• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

『 THE POTTERLOCKE CHALLENGE 』

Status
Not open for further replies.

Etherion

『 THE POTTERLOCKE 』

Welcome young wizard and witch, to the 『 THE POTTERLOCKE 』 challenge!
A nuzlocke variant based on the the wizarding world of HP, where you get to sort
your captured Pokemon into houses according to their natures and each house has
different rulesets, boons and banes. Will you accept the challenge?

latest

『 i. nuzlocke rules 』

• You may only catch the first Pokemon you encounter in a route.
  • DUPES and SHINY clauses are on.
  • You must nickname all your captured Pokemon.
  • GIFT clause is off.
  • Once a Pokemon faints, it is considered dead and must be released or permaboxed.

『 ii. house assortment & house specific rules 』

• Once a Pokemon is sorted into a House, it can only fight alongside others from the same House! Pokemon from one House cannot be switched out for Pokemon in different Houses.
  • Each new Pokemon caught is sorted depending on its nature into one of the following Houses:

latest

• Pokemon that are: Brave, Bold, Impish, Rash, Hasty, Relaxed are sorted into here
  • They are chivalrous, they may switch in to help other houses once per gym badge.
  • They are cocky, they must play as if they are on Set mode, and in a trainer battle cannot switch out before allowing their opponent at least one chance to attack them.

latest

• Pokemon that are: Hardy, Docile, Naive, Modest, Gentle, Jolly, Bashful are sorted into here
  • They are unafraid of toil, only Hufflepuff Pokemon are allowed to use HM's. HM slaves are allowed ONLY if an HM is required to proceed and no Hufflepuff can learn it
  • They are fair, they cannot use status moves in-battle.

latest

• Pokemon that are: Calm, Quirky, Sassy, Quiet, Mild, Timid are sorted into here
  • They are creative, only Ravenclaw Pokemon are allowed to use TM's.
  • They are elite, they cannot use attack moves when they are Not Very Effective.

latest

• Pokemon that are: Lonely, Adamant, Naughty, Lax, Serious, Careful are sorted into here
  • They are ambitious, only Slytherin Pokemon allowed to use held items.
  • They love toadying, their levels must not be higher than next gym leader's lowest-level Pokemon.

『 iii. eras of magic 』

• Dursley Era (before 1st Badge)
    No magic allowed! Don't use any Special moves and no sorting yet, so Pokemon can all fight on one team.​
  • Philosopher's Stone (after 1st Badge)
    Sorting begins! From here on out, Pokemon can no longer switch out for those in different houses.​
  • Chamber of Secrets (after 2nd Badge)
    A basilisk is running around petrifying students! Any Pokemon afflicted with the SLEEP condition in battle must be boxed at the end of the battle, and cannot be taken out until the 3rd gym badge is obtained.​
  • Prisoner of Azkaban (after 3rd Badge)
    Sirius Black is on the loose and all Hogsmeade trips are banned! The PokeMart cannot be used until the next gym badge is obtained.​
  • Goblet of Fire (after 4th Badge)
    Pick a Triwizard Champion from Hogwarts. This Pokemon must lead in every trainer battle, including the Gym Leader's. If this Pokemon dies, pick another Champion.​
  • Order of the Phoenix (after 5th Badge)
    Time to recruit members for Dumbledore's Army! Take some Pokemon out from the box and train them. The team for the 6th gym battle must have at least 3 Pokemon that the 5th gym's team didn't! Umbridge's embargo is in effect, NO items can be used during this segment. That includes TM's and evolution stones! (The sole exception is using balls to catch new Pokemon.) Pokemon centers can still be used. Slytherin Pokemon, as members of the Inquisitorial Squad, are exempt from this rule.​
  • Half-Blood Prince (after 6th Badge)
    If one of your Pokemon dies, you must pick another Pokemon in your party and must be boxed at the end of the battle, and cannot be taken out until the 7rd gym badge is obtained. No Slytherins can be in the party until the next gym badge is obtained.​
  • Deathly Hallows Part 1 (after 7th Badge)
    You're camping in the woods and isolated! After getting the 7th badge, you may use the PC box once to choose your team of Pokemon. Thereafter, you cannot use the box for this entire segment. (The exception is boxing/releasing dead Pokemon.)​
  • Deathly Hallows Part 2 (after 8th Badge)
    The four Houses must unite! (yes, even Slytherin.) Pokemon can now switch out for those in other Houses. If possible, face the Elite Four with at least one Pokemon of each House in your party.​

『 iv. sign-up 』
HTML:
[INDENT][B]Username[/B]:
[B]Game[/B]:
[/INDENT]

『 iv. challengers & champions 』

• Lrachelr5 (White & X)
  • Xander729 (X)
  • Cymry (Y)
  • CatmanDaTrainer (Black)
  • CelticsPhan (Emerald)
  • Pikadude1228 (Platinum & Soul Silver)
  • Merlin (X)
  • Discord (Black)
  • ddrox13 (Y)
  • erratictransparency (Liquid Crystal)
  • Longmint (FireRed)
  • Herzjitu (AS)
  • HyperBeamEevee (FireRed)

Champions
Cymry (in Y)
668-f.png
625.png
660.png
717.png
591.png
576.png

『 v. credits & my sign-up 』

• Lethe, for the original idea

Username: Etherion
Game: Expert Emerald

RIS+decorative+divider+1.png

『 the house cup 』

latest
25 POINTS

latest

50 POINTS

latest

100 POINTS

latest

75 POINTS

RIS+decorative+divider+1.png

Last edited:

Etherion

I'm just wondering, with the gift clause would this mean that I could use the elemental monkeys in Black and White?

Username: LRachelR5
Game: White
Gift Clause is the ability to use Pokemon that are given by NPC's aside from your starter, since it is off, you cannot use the monkeys. Good luck on your challenge! :D

Username : Xander729
Game: Emerald
Good luck on the challenge! Please update whenever you can, I'd love too see your progress

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
Username: Cymry
Game: Y

Name theme is moons of the solar system, suitably witchy.

Current Team (just before Professor Sycamore fight):

Gryffindor
667MS.png

Amalthea the Bold Litleo, ♀, Lv 14
Ability: Unnerve
Moves: Headbutt, Leer, Ember, Work Up

Hufflepuff
656MS.png

Proteus the Bashful Froakie, ♂, Lv 12
Ability: Torrent
Moves: Lick, Growl, Bubble, Quick Attack

669MS.png
669MS.png

Callisto the Hardy Flabébé, ♀, Lv 8
Ability: Flower Veil
Moves: Tackle, Vine Whip, Fairy Wind

Ravenclaw

511MS.png

Trinculo
the Calm Pansage, ♂, Lv 9
Ability: Gluttony
Moves: Scratch, Return, Leer, Lick

659MS.png

Titan the Quirky Bunnelby, ♂, Lv 9
Ability: Cheek Pouch
Moves: Return, Bulldoze, Leer, Quick Attack

Slytherin

661MS.png

Hyperion
the Serious Fletchling, ♂, Lv 13
Ability: Big Pecks
Moves: Tackle, Growl, Quick Attack, Peck

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2016
Wow this is sick. I'm currently doing a randomized Platinum Nuzlocke, but I think I'm gonna do a Pokemon Ruby Potterlocke once I finish Platinum. When it happens, I'll post here again! (should be soon, within a week)

Etherion

Your registered :) Goodluck on your run, its very nice too see some progress already :D As a suggestion, can you add which era your in?

Wow this is sick. I'm currently doing a randomized Platinum Nuzlocke, but I think I'm gonna do a Pokemon Ruby Potterlocke once I finish Platinum. When it happens, I'll post here again! (should be soon, within a week)
Awesome :D Just be sure too post a signup and i'll be sure to register you. Goodluck on your current run :3

ジュナイパー

シャドーアローズ? ??トライク!
Years
This sounds epic! But do 'ya know what'll make it even more epic? Merging it with a Randomizer Nuzlocke!

Username: CatmanDaTrainer
Game: Pokemon Black

Man, I can't wait!

Oh, and can you explain to me this "no switching outside of your house" thing?

Last edited:
Years
I'm not even that big of a HP fan but boy, this sounds interesting. Think I'll give it a go after my current nuzlocke!

Years
This sounds epic! But do 'ya know what'll make it even more epic? Merging it with a Randomizer Nuzlocke!

Game: Pokemon Black

Man, I can't wait!

Oh, and can you explain to me this "no switching outside of your house" thing?

Basically say your Patrat was a bold nature and your Tepig was a brave nature then you could switch between them in battle because they are both Gryffindor natures, however say you also had a Lillipup on your team which was gentle nature, then you couldn't switch it with either Patrat or Tepig because gentle is a nature that is sorted into Hufflepuff house.

UPDATE POKEMON X- PHILOSOPHER'S STONE
Spoiler:

TEAM
Spoiler:

ジュナイパー

シャドーアローズ? ??トライク!
Years
Basically say your Patrat was a bold nature and your Tepig was a brave nature then you could switch between them in battle because they are both Gryffindor natures, however say you also had a Lillipup on your team which was gentle nature, then you couldn't switch it with either Patrat or Tepig because gentle is a nature that is sorted into Hufflepuff house.

Okay then. Thanks!

Etherion

Version: X
Should I change your current version? Or just add it?
Either way, goodluck! :D
And thank you for answering that question :3

Game: Pokemon Black​

Awesome! Goodluck on this! :D I'll get you registered!

I'm not even that big of a HP fan but boy, this sounds interesting. Think I'll give it a go after my current nuzlocke!
Thank you :3​

Years
Should I change your current version? Or just add it?
Either way, goodluck! :D
And thank you for answering that question :3

You're welcome and just add it to my current run

Quick update for my White run, basically I died at the first gym so I'm restarting my run on this game

UPDATE POKEMON X- THE CHAMBER OF SECRETS
Spoiler:

TEAM
Spoiler:

Last edited:

ジュナイパー

シャドーアローズ? ??トライク!
Years
Pokémon White - Sorcerer's Stone Era

Nuvema Town
Spoiler:

Route 1
Spoiler:

Accumula Town
Spoiler:

Route 2
Spoiler:

Striaton City Part 1
Spoiler:

Dreamyard Part 1
Spoiler:

Striaton City Part 2
Spoiler:

Striaton Gym!
Spoiler:

Dreamyard Part 2
Spoiler:

My Current Team!
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
Third Era of Magic - Coumarine City

Badges: 3
Deaths: 3

Currently prepping for some pre-gym grinding. Since my usual Slytherins can't level up further, the team has quite a few fresh-out-the-box Pokemon

Current Team:

Gryffindor

397MS.png

Ophelia the Relaxed Staravia, ♀, Lv 26
Ability: Intimidate
Moves: Quick Attack, Wing Attack, Double Team, Whirlwind
667MS.png

Amalthea the Bold Litleo, ♀, Lv 28
Ability: Unnerve
Moves: Headbutt, Fire Fang, Ember, Work Up

Hufflepuff

670MS.png