The PokéCommunity Forums The PokéCommunity Archives Fan Clubs & Groups
Critical Hit! ~ The Fire Emblem *Universe* Club

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old July 15th, 2015 (3:36 PM).
Vampire Waifu

Nature: Quirky
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RedJ View Post
    It was intentional. The armor is included, but it's awkwardly hanging on the wing thing on the statue and can't be attached.
    Ah, I didn't notice the armor hanging on that winged wall. I was mostly focused on her and the ground.

Relevant Advertising!

Old July 16th, 2015 (12:30 AM).
    Mega Houndoom, baby!

Nature: Lonely
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post
      I've noticed that Cordelia's not wearing her chest armor in this figure. Did they forgot to include that, or was that intentional?
      It comes with the piece, it's hanging by the wing.

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire, the day Pokémon pulled a Dallas and jumped the shark.
      Old July 29th, 2015 (8:26 AM).
      Nyeh?

Nature: Hasty
      Username: PlatinumDude
      What's your preferred class?: (eg lord, fighter, mage, etc): Tactician
      Who is your favorite character?:
      (broken down, all from Awakening; it was hard to pinpoint a single favorite):
      -Male 1st gen: Henry
      -Female 1st gen: Cordelia
      -Male 2nd gen: Owain
      -Female 2nd gen: Lucina

Decided to join this club since I got Awakening a month ago. I'm halfway through the story. But I can't decide what to do with Olivia. I made her into a Dark Flier and levelled her up until she got Galeforce. I'm deciding between these 3 scenarios:
      -Make Olivia into a Myrmidon so she can gain Vantage (given her frailty, it's kinda easy for her to get knocked into 50% HP)
      -Reclass Olivia straight into Assassin or Swordmaster for Astra or Lethality
      --Deciding between Swordmaster, Assassin, or both for the skills; which is better?

Old August 9th, 2015 (10:55 AM).
      Vampire Waifu

Here's something interesting: Smash Bros. creator, Sakurai, talks a bit about the extra features from Fire Emblem Fates such as the amie feature and the players who were complaining about it: http://nintendoeverything.com/sakurai-talks-about-players-who-are-bothered-by-extra-features-in-games/

Knowing his current reputation from the Smash Bros. fanbase, I doubt they'll ever listen to his thoughts on Fates.
        Old August 9th, 2015 (11:12 AM).

Eh, people tend to not listen to people who have a differing viewpoint anyway. People can rattata and moan all they want but it ain't gonna do muk in the end.
        Old August 9th, 2015 (4:34 PM).

Nature: Quiet
          And despite all that complaining Fates has sold more than Awakening, which is all IS cares about. Some day people will learn to not buy the game (or at least not new or digital) if they have an issue with the game itself.

But anyway, uh. How about those older FE games? I need to force myself to finish Blazing Sword at some point. Maybe I'll go work on that now.
          Old August 9th, 2015 (5:50 PM).
          Vampire Waifu

Quote:
            And despite all that complaining Fates has sold more than Awakening, which is all IS cares about. Some day people will learn to not buy the game (or at least not new or digital) if they have an issue with the game itself.
            You must be really passionate to prevent the franchise from expanding to a wider audience and have only appeal to people like you?

Quote:
            But anyway, uh. How about those older FE games? I need to force myself to finish Blazing Sword at some point. Maybe I'll go work on that now.
            I still haven't finished Path of Radiance yet, and the disc reader from my Wii is broken, preventing me from playing it again until it somehow becomes available on the Virtual Console.
            Old August 9th, 2015 (6:47 PM).
            Sir Zangoose

Nature: Calm
            I've been replaying a bit of Sacred Stones, which I actually really like unlike most people. I'm gonna see if I can't beat Ephraim's path, I've only beaten the game on the Eirika path before. It's not gonna be easy though since pretty much all my characters are so defense-screwed it's not even funny. For example, Artur is at like Level 11 right now and has a defense stat of 2, I would've benched him if it weren't for the fact that the Monk class is one of the best classes in the game in my opinion.
            Old August 9th, 2015 (11:47 PM).

Nature: Bashful
            Quote:
            And despite all that complaining Fates has sold more than Awakening, which is all IS cares about.
            Just to add on to this for more clarification. Fates had a better opening week sales than Awakening and is still charting on the Top 20 in Japan. Although, it should fall off the chart either this week or next week unless it keeps on at a steady rate of 10,000 copies sold per week. Lifetime sales is obviously still lower.

Quote:
            Originally Posted by striderviper View Post
            I've been replaying a bit of Sacred Stones, which I actually really like unlike most people. I'm gonna see if I can't beat Ephraim's path, I've only beaten the game on the Eirika path before. It's not gonna be easy though since pretty much all my characters are so defense-screwed it's not even funny. For example, Artur is at like Level 11 right now and has a defense stat of 2, I would've benched him if it weren't for the fact that the Monk class is one of the best classes in the game in my opinion.
            Sacred Stones is really, really easy. I wouldn't worry over the fact that the RNG gods decide to rain on your parade. If all of your characters somehow got royally screwed, which is pretty unlikely, you should still have Seth who is more than ready to solo the game.
            Old August 10th, 2015 (12:31 AM).

Location: Right in front of you, you don't see me? Here on the computer screen
              For those interested:
              Shouzo Kaga, the creator of the Fire Emblem series, has launched the first preview of his new game: Vestaria saga, made using the SRPG Studio engine and 15 volunteers, it will be a free game that finds it's roots in the Tear Ring Saga games and Fire Emblem Genealogy of the Holy War and Thracia 776, thanks to the amount of community support it will most likely be translated more easily than usual with fan translations of older FE games.
              Here's the link to the video, it shows parts of the first 3 chapters:
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttl9N87lAwk
              Old August 10th, 2015 (10:27 AM).

Quote:
              Originally Posted by saifors View Post
              For those interested:
              Shouzo Kaga, the creator of the Fire Emblem series, has launched the first preview of his new game: Vestaria saga, made using the SRPG Studio engine and 15 volunteers, it will be a free game that finds it's roots in the Tear Ring Saga games and Fire Emblem Genealogy of the Holy War and Thracia 776, thanks to the amount of community support it will most likely be translated more easily than usual with fan translations of older FE games.
              Here's the link to the video, it shows parts of the first 3 chapters:
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttl9N87lAwk

The description also says that they aren't sure if the game will be finished, so make what you will of that.

But, on to my personal analysis! First and foremost, I'm going to start with flaws since there are very little of them. UI is choppy, jesus, it's not smooth in the slightest. I don't know it just seems stiff whenever you move the cursor, heck, I think FE1 had a better cursor speed. Granted, the slow UI and such are probably because of SRPG Studio itself, but it's still unnerving to see. View of the maps seems a little bit too far for my taste, but other people might enjoy it. Animations do need some work, but the game is only 10% complete, so I'll let that slide.

On to the good! Map design is good so far! I really like Chapter 3's composition. A lot of different chokepoints and a heavy amount of incentive to make it to the villages on the other side of the map. Though, I'm not a fan of having a random gate leading up to the hill, lol. Levels seem to be a lot higher than a regular FE, Not!Navarre joins at Level 5 in Chapter 2, plus you have two units at the beginning of the game at Level 6 and Level 7. So, no traditional Jeigan/Oifay it seems like, but to compensate for that you get two higher level units. SOLDIERS, HOLY CRAP. SOLDIERS. Music is very catchy and just great overall. Except, the music might be SRPG Studio's premade ones, still doesn't detract from the fact that they're cool. Also, I swear I saw TearRing Saga portraits, the unused ones at least. If that's the case, pretty cool that Kaga found a use for them. To comment more on the art, this is full on 90's style, Kaga must really loves the 90's. I've read that some older calculations are making it back, so better stack up some luck if you don't want to get critted. Overall, this game looks like a Fire Emblem through and through.

Also, the brother name is Zechs. Uhh... I guess I'll make Gundam jokes about him.
              Old August 10th, 2015 (1:38 PM).

Location: Right in front of you, you don't see me? Here on the computer screen
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Arc View Post

The description also says that they aren't sure if the game will be finished, so make what you will of that.

But, on to my personal analysis! First and foremost, I'm going to start with flaws since there are very little of them. UI is choppy, jesus, it's not smooth in the slightest. I don't know it just seems stiff whenever you move the cursor, heck, I think FE1 had a better cursor speed. Granted, the slow UI and such are probably because of SRPG Studio itself, but it's still unnerving to see. View of the maps seems a little bit too far for my taste, but other people might enjoy it. Animations do need some work, but the game is only 10% complete, so I'll let that slide.

On to the good! Map design is good so far! I really like Chapter 3's composition. A lot of different chokepoints and a heavy amount of incentive to make it to the villages on the other side of the map. Though, I'm not a fan of having a random gate leading up to the hill, lol. Levels seem to be a lot higher than a regular FE, Not!Navarre joins at Level 5 in Chapter 2, plus you have two units at the beginning of the game at Level 6 and Level 7. So, no traditional Jeigan/Oifay it seems like, but to compensate for that you get two higher level units. SOLDIERS, HOLY CRAP. SOLDIERS. Music is very catchy and just great overall. Except, the music might be SRPG Studio's premade ones, still doesn't detract from the fact that they're cool. Also, I swear I saw TearRing Saga portraits, the unused ones at least. If that's the case, pretty cool that Kaga found a use for them. To comment more on the art, this is full on 90's style, Kaga must really loves the 90's. I've read that some older calculations are making it back, so better stack up some luck if you don't want to get critted. Overall, this game looks like a Fire Emblem through and through.

Also, the brother name is Zechs. Uhh... I guess I'll make Gundam jokes about him.
                The choppiness is definitely noticeable, although I'm not sure if it's the recording program they used which records it at a low fps as the battle sprites feel like they're not animated as smoothly as the should be, granted it could be them using the standard/default sprites that come with the engine, considering they're only 10% done most sprites are probably placeholders.
                On the subject of levels, it depends on from game to game, coincidentally I'm currently playing through FE12 and Marth starts of at level 6 in that game, to give an example. Hopefully the levelling curve of the enemies will be right, don't want another case of Sacred Stones where every enemy is just plain outclassed by your units.
                Also yes playable soldiers, why is this only a thing in FE9 and 10, considering every FE ROM hack in existence has them you'd think they'd get the hint of how popular they are.
                Yup, those are TRS beta portraits that didn't get into that game (some might also be from berwick saga).
                Also crit multiplier is 2 instead of 3, which I really like as the 3x multiplier tends to help the enemy in my experience.
                Old August 10th, 2015 (2:22 PM).

Quote:
                Originally Posted by saifors View Post
                The choppiness is definitely noticeable, although I'm not sure if it's the recording program they used which records it at a low fps as the battle sprites feel like they're not animated as smoothly as the should be, granted it could be them using the standard/default sprites that come with the engine, considering they're only 10% done most sprites are probably placeholders.
                Yeah, I originally thought it was the recording software too. But, the animations with units moving on the map seemed relatively smooth. So, I'm inclined to believe that the choppiness is from SRPG Studio itself.
                Quote:
                On the subject of levels, it depends on from game to game, coincidentally I'm currently playing through FE12 and Marth starts of at level 6 in that game, to give an example. Hopefully the levelling curve of the enemies will be right, don't want another case of Sacred Stones where every enemy is just plain outclassed by your units.
                Well, with FE12, Marth is absent for like seven (bite sized) maps until the actual game begins. So, him being Level 6 is actually fitting, if compared to the levels of your other units at the time.
                Quote:
                Also yes playable soldiers, why is this only a thing in FE9 and 10, considering every FE ROM hack in existence has them you'd think they'd get the hint of how popular they are.
                At least Fates has playable Lancers, which are essentially Soldiers. So, I'd at least hope IS are aware of the class' popularity.
                Quote:
                Also crit multiplier is 2 instead of 3, which I really like as the 3x multiplier tends to help the enemy in my experience.
                Oh, that's a nice change. Less incentive to use Killing weapons, but that's alright.
                Old August 23rd, 2015 (11:55 AM).
                Vampire Waifu

Someone was able to hack into Fire Emblem Fates and got most of the units head swapping with Camillia's body:

Spoiler:
                  Old August 26th, 2015 (10:43 AM).

So I was thinking of doing another run of Awakening soon, but since this'll be like.....the 5th time, I feel like I should do something a little different to make it a bit more interesting. Was planning on using a few units I've never really used before like Maribelle and Gaius, but what else should I do?
                  Old August 26th, 2015 (4:46 PM).

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Nah View Post
                  So I was thinking of doing another run of Awakening soon, but since this'll be like.....the 5th time, I feel like I should do something a little different to make it a bit more interesting. Was planning on using a few units I've never really used before like Maribelle and Gaius, but what else should I do?
                  Iron Man (optional). Lunatic. No Pair-Up. Together.

Will it make the playthrough more interesting? You betcha. Will it be worth it? Probably not.

Quick Reply