• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Type discussion (taking it apart for the heck of it ;D)

M.E.R.255

Merry of all traits ;P
Years
The comment right here https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9622576&postcount=2 on my topic of what types that could possibly added, lead me to say "Welp! Good point! Why don't we discuss the types instead? :D"

So, what are your opinions on types anyways? Do you think some need changing? Be removed? Changed in weakness/strength? Or should types even exist?

Some may say that adding types would be a way to add more variety or creativity to something that already makes little sense, others say it only confuses the player and are completely unnecessary. Well, while we're on that topic, I could go a little over a few types that bring up a few questions to my head. =O Pokémon isn't really supposed to be taken that seriously, I mean, Gastly can lay eggs, hello? XD But for this bit, I'll pretend that the game was handed to me and I'm supposed to judge it for its type choices. ;)

Pokémon wouldn't be Pokémon without having creatures that use elements like electricity and water. But... I gotta say, that when you really get into thinking about it and try to apply logic, you'll end up getting more upset than anything. *sweat*

If you don't like Pokémon types to be discussed or put down, even if a lot of it is just for the purpose of joking about something we all love, then turn away from the topic. ^^
Become a Flying-type and take flight and escape! *me trying to be silly*
In fact, I'll put my opinions in a spoiler tag, so it's your choice to open its content. >=D *evil laugh*

For the rest of us... put on those nerd goggles, bring up a chair for your Waifu, use Secret Power to see what is inside the spoiler, and let's Dive into this topic! ;D *omg do I suck at being silly*

Spoiler:

Welp! That was a mouthful! What are your thoughts? =D
Again, I've played Pokémon since Pokémon Blue on the Game Boy, so don't think I'm trying to put down a franchise. *sweat* It's just really fun for some of us to just point out how ridiculous this fun franchise can be, or that when really thinking about it, some wonder why we haven't questioned these things before? XD Please don't get offended and misunderstand this topic's intend. ^^

PS: The reason it's not called Pokemon discussion, is because it would be too general and include Pokédex entries, height, weight, evolution line, EVs, movesets, NPCs, teams... Well, everything. XD

Back