• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Any shinies yet?

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
Years
On my quest to catch a pichu in the beginning of the game that first pichu was so rare that I actually found a shiny pikipek before I found one pichu lol. Anyone else find a shiny yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

DigiornosPizza

I name Pokemon after pizza ingredients.
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jan 17, 2017
im trying to get myself a shiny rowlet.
currently on hour 3 of soft resetting...

Cozzie

Pokemon Fanatic
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 23, 2016
haven't really gone for shinies yet but probs after i finish the game i will haha

Years
  • Seen Nov 30, 2016
just received my first wonder trade shiny (mimikyuu lvl 42). Does anyone know how I can check if it's hacked or legit?

Rain

Years
I received a hacked shiny litten over wonder trade. I've kept it for breeding later on.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 26, 2023
I MM'd for a shiny Bounsweet and just got mine on my 7th egg hatch! I named her La'hiku, short for "Lucky Seven" in Hawaiian. (✿◠‿◠)

Florges

The Garden Pokémon
Years
No shinies here yet. I don't give it a lot of attention during the actual game. Now that I'm in post game I may try.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 24, 2016
I found a shiny Diglett and ran without thinking about it. I wish i would have caught it. At least it wasnt a shiny that i really liked. xD

blue

gucci
Years
None as of yet. I have a feeling it will be a good while before I encounter my first legit shiny. I know the rate is something like 1 in 4,000 but eh, I'm not really seeking them out just yet anyways.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
On my quest to catch a pichu in the beginning of the game that first pichu was so rare that I actually found a shiny pikipek before I found one pichu lol. Anyone else find a shiny yet.

I personally haven't had any yet but my brother found a shiny Trumbeak before I had even opened the game...

One of my friends has also bred like 5 shinies already. Sandygast, all 3 starters, Dhelmise, etc. It seems to be higher this generation?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
A good friend of mine caught a Shiny Cutiefly under 100 times. Shiny chaining is a lot easier this generation compared to the previous.

Years
I personally haven't had any yet but my brother found a shiny Trumbeak before I had even opened the game...

One of my friends has also bred like 5 shinies already. Sandygast, all 3 starters, Dhelmise, etc. It seems to be higher this generation?

I think I heard the shiny rate in this game was lowered to like, 1 in 4000. I've only had my copy of Moon for four days now and I now have my first shiny, which was my aforementioned Yungoos (now a Gumshoos).

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 17, 2023
I think I heard the shiny rate in this game was lowered to like, 1 in 4000. I've only had my copy of Moon for four days now and I now have my first shiny, which was my aforementioned Yungoos (now a Gumshoos).

I believe it's been 1 in 4,096 since X/Y, which is half of what it was before then (1 in 8,192). Speaking of "1 in 4,000" though, there's an NPC in Sun/Moon that literally says the odds of finding a shiny are about 1 in 4,000.

I haven't encountered any shiny Pokemon yet, though.

Back