• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Pokemon Retyped Red

Still considering the sixth Ice type! Suggestions open!

• Gengar (Ghost/Ice)

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Seadra (Ice/Dragon)

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • None. Articuno is fine for monotype

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Suggestion? Leave a comment!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
The version I'm currently building has already brought the fully evolved starters' BSTs to 496 each. Wigglytuff has a special stat of 85, the fairy typing, and the exclusive move Boomburst. As for the Nidos, their stats have been boosted to 440, with 85 special and modern attack stats. In addition, they have expanded level up movepools, and Nidoking is now a rock type. I'm currently playtesting, so hopefully I'll get the updated version out by next month!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
Updated to 2.0

The current build has a "gender" selector (no explicit pronouns), new moves, a few retyping, boosted base stat totals, a few updated teams, new starting items, and a sort-of side narrative strewn through dialogue before a few battles. See the main post for the patches and a link to the updated build on Github.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
Version 2.1 of Retyped Red has been released, and it's a small change. However, I have decided to leave the game as it is. I hope those of you who play it enjoy it. Feel free to continue to leave ideas or criticism in the thread, as I'll still read the comments. Have fun!

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
The red patch acts like nothing happened, and the blue patch straight up doesn't work, I don't even know what I did wrong

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
And you used Luna Flips on an unmodified US/UK version of Pokemon Red or Pokemon Blue?

EDIT: I've remade and tested the patches. The ones linked currently should work.

I've noticed this has happened a few times. I'll continue to fix the attachments for the foreseeable future, but will say the assembly is more consistent in general.

Last edited:
Back