The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games ROM Hacks Studio
LeafGreen Pokemon Emerald Green - v1.0

ROM Hacks Studio The ROM Hacks Studio — once known as our “Hacks Showcase” — is the best place on the web to find ROM hacks. Browse our curated collection, all made by PokéCommunity members: patch, play, and enjoy!

Old August 21st, 2017 (1:04 PM). Edited August 22nd, 2017 by Spherical Ice.

POKEMON EMERALD GREEN - A ROMHACK BY SULFUROUS

Introduction

Hi, I’m Sulfurous, a New Member and Pokemon Lover. One of my favorite things to do in my free time is play GBA Pokemon Rom Hacks, and Nuzlocke them. I thought I’d take this to the next level by making a Rom Hack for both you and me to enjoy. I present to you: Pokemon Emerald Green, a hack of Pokemon LeafGreen and the first rom hack I’ve ever made.

Story

The game takes place in the KANTO Region, except a slight twist has changed the way everyone interacts and battles with each other. The successful crime syndicate Team Rocket has partnered with a new company called the Trade Bureau, an organization that makes profit through buying and selling Pokemon. Together, they send operatives to catch and steal wild Pokemon by the hundreds to the HOENN Region. Meanwhile, agents in HOENN return the favor by shipping exotic HOENN Pokemon back. Because of this mess, all the KANTO Region Pokemon have decided to migrate to HOENN, while all the HOENN Pokemon did the vice versa. This event was marked as the HOENN Migration, which, in the game, happened not long ago. You, the hero, are a new trainer starting in this HOENN infested region. Grabbing the last KANTO Pokemon, you must fight your way through the region, and help the cause to destroy the corrupt Trade Bureau from causing more regional trouble. Utilizing the wild HOENN Pokemon, you will battle trainers who still have Kanto Pokemon, and ultimately, be forced to face the unstoppable heads of both Team Rocket and the Trade Bureau. The game is a true region vs. region fight, and the outcome as to which one wins is up to you.

Screenshots

(if images are not loading directly here is a link to the album: http://imgur.com/a/yJhkK)

Features

Pokemon Emerald Green isn’t the best rom hack out there, but it puts some quite challenging twists on the gameplay. It is recommended you Nuzlocke the game.

Now, here are the core aspects of the game:

- All KANTO Pokemon in the wild have been replaced with their HOENN counterparts. However, the trainers keep their KANTO Pokemon for the most part. This gives the region vs. region flare
    -National Pokedex is given to you at the start of the game.
    -Edited Storyline and Dialogue to help you immerse yourself into the game.
    -Boss Battles, such as Rival, Gym Leaders, and Giovanni, have much stronger teams with unique movesets. Some have both KANTO and HOENN Pokemon!
    -Safari Zone is better, it includes a wide variety of Pokemon.

Bugs

-Some dialogue boxes are slightly messed up. Doesn’t affect gameplay.

Download

To play Pokemon Emerald Green Version, you must patch the .ips file of the game to a clean Pokemon Leaf Green 1.0 Version (it is very important that the version MUST be 1.0, or the game will be messed up).

IPS Files

Version 1.0 download: Pokemon Emerald Green Version.ips

Happy playing!
    Old August 29th, 2017 (8:32 AM).

Version 1.1 is going to be released soon!

- changed a legendary encounter
      - improved quality of life
      - small map edit to Rocket Base

I know many people haven't seen this yet but hopefully this update makes it more unique.
      Old August 29th, 2017 (6:03 PM). Edited August 29th, 2017 by Froosty.
      The_Learner

Nature: Brave
        The story catched my mind.
        Keep up the good effort.

Want to showcase your hack on discord server ??? Click here to get the dask done.

My works:
        TOOL: TL's Quick Enhancer
        TUTORIAL: Fire red habitat editing
        TUTORIAL: Fire red Transparent text-box

| |
        Old October 10th, 2017 (2:06 PM).

Seems like it might be pretty good. I will check it out later today!
          Old November 27th, 2017 (9:35 AM).

Quote:
            Originally Posted by d_wib View Post
            Only at the 2nd gym, but this is really cool so far! I love the region v region feel, I'm having fun with Aron wrecking early Kanto folks. The fact that your rival also uses exclusively Gen3 pokes makes the fights vs him much more unique and it feels like a pretty cool showdown.

I think purchasing Feebas instead of Magikarp from the shady guy in the PokeCenter outside Mt. Moon would have been a cool touch - same with the fossils being Hoenn fossils?
            Edit: Updating the in-game trades would be good too. Not sure how I'd ever come up on owning an Abra to trade for a Mr. Mime. I'd be cool with trading a Shuppet for Sableye or Absol or something.

Any plans on making a RSE hack with only Kanto and/or Johto pokemon available? I'd have fun playing that where Wally winds up with an Alakazam or something.
            Thanks for the feedback and sorry I'm responding so late lol. I switched computers to a Mac so it will be much harder to make those changes, but thanks for the feedback anyways and given the time I'll try to do that.

What gym are you on if you still play? Do you think the game is difficult at all, or is it still easy. It was meant to be Nuzlocked which if you aren't doing it's probably easier.
            Old January 24th, 2018 (2:22 PM).

Looks like a fun rom hack with a great story. I'll give it a try
              Old January 28th, 2018 (3:03 PM).

Looks nice, but why LeafGreen? Barely anyone has LeafGreen roms as most people are accustomed to it being FireRed. It's not like there's any differences between the two that are unchangeable or anything, so it just comes across as...I dunno, weird? It's just gonna make the hack harder to install and nothing else.
                Old January 28th, 2018 (3:46 PM).
                The Psycho Pokemon

Nature: Jolly
                  aw man a nuzlock hack? Dangit and I was actually interested playing this too...

Quick Reply