• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Critique] An archer and his fox (Decidueye/Ninetails)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 22, 2019
So here's my Decidueye/Ninetails deck, anything with a "/" are things I've tested but am not sure what's most effective.

Grass

4 Rowlet
3 Dartrix
4 Decidueye GX

Water

3 Alolan Vulpix
3 Alolan Ninetails GX

Colourless

2x Tauros GX

Lightning/Psychic (either Koko or Lele, not both):

1x Tapu Koko Promo

1x Tapu Lele GX

Energy

5 Grass Energy
4 Double Colorless Energy

Trainer

4 Professor Sycamore
4 nest ball
4 ultra ball
2 Professor Kukui/Pokémon Ranger/Hex maniac
3 Hala
2 Special Charge
3 Mallow/Lysandre
4x Rare Candy
3x Max Potion/Trainer's Mail
3x Choice Band/Fury fighting belt

Last edited:

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
That's much much better. I'd fit trainers mail as it's rotating out and I'd maybe drop the choice bandsor FFBs for float stones but otherwise it's looking good

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 22, 2019
That's much much better. I'd fit trainers mail as it's rotating out and I'd maybe drop the choice bandsor FFBs for float stones but otherwise it's looking good

Out of the supporters, which ones would be best to keep?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 22, 2019

Also I have Rayquaza (S/M GR) if they help at all with the build.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 22, 2019
Nah, he;s a great card but you're relying on DCEs in this deck so he'd kind of be a waste

Okay, so as for supporters (trainer characters), when ones are "yay" and which are "nay"?

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
Okay, so as for supporters (trainer characters), when ones are "yay" and which are "nay"?

Lysandre is rotating but guzma comes in and does something very similar. You don't need FFBs either

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 22, 2019
Lysandre is rotating but guzma comes in and does something very similar. You don't need FFBs either

So how does only 2 special charge help this deck anyway? I remember it being recommended

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
So how does only 2 special charge help this deck anyway? I remember it being recommended

Because players will discard your DCEs and you need them back, hence special charge

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 22, 2019
Because players will discard your DCEs and you need them back, hence special charge

I bought a few booster packs today and pulled a Tapu Lele GX, I tested her in place of Tapu Koko Promo and she worked fairly well, would she work in Koko's place?

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
Well I mean, why 2 instead of 4

You only have room for 60 cards and garb is big in this format. You dont want excess items that you dont end up using that your opponent can force you to discard and power up their garbodor.

I bought a few booster packs today and pulled a Tapu Lele GX, I tested her in place of Tapu Koko Promo and she worked fairly well, would she work in Koko's place?

Run both. They both do different things. Promo Koko lays damage across the board and Lele GX gets you any supporter you need from your deck. Lele provides a secondary direct attacker to Tauros too.

Basically you want to be using as many feather arrows as you can a turn to spread damage. You use Koko to spread some more and Ninetales to bench snipe. Tauros is good to stall with because if they damage it you're gonna be able to hit them back for big big numbers. You can then clean up the board with Lele and Tauros late game whilst using feather arrows to rack damage on the bench

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 22, 2019
You only have room for 60 cards and garb is big in this format. You dont want excess items that you dont end up using that your opponent can force you to discard and power up their garbodor.

Run both. They both do different things. Promo Koko lays damage across the board and Lele GX gets you any supporter you need from your deck. Lele provides a secondary direct attacker to Tauros too.

Basically you want to be using as many feather arrows as you can a turn to spread damage. You use Koko to spread some more and Ninetales to bench snipe. Tauros is good to stall with because if they damage it you're gonna be able to hit them back for big big numbers. You can then clean up the board with Lele and Tauros late game whilst using feather arrows to rack damage on the bench

Alright, what should I drop to make room for Lele?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 22, 2019
Kukui, its not crucial to this deck, 2x Lele are

I only have 1 tho, and I'd rather wait til price drops before buying a 2nd Lele

EDIT: I got a second Tapu Lele now, traded my Incineroar (secret rare), and several EX Pokémon for it at the hobby store.

Last edited:

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
I only have 1 tho, and I'd rather wait til price drops before buying a 2nd Lele

EDIT: I got a second Tapu Lele now, traded my Incineroar (secret rare), and several EX Pokémon for it at the hobby store.

thrifty work my friend. 1 Lele works, but 2 is optimal, it means even if one is prized you have access to the second.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 22, 2019
thrifty work my friend. 1 Lele works, but 2 is optimal, it means even if one is prized you have access to the second.

Alright, so now I need float stones, enough space left for 3.

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
Years
Definitely cut down on your items. Playing so many items is just asking for Garbodor to reek havoc this Rotation. Drop the Ultra Balls, Nest Balls, Rare Candies, and Mail (or Potion).

With Vilplume and Garbodor being cards, items are not something you want to play heavily on anymore as you can get locked or one hit and have a bad time. Supporters are your friend this format, which is why you should play 3 Lele, although 2 will cut it for the time being. So we have 15 spots free, lets talk about what were adding.

x3 Forest of Giant Plants
This is a must for Decidueye variants. Seeing you're not playing stadiums or Delinquents this is something you must add to get the game going.

x2 Level Balls
Searching Daratix is a huge thing. Nest ball cant do this and Ultra Ball cant, but running 4 ultras just to discard an ultra is going to give Garbodor more fodor. Much more safe playing 2 Levels and the Bridgette.

x1 Bridgette
You dont need all those balls, just one Bridgette to get you going. Search it out with Lele or draw into it with draw power and youre going.

x4 N
N's like a must. Team Rocket's Handiwork is a thing, along with other neglect from play cards. Constantly playing Sycamore for draws is asking for a deck out this rotation.

x1 Skyla
This will help you get into whatever, play at least one.

x4 Rainbow Energy

This works great in any hybrid deck because you never know what youre going to be starting with, or if your have the right costs to begin with. Its an energy the works for everyone, and even starts adding damage to your Tauros if you don't have the DCE yet.

Back