• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokemon Complex Crystal - 100% Complete!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Hello, love this hack so far :]

I was wondering, does this have the physical/special split implemented?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 14, 2017
I downloaded the rom but the app I'm using to run it( My old boy!) won't run it...it says that the file is unrecognizable...can you link me an emulator which will be able to run this rom? I tried some other emulators too...up to no avail.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 9, 2022
I downloaded the rom but the app I'm using to run it( My old boy!) won't run it...it says that the file is unrecognizable...can you link me an emulator which will be able to run this rom? I tried some other emulators too...up to no avail.
The file provided in the post does not contain the rom, it only has the patch file. First extract the rar to get the .ips file. Then obtain a Pokemon Crystal rom (extract to get .gbc). Then find an ips patcher (I think Unipatcher and Rom Patcher are available for android), and use it to patch the Crystal rom with the ips file. Now you can play.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 16, 2022
Awesome, super pumped for this. Just started bronze today can't wait to start a new gen II adventure. I love this forum so much.

ItWasABadDream

Genwunner / born 1989
Years
Someone can confirm that the Battle Style is permanently "Set" and the Battle Animations are permanently set to "Off?"

If so, how can I change this? That is highly disagreeable. Why the hell would you do that?

EDIT :: Nevermind! Apparently some of the codes I had enabled restricted me from changing those 2 options, though I don't know why. Strange, really. I didn't remember Complex Crystal being permanently set like that, so I'm glad I figured it out. THIS HACK IS TOP NOTCH!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 13, 2017
Hello all,

looks like none of the download links currently work :-(
Is there please anyone with the file containing the changes and pokemon locations?

I would be extremely happy!

D.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 13, 2017
Can someone please upload the changes document in a download service that isn't full of malware and corruption? (Google drive, dropbox)

Maybe even the patch .IPS file?

I'd like to be able to download it without blowing up my damn computer.

ItWasABadDream

Genwunner / born 1989
Years
I really like this hack and I would like this thread to stay alive, so I'm going to be of as much help here as possible. I will post a link where you can download the original .rar file containing the patch for Complex Crystal since the link in the OP has broken now. I will also post links to the individual documents containing the changes made to Complex Crystal. I thoroughly enjoyed playing this game and I know other people will as well, so that's my reason for posting these links. Please note that I deserve no credit for Complex Crystal. I did not develop it; the OP did.

Before I get to the links for the patch and documents, I would like to reiterate the solution some people are having to the Basement Key problem. This is from my old post on the previous page:
Basement Key dilemma + solution: I ran into this, too. The Basement Key does not appear in your Key Items pocket like it does in the original Crystal game. Instead, it appears in your regular items pocket. If I recall correctly, you have to have space available in your regular items pocket to receive it. If you don't have the space available, the director will not attempt to give you the Basement Key again. If you find yourself stuck at this point in the game, you can use this Gameshark code to buy the Basement Key from the PokéMart for free (although the price listed will be $300, you pay nothing): 0185F1D0 will modify the first item @ the PokéMart to be the Basement Key.

Pokemon Complex Crystal beta 1.33 (fully playable) Download Link
The .rar file also contains the documents that show which changes have been made to the game​

For some reason I'm having trouble with the attachment links at the very bottom. If you are too, you can use these links to download the 3 files directly from Dropbox:
  1. Gym Leaders & Elite Four Members.docx
  2. New Locations, Legendaries, & General Changes.docx
  3. Pokemon Crystal Codes.PDF (also work for Complex Crystal)
^^ Cheers, everyone and enjoy the game! ^^

Attachments

• Pokémon Crystal Codes PDF.pdf
    53.5 KB · Views: 24
  • Gym Leaders & Elite Four Members.docx
    216.1 KB · Views: 16
  • New Locations, Legendaries & General Changes.docx
    260.5 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

ItWasABadDream

Genwunner / born 1989
Years
@Blue question about this hack did you include Celebi that normally won't obtained!?

You can obtain Celebi 3 ways:
  1. On Route 22 at lvl. 35
  2. Using the Gameshark code (01C089DA) to have Kurt give you the GS Ball so you can take it to the Ilex Forest shrine and encounter Celebi the official event way (this is pretty cool)
  3. Using the Gameshark code (01FB04D2) to make Celebi appear as a wild Pokemon

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 13, 2017
Well.. This should not be consider a hack omg.

It's a mod for the original game with a bunch of polishing changes without bringing in too much from the future games. Stuff like Polished Crystal I think bring too much from newer gens into gen II. This hack now that i look at the changes docs seems to be a very nice polish to the original game without changing too much.

ItWasABadDream

Genwunner / born 1989
Years
It's a mod for the original game with a bunch of polishing changes without bringing in too much from the future games. Stuff like Polished Crystal I think bring too much from newer gens into gen II. This hack now that i look at the changes docs seems to be a very nice polish to the original game without changing too much.

Agreed. This hack is the Crystal version done just right. Perfect level of difficulty. All of regular Crystal was too easy.

Back