• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Using a Field Effect to Change Forms

sonicfan7895

Just a dude, I guess
Years
I need some help again... >:(

So with everything I've gotten to figure out so far, there is one thing that is still puzzling me to this very day, and something I'd like to get done in the development of our game.

So, in our team's game, Pokemon Zen Version, we are including Giratina as an integral part of our story, and one of the things that we changed about Giratina is how it changes into Origin Forme. Rather than using the Griseous Orb, we want it to be able to change into Origin Forme through the use of a field effect, which is only obtainable through a new ability.

Everything about the field effect (and every desired effect) has been put into the game, the only thing that's puzzling me is how to execute a change in forme using only the field effect in question, called "Distortion".

This is the code I have thus far:
Code:
MultipleForms.register(:GIRATINA,{
[...]
"getForm"=>proc{|pokemon|
   maps=[49,50,51,72,73]   # Map IDs for Origin Forme
   if @field.effects[PBEffects::DistortionField]>=1 ||
      ($game_map && maps.include?($game_map.map_id))
     next 1
   end
   next 0

This came from Pokemon_MultipleForms, lines 553-577 ending at that "next 0" line.

If this looks correct at all, and I'm just missing something, please let me know.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Online now
That is not the right place for the code. You don't need the check for the field effects there because the field effects in vbattle are out of scope and not accesesablt from a pokemon object. (ie. Runtime errors if you tried to use this.)
You'll need to do almost the same thing but in def pbCheckForm in PokeBattle_Battler.

Code:
if isConst?(self.species,PBSpecies,:GIRATINA)
      if [email protected]
        [email protected]
        transformed=true
      end
    end
Look for this.
Change to this.
Code:
    if [email protected]
        [email protected]
        transformed=true
      end  
    if battle.field.effects[PBEffects::DistortionField]>=1
        self.form=1
        transformed=true
      end
    end
Not tested, so may syntax error. (sorry in a rush)

sonicfan7895

Just a dude, I guess
Years
That is not the right place for the code. You don't need the check for the field effects there because the field effects in vbattle are out of scope and not accesesablt from a pokemon object. (ie. Runtime errors if you tried to use this.)
You'll need to do almost the same thing but in def pbCheckForm in PokeBattle_Battler.

Code:
      if [email protected]
        [email protected]
        transformed=true
      end
    end
Look for this.
Change to this.
Code:
    if [email protected]
        [email protected]
        transformed=true
      end  
    if battle.field.effects[PBEffects::DistortionField]>=1
        self.form=1
        transformed=true
      end
    end
Not tested, so may syntax error. (sorry in a rush)

It works for the most part, but it checks form and "transforms" it after literally everything that happens in battle. Attack a Pokemon, "transformation". Enemy Pokemon makes a turn, "transforms". Then it "transforms" twice more after that in the post turn checks.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Online now
[snip to get your attention]
Sorry, I didn't realize that would happen. Now it checks if its form is not 1 and the effect is active and then does the stuff.
Code:
    if [email protected]
        [email protected]
        transformed=true
      end  
    [COLOR="Red"]if @battle.field.effects[PBEffects::DistortionField]>=1 && self.form!=1[/COLOR]
        self.form=1
        transformed=true
      end
    end

Last edited:

sonicfan7895

Just a dude, I guess
Years
Snip to grab your attention

So it no longer transforms it after every single thing that happens, which is a great thing! But now the problem becomes changing formes back to 0 after a battle ends, like a Mega Evolution.

I tried looking into how Cherrim's form changed and how it changed back and tried to implement it, but it didn't work at all... Any ideas?

Years
  • Age 24
  • Online now
[attention snip]

That's in def pbResetForm, just below the method we were working with.
def pbResetForm
if !@effects[PBEffects::Transform]
if isConst?(self.species,PBSpecies,:CASTFORM) ||
isConst?(self.species,PBSpecies,:CHERRIM) ||
isConst?(self.species,PBSpecies,:DARMANITAN) ||
isConst?(self.species,PBSpecies,:MELOETTA) ||
isConst?(self.species,PBSpecies,:AEGISLASH) ||
isConst?(self.species,PBSpecies,:XERNEAS) ||
isConst?(self.species,PBSpecies,:GIRATINA)

self.form=0
end
end
pbUpdate(true)
end

Resets on faint, recall, and battle end.

Back