• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Your Favorite Gen III Pokémon?

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
Your Favorite Gen III Pok?mon?

Title says all. Which Pok?mon introduced in Ruby and Sapphire are your favorites? Have a least favorite?

For my most favorite, I can't really decide. This generation had so many good Pok?mon...but Kirlia, Metang, Salamence, Lunatone, Dusclops, Tropius, and some more Pok?mon take the cake.

As for my least favorite...Wurmple, Silcoon, and Cascoon. Oh, look, weird bugs. What's that? It evolves based on its personality value, into one of two Pok?mon that are almost exactly the same? Even though Beautifly has helped me sometimes, I can't help but dislike its pre-evos.

Also Nincada. That thing is a PAIN to train.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I love Salamence. He's got such an awesome design for a dragon type.

Least favorite? Probably Spinda. Never had any interest in it.

Years
There was some really cool Pokemon introduced in Gen 3, but my favourite is undoubtedly Absol, I love its design and the lore surrounding it and it was actually my favourite Pokemon overall for quite some time :3

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
I wonder if it might be Aggron? I'd never used it or even thought about it for the longest time, but I gave it a chance in my AlphaSapphire playthrough and it turned out super awesome. Plus it has a sweet Mega Evolution. I also find Lotad and Seedot very cute ^u^

Least favorite... maybe Gulpin/Swalot. I'm not really a fan of the any of the amorphous poison Pok?mon...

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Milotic by far. :3

It's also my favourite Pokemon in general, so, its really no contest! But pokemon like Delcatty, Gardevoir, and Altaria are really close seconds in their own right too. <33 I don't really have a least favourite per se, maybe some pokemon who weren't as memorable for me like Slugma, or Slakoth?

kitarei

☕ milk tea & 💻 code.
Years
Favorites:
Spr_3r_255.png
Spr_3r_357.png
Spr_3r_282.png

Least:
Spr_3r_359.png
Spr_3r_289.png

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
Mudkip ofc. Hoenn had lots of good pokemon though. Shame I can't change my name back to MUDKIP!!! yet :/

Years
Gardevoir is my favorite hoenn pokemon and also my 2nd favorite pokemon.

I love its lady like appearance and mega gardevoir kills online. Although the mega stone is not in XY :(

Years
  • Age 28
  • Online now
Screw it, I'm bringing my Gen 3 Pokemon ranking here.

S Rank (Absolute favourite):
Spoiler:

A Rank (Love):
Spoiler:

B Rank (Really like):
Spoiler:

C Rank (Like):
Spoiler:

D Rank (Meh):
Spoiler:

E Rank (Dislike):
Spoiler:

F Rank (Hate):
Spoiler:

Remember, this is based on my favoritism.

Last edited:

SirBoglor

[b][I][FONT=Satisfy]It's over, isn't it?[/FONT][/I
Years
Among my favorites are Gardevoir, Milotic, all three starters (but especially Treeko), Flygon, Seedot line, and Breloom. But I honestly don't dislike any of them except maybe Huntail. Never cared for the thing.

As a matter of fact, writing this made me realize just how good the gen three lineup was.

Years
Am I the only one that really likes Huntail? I have weird tastes.

I used to like Breloom in 2D GBA style, but it looks HORRENDOUS in 3D (Colosseum/XD). I was so let down cause it was one of my favs.

Then there's Manetric...MAJESTIC in both 2D AND 3D! Beautiful.

Others I really like are the Ralts evo line, the Treecko evo line, and the legendary weather trio.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
Years
My favourites are all three final stage starters, Sableye, Absol, Salamence, Flygon, Delcatty and Rayquaza.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 27, 2024
Gen 3 was by far my favorite generation (I started with one and two but 3 is still my all time favorite anyway.)

My favorite overall is Kyogre but since its a legendary I will state my close second favorite overall (by overall I mean over all gens not just gen 3) is mudkip ^^.

My least favorites were lombre and slaking. Lombre was simply ugly and deformed looking to me. Slaking was not ugly but his ability was very frustrating XD

ToWriteLove

On Her Arms
Years
My two favorite Hoenn Pokemon are probably Mawile and Relicanth. Honestly wasn't necessarily interested in Mawile until she gained her Fairy typing and mega evolution, then she became one of my favorite Pokemon. ^^

Absolitetion

Deemed to be a demon, but an angel inside.
Years
Mightyena - love how intimidating he looks. Comes close to wolves, though just more a hyena.

Absol - my favourite Pokémon overall. I love it's design, and find his PokéDex entires among the most interesting. Material for my fantasies.
It's Mega Absol is also fabulous and a great contrast from looking demon-like to an angel, as if it's been absolved. Shame it didn't get part Fairy-type.

Latias/Latios - my favorite Legendary duo. Someone should give a plane a colour scheme of the two (Latias left side, Latios right side).
Groudon - such a wicked-looking Pokémon. Gotta love Dragon/dinosaur-like Pokémon.
Rayquaza - my personal favorite Legendary. Was at first mixed on its Mega, but I loved it after seeing it look like a train. Not that I have an love for trains...
Jirachi - cutest Mythical Pokémon out there to me.

Back