• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Release] Pokemon Entropy [Engine Demo, no plot] [Recruiting everything but scripters]

Years
Pokemon Entropy Engine Beta 0.5.3 is out!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B15YP5WdvCmzcFc4Sm43SjJHZzg

Known bugs:
1.) Free-For-All Battles can be ended before you defeat the opponent standing next to you, if you defeat the other two opponents. In this manner, they're essentially Multi Battles where your ally hurts you, too.
2.) Walking Pokemon turn invisible when transferring between maps. For this reason, I have disabled the event that turns Following Pokemon on.

Anyone who downloads the demo should read this:
Every Pokemon has an animated sprite for both the front and the back. Some of the backsprites' animations are weird, akin to the female character's animation. If you run into a sprite with this issue, tell me the Pokemon (National Dex number would be better than name), as well as the form and the Pokemonority (normal, Shiny, Delta, Albino)

Changelog (0.5.3) :
1.) More Multitype Moves - like, a lot more existing moves have been given a secondary type.
2.) A few slightly altered Delta typings
3.) More moves added, to enable Delta Pokemon more STAB in their level-up moves.
4.) In-battle databox status visibility for confusion, Curse, and Heal Block
5.) Moves you cannot use - due to Taunt, Encore, etc. - now have red text in the Fight menu to allow players to know which move they can use.
6.) A small bugfix in Mix-and-Mega Mode.
7.) Delta Chansey line given a new HA.
8.) The first Shiny Delta sprite set is now in the game files.
9.) The existing Extreme Randomizer has been renamed the Randomizer+, and a new Extreme Randomizer feature has been added, during which Pokemon's level-up moves are completely randomized, and their abilities, TM compatibilities, and Move Tutor moves are run through a function to seem random. The two Randomizer sub-challenges can be stacked.
10.) Battles with Gen I mechanics now have critical hits working the way they did in Gen I. Watch out for Persian!
11.) Enter the Deltaverse! A new Challenge Mode where Pokemon default to their Delta types, abilities, and learnsets, and Delta Pokemon have the official sets. Can you handle a universe where everything is flipped upside down? (This can be stacked with Purity Mode to prevent normal Pokemon from appearing.)
12.) A new Eeveeloution, Scaleon the Dragon type, is added to the game. If Eevee levels up knowing a Dragon type move, it'll evolve into Scaleon. TM02 has been made compatible with Eevee to help.
13.) Micreonite and Scaleonite work.
14.) All derivatives of Eeveeite now work in Mix-and-Mega Mode. Wingardeonite even gives the proper ability even though Wingardeon hasn't been finalized yet.
15.) In Purity Mode, the game now marks on the Summary screen which Pokemon would become Delta Pokemon if Purity Mode were to be turned off. (This is in case I get online battles working - Purity Mode will only work if both players have it active, and I don't want players being caught off guard if their Pokemon suddenly change sprites/types.)
16.) All Pokemon now have sprites consistent with the artstyle. (Yes, the fake Eeveeloutions have sprites that are merely recolored canon Eeveeloutions, there's a lore reason for this).
17.) All battleable entities have cries. Prior versions lacked cries for Gen VI Pokemon and my fakemon.

EDIT: Fixed the permissions on the download link.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2017
Hello. if I want to use some features of entropy, I have to used entropy engine, right?
I want to use Delta Pokemon and Challenge Modes (as Nuzlocke, Randomized (Extreme Randomizer) and PP Challenge) but I do not know how because no specific class. I can not switch my whole game into entropy, it is too hard.
Please answer me whatever. Thanks and sorry for my bad english

Last edited:
Years
Pokemon Entropy engine beta 0.6.0 is out!

[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Known bugs:
Spoiler:
[/font]

Anyone who downloads the demo should read this spoiler:
Spoiler:

[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Changelog (0.6.0):[/font]
[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]
Spoiler:

Future Features (0.6.2):
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 13, 2018
This is the closest I can get to giving the Pokemon unique movesets without going through and writing a new moveset for every single Pokemon, including those that have different learnsets for their alternate forms in the Multiple Forms script (something I actually did do for Victini and Jirachi). Even going through and changing old moves that give new STAB to new moves that don't give STAB would require writing an entirely new subroutine, and the one I have now that changes moves is over 4,000 lines of code long.

Assuming there is a template for creating movesets to work with your code, lets say if someone (I.E. me) was willing to take a crack at creating a learnset for every single delta pokemon, including alternate forms, (assuming the google doc's delta type list is up-to-date), would you be willing to allow that?

Years
Assuming there is a template for creating movesets to work with your code, lets say if someone (I.E. me) was willing to take a crack at creating a learnset for every single delta pokemon, including alternate forms, (assuming the google doc's delta type list is up-to-date), would you be willing to allow that?

There is a template for changing movesets, but it does so as the moveset is being generated. When the game asks for the moveset of a Delta Pokemon, it goes through the moveset as each move comes up. "Is it a STAB move for the normal or becomes STAB in Multitype Moves Mode? Yes, okay. Let's see if there's a similar move that's STAB for the Delta." If you want to take a crack at writing about 800 movesets, go ahead.

However, you might want to hold off until the next update to do any work. I'm working on a subroutine to remove most "meta weaknesses" from Deltas' learnsets. I've taken all the weaknesses of the Deltas, and figured out what THOSE are weak to. If there were any significant overlaps, I'm working to make sure the original Delta doesn't learn any attacking moves of the types.

For example, Delta Celebi is Bug/Fairy. There are five types of moves that hit that combination for super effective damage. Now imagine five single-typed Pokemon, one for each of those types. Ground type moves hit four of those Pokemon for super effective damage. If Delta Celebi knew a Ground type move, it would be unstoppable by anything not faster than it (or anything not slower than it if Trick Room is up).

Years
Pokemon Entropy engine beta 0.6.2 is out!

Known bugs:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Changelog (0.6.2):
Spoiler:

Years
Pokemon Entropy version 0.7.2 is out! Happy Thanksgiving!

Known bugs:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Changelog (0.7.2):
Spoiler:

Years
Pokemon Entropy Engine Beta 0.7.3 is out!

Spoiler:

Changelog (0.7.3):
Spoiler:

Years
Pokemon Entropy Engine Beta v0.7.4 is out!

Changelog (0.7.4):
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 24, 2018
Hey! I think this is the most amazing game I've ever seen, I think heaven doesn't have as many features. When have you planned release a demo with plot?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 24, 2018
Well, neither of us is dead, so we don't know for sure that heaven has fewer features.

Optimistic answer? Soon.

Realistic answer? When I can get a mapmaker so I have something to put the plot ON.

Okay, thank you for the fast feedback :D! I'll be hoping you get a mapmaker.

Years
Pokemon Entropy Engine Beta 0.7.4 is out!

Changelog (0.7.5):
Spoiler:

With the reveal of Sun and Moon, many questions arise for the future of Entropy. I will attempt to answer them:

1.) Magearna will be added to the game once we know more about her/it.

2.) Likely, no other Gen VII Pokemon will be added. This has to do with the fact that I'd need to make Delta typings for each one. If I really really like a Gen VII Pokemon, I may add it anyway.

3.) Any new abilities introduced in Gen VII will be added if I can code them. If no Pokemon that gets the ability is in the game, I may either give it to a Delta or just leave it as exRandomizer-exclusive.

4.) Any new moves introduced in Gen VII will be added if I can code them.

5.) Any new mechanics introduced in Gen VII may or not be added depending on how game-changing they are.

Years
A few days ago on the Pokemon Reborn forums, I posted this status update:
"A simultaneous, three-beam attack." What if Tri-Attack actually worked the way it says it does?

This wasn't idle speculation, it was a tease.

Introducing Awkward Multitype Moves

The average Multitype Move works by multiplying the two (or three) type effectiveness modifiers by each other and using that as the type effectiveness modifier in the standard damage calculation formula.

Awkward Multitype Moves, on the other hand, are actually three, single-type attacks that happen to hit at exactly the same time. Damage is calculated using the standard damage calculation formula without type effectiveness modifiers. Then the result is broken up into three equal pieces, and each piece is given its own type effectiveness modifier before the three are added back together.

This means that Tri-Attack, for example, being part Fire type, will trigger abilities like Flash Fire, and the target will be immune to that third of the attack - but the other two thirds will still meet their mark. The other AMM will be able to trigger abilities like Sap Sipper or Storm Drain, but the other two attacks will hit before the target can regain health.

How can you tell the difference between an AMM and a normal Multitype Move? Simple...

https://youtu.be/-F48em6x9pc

Astute viewers will notice another new feature.

Years
The link that you posted is broken :(

Updated. Apparently you guys were stuck on v0.7.5, when I'd deleted that when v0.7.6 came out. Oops.

Pokemon Entropy Engine Beta 0.7.7 is out!
Changelog (0.7.7):
Spoiler:

Back