• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

The Christian Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Void

hiiiii
Years
133px-Simple_Labarum2.svg.png
✞ The Christian Community ✞

Welcome

Welcome to the Christian Community! Here, anyone can openly discuss their Christian faith with each other. Anyone interested in the faith is free to join, even non-Christians. So once again, welcome!

Rules

To ensure a free and healthy discussion, be sure to follow the rules as strictly as possible :D - All global PokeCommunity rules apply. - No bashing of other religions. - Respect all other members. - No spamming. - Stay on topic. - No proselytizing. - Have fun!

Members

The Void Minerva
Judge Mandolore Shepard
BadPokemon
Fairy Tale~
DanZC Magic Guard Orpheus EXO時代
O'aka XXIII
Lihtal PSNGhost Rinna Wicked3DS Kouzan Autumn Reverie Stoney the Togekiss Venitardus Sapphire Dragon Mr.Eeveelutions Anno Evanlyn ProfessorDex

Application

Code:
[B]Username:[/B]
[B]Are you Christian?:[/B]
[B]Denomination:[/B]

Current Topics

What's your reflection on Easter? What's your take on the canonization of Pope John Paul II? Do you believe in saints? Expound. What challenges do you face when identifying as a Christian?

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I was actually waiting for a group like this! Approved :) In the meantime I'll join since being a Catholic myself I do kinda fall under the spectrum of Christianity.

Username: Minerva
Are you Christian?: Technically, I'm Catholic, so it falls under that category.
Denomination: Catholic.

For those of you who want to join but unsure of what denomination you fall under, check this wikipedia article.

What's your reflection on Easter?
For me, Easter is about the celebration of how Jesus Christ has risen from the dead, giving us hope for life. In Mexico, we have beautiful and large celebrations at church (tearful, to add), and it made us be grateful to what we have and be positive for those that aren't present with us anymore. This year is really important because I lost my grandmother in February, so I have to remain positive for her.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
Years
I might as well join this one

Username: Judge Mandolore Shepard
Are you Christian: Technically Catholic, so under that category
Denomination: Roman Catholic

When it comes to my reflection about Easter, I see it as it has to do with Jesus' resurrection from the dead. That is what the celebration is about. Easter is one of the two times that I go to Mass during the year.

BadPokemon

Child of Christ
Years
I have also been waiting for one like this! I almost made one... Anyways, I'm super excited to be joining! I'm happy to meet my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ on this forum!

Username: BadPokemon

Are you a Chriatian? Yes! I believe that Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior. I have a relationship with God and am going to Heaven. Jesus died in the cross for my sins and to save me from destruction. He rose three days later to finally conquere death and sin! The devil and his minions are defeated! This has given me hope!

Denomination: Presbyterian.

What does Easter mean to you?

Easter means a lot of things. It's not about the chocolate candy and bunnies and eggs and stuff (though I did have my fair share). It's about how Jesus humbled Himself to the point of death on the cross. He died the most humiliating way, was beat, mocked, and worse. He was innocent! God sent Jesus down to live a perfect life and save us from our sins. Jesus died on the cross and rose three days later. He conquered sin and death so we could have a relationship with God and be in Heaven with Him!

The Void

hiiiii
Years
I was actually waiting for a group like this! Approved :) In the meantime I'll join since being a Catholic myself I do kinda fall under the spectrum of Christianity.

Username: Minerva
Are you Christian?: Technically, I'm Catholic, so it falls under that category.
Denomination: Catholic.

For those of you who want to join but unsure of what denomination you fall under, check this wikipedia article.

For me, Easter is about the celebration of how Jesus Christ has risen from the dead, giving us hope for life. In Mexico, we have beautiful and large celebrations at church (tearful, to add), and it made us be grateful to what we have and be positive for those that aren't present with us anymore. This year is really important because I lost my grandmother in February, so I have to remain positive for her.

Welcome, Minerva! I'm sure your grandmother is in touch with God and his angels in heaven now. I agree with you when you say that Easter is about hope, because while we wait for Easter we forget that Jesus is already alive and that what we are really looking forward to is His Second Coming. :)

I might as well join this one

Username: Judge Mandolore Shepard
Are you Christian: Technically Catholic, so under that category

When it comes to my reflection about Easter, I see it as it has to do with Jesus' resurrection from the dead. That is what the celebration is about. Easter is one of the two times that I go to Mass during the year.

lol. And when's the other time? Anyways, it's great to have you here, welcome!

I have also been waiting for one like this! I almost made one... Anyways, I'm super excited to be joining! I'm happy to meet my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ on this forum!

Username: BadPokemon

Are you a Chriatian? Yes! I believe that Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior. I have a relationship with God and am going to Heaven. Jesus died in the cross for my sins and to save me from destruction. He rose three days later to finally conquere death and sin! The devil and his minions are defeated! This has given me hope!

What does Easter mean to you?

Easter means a lot of things. It's not about the chocolate candy and bunnies and eggs and stuff (though I did have my fair share). It's about how Jesus humbled Himself to the point of death on the cross. He died the most humiliating way, was beat, mocked, and worse. He was innocent! God sent Jesus down to live a perfect life and save us from our sins. Jesus died on the cross and rose three days later. He conquered sin and death so we could have a relationship with God and be in Heaven with Him!

Hi and welcome BadPokemon! I'm glad you affirm salvation through Easter. I can tell by this post alone that you're a really devout Christian, burning with the fire of Jesus. :)

Fairy Tale~

Straight Outta Compton
Years
Oh i've been looking for a club like this!

Username: Fairy Tale~
Are you christain?: Of course i believe that Jesus died on
the cross to save us from Hell.
Your denomination?: Im not quite sure.

What does easter mean to you?:
I believe that easter is a day to celebrate what Jesus did for us.

The Void

hiiiii
Years
Oh i've been looking for a club like this!

Username: Fairy Tale~
Are you christain?: Of course i believe that Jesus died on
the cross to save us from Hell.
Your denomination?: Im not quite sure.

What does easter mean to you?:
I believe that easter is a day to celebrate what Jesus did for us.

Hey there. So you're nondenominational? I know a handful people who count themselves so.

Anyway I have a new topic up. Four days from now (or five days, depending where you're from), the Vatican will officially canonize Pope John Paul II as a saint. How do you feel about this? Do you believe in saint? What's your belief of them in general?

DanZC

Pokemon Trainer Dan
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 13, 2018
Username: DanZC
Are you Christian?: Yes. I believe that Jesus Christ is the messiah and believe the Trinity, so yeah.
What does Easter mean to you? Easter is a day to celebrate our freedom freedom from sin.
The Vatican will officially canonize Pope John Paul II as a saint. How do you feel about this? Do you believe in saints? What's your belief of them in general?
This is great news. Pope John Paul II was a great pope. I think really deserves to be a saint. I believe saints are those who we can look up to as spiritual leaders.

BadPokemon

Child of Christ
Years
Welcome Dan and fairy tale! I don't know much about pope john Paul II to really have an opinion. If he was that great of a pope, than he defenitly deserved it. (I don't follow the popes much, sorry).

~Justified~

~Working On A New Rom Hack~
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 23, 2015
Username: MagicGuard (Previously ShadowGreninja)
Are you Christian?: Yes of course!
Denomination: Baptist

What's your reflection on Easter? To me its a celebration of Jesus Christ's amazing sacrifice:)

What's your take on the canonization of Pope John Paul II? Don't know much about the Pope(s) since I'm not Catholic myself.

Do you believe in saints? Expound. I don't know much about what the saints are if you don't mind explaining it to me

Yukari

It makes me want to cry tears of joy that people would go public with their faith like this. ;-;

Username: Orpheus
Are you Christian?: Yes
Denomination: Church of God

To me Easter is about the day that Jesus concord death, and freed us from the penalty of our sin, which he took upon himself.

The Void

hiiiii
Years
Username: DanZC
Are you Christian?: Yes. I believe that Jesus Christ is the messiah and believe the Trinity, so yeah.
What does Easter mean to you? Easter is a day to celebrate our freedom freedom from sin.
This is great news. Pope John Paul II was a great pope. I think really deserves to be a saint. I believe saints are those who we can look up to as spiritual leaders.

Hey and welcome DanZC! I agree with you there, John Paul II was really a blessing to the world.

Username: MagicGuard (Previously ShadowGreninja)
Are you Christian?: Yes of course!
Denomination: Baptist

What's your reflection on Easter? To me its a celebration of Jesus Christ's amazing sacrifice:)

What's your take on the canonization of Pope John Paul II? Don't know much about the Pope(s) since I'm not Catholic myself.

Do you believe in saints? Expound. I don't know much about what the saints are if you don't mind explaining it to me

Welcome, Magic Guard!

I'll try explaining sainthood the best as I can:

In Orthodox and Catholic teachings, a saint is basically anyone who has entered heaven. However, there are those who have lived extraordinary lives of virtue, making them worthy of higher honor, emulation and veneration. The process of the Church recognizing these saints is called canonization (Catholic) or glorification (Orthodox). This process usually takes decades to complete, and requires a certain number of miracles attributed to the saint's name.

Most Protestants and other Christian denominations do not believe in the veneration of saints, but recognize everyone who has been born again in Christ as a saint in the making.

It makes me want to cry tears of joy that people would go public with their faith like this. ;-;

Username: Orpheus
Are you Christian?: Yes
Denomination: Church of God

To me Easter is about the day that Jesus concord death, and freed us from the penalty of our sin, which he took upon himself.

It makes me glad too that people are not afraid to show that they love Jesus. Welcome, Orpheus!

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
Years
Username: EXO時代
Are you Christian?: Yes.

What's your reflection on Easter?: Whilst it's in everyday life that you should always remember what Christ our Lord has done for us; This is a day where we should really think and reflect into our daily lives and whether we have stay upright and right next to Christ's preaching. Also, please don't buy rabbits as gift or pets just because it's Easter!

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
Years
I'm not going to join because I'm not a Christian but I used to think I was because I believe in God but once I read more into the Christian Bible...the less of the stuff I believed in. x3

However, I really do feel like I believe in God. I'm not sure which God, really, but I do believe in one. I believe that he's looking out for me, even if people doubt that sometimes. I've been through a bunch of bad luck, most of it's my own fault but things have always turned out okay and I believe that to be all because of God.

So for that, I thank him.

(not sure where else to post this but I wanna post it x3)

The Void

hiiiii
Years
Username: EXO時代
Are you Christian?: Yes.

What's your reflection on Easter?: Whilst it's in everyday life that you should always remember what Christ our Lord has done for us; This is a day where we should really think and reflect into our daily lives and whether we have stay upright and right next to Christ's preaching. Also, please don't buy rabbits as gift or pets just because it's Easter!

Welcome~
I personally don't think there's anything wrong with buying rabbits/gifts/pets for Easter. As long as you keep in mind the true meaning of Easter, then I don't think rabbits will make God angry. Although I like what you said about reflecting on God's work.

I'm not going to join because I'm not a Christian but I used to think I was because I believe in God but once I read more into the Christian Bible...the less of the stuff I believed in. x3

However, I really do feel like I believe in God. I'm not sure which God, really, but I do believe in one. I believe that he's looking out for me, even if people doubt that sometimes. I've been through a bunch of bad luck, most of it's my own fault but things have always turned out okay and I believe that to be all because of God.

So for that, I thank him.

(not sure where else to post this but I wanna post it x3)

Hey Eevee!

Anyone's free to join actually; you don't have to be Chrisian :) But anyway, keep searching your heart and the world for God. It may be unlikely, but you might even end up being a Christian one day. Blaming God isn't the best thing to do, imo. He's probably indirectly responsible for it, but we believe he has a bigger plan for you!

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
Years
Welcome~
I personally don't think there's anything wrong with buying rabbits/gifts/pets for Easter. As long as you keep in mind the true meaning of Easter, then I don't think rabbits will make God angry. Although I like what you said about reflecting on God's work.

It IS wrong in many ways - There are already many unwanted rabbits in the shelters, and mostly rabbits bought during Easter as a gift or pet are almost abandoned when people are bored of it. Of course still, we can't generalise all purchases during Easter as abandonment afterwards, still, what are the chances?

Why not adopt if you'd love rabbits sincerely instead.

The Void

hiiiii
Years
It IS wrong in many ways - There are already many unwanted rabbits in the shelters, and mostly rabbits bought during Easter as a gift or pet are almost abandoned when people are bored of it. Of course still, we can't generalise all purchases during Easter as abandonment afterwards, still, what are the chances?

Why not adopt if you'd love rabbits sincerely instead.

Oh, that's really sad. Where I come from, people usually keep their rabbits as pets.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Username: O'aka XXIII
Are you Christian?: I...maybe? I don't really know. I have like 8 bibles I've never read. I've only read Genesis and Revelations.
Denomination: Agnostic? Maybe?

What do you mean by reflection on Easter? Want to really know what you're asking before I type out 5 pages of stuff haha.

BadPokemon

Child of Christ
Years
Username: O'aka XXIII
Are you Christian?: I...maybe? I don't really know. I have like 8 bibles I've never read. I've only read Genesis and Revelations.
Denomination: Agnostic? Maybe?

What do you mean by reflection on Easter? Want to really know what you're asking before I type out 5 pages of stuff haha.

Do you believe Jesus died on the cross for your sins and rose again 3 days later? Do you hhave faith in God? Do you recognize your sin and ask God to forgive them? Ask these questions to see if you are a true believer in Christ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back