type <3 For HG/SS, I didn't use Electrics most of the time but when I did I chose Ampharos.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
I used Jolteon in Platinum and HG/SS as my primary electric type due to its incredible as hell speed. had to resort to Luxray in Diamond though.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years

I definitely think that was more DP. Take a look at Volkner's team for example, he really only had 2 electric types -- and I suppose the lack of types also carried through with fire types; if we take Flint for example, who only had 2 out of 5 members of his team types.

Back