• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Random Pokemon Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Update:

Named myself Butter! Got my Bulbasaur as starter and named him Turn-Up (it's a pun for turnip :P). Proceeded to defeat my rival, Yogurt, in the first encounter (had to use a potion though) and also in the second encounter on Route 22.

Went through Viridian Forest and defeated Brock still solo with Turn-Up who evolved into Ivysaur after the battle. Went through the trainers on Route 3 and then went into Mt. Moon where I caught a Zubat and named him DarkKnight ^^ .

As I went through Mt. Moon, training DarkKnight was very frustrating, as he only knew Leech Life and Supersonic. However, things got much easier once he learned Bite.

Made my way to Cerulean where I breezed through Misty thanks mostly to Turn-Up's Vine Whip action. Defeated my rival, the Nugget Bridge, and the trainers afterward and DarkKnight evolved into a Golbat. Got to Bill and received the S.S. Ticket. Made my way down to Route 6 where I caught a level 12 Mankey and named him Hadoken. Got to Vermilion and trained him up using the trainers east of Diglett's Cave.

Next I plan to brave the S.S. Anne and scoop up another victory from my rival, Yogurt.

Current Team:

Turn-Up, Level 25

Moveset:
Tackle
PoisonPowder
Leech Seed
Vine Whip

DarkKnight, Level 23

Moveset:
Leech Life
Supersonic
Bite
Confuse Ray

Hadoken, Level 21

Moveset:
Karate Chop
Leer
Dig
Mega Punch

Arnold

...?
Years
Okay confirmed team is Chansey, Zapdos, Dugtrio, Poliwrath, Butterfree, and Wigglytuff. Will be starting soon. Pretty solid team.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 19, 2021
First Sit Down:

Started with the Bulbasaur, named him LeafBulb. barely got out of the forest with pp left in my damaging moves. After healing up I swept Brock quiet easily. I ended off in Route 3 after catching a Spearow and Jigglypuff. It was actually quiet annoying trying to catch a level 5 Jigglypuff with LEAFBULB since he was already level 18. Only caught Crow for the use of Fly later.

Here's my team so far.

IVYSAUR/LEAFBULB - LV. 18 - Male
Moves

Tackle
Poison Powder
Leech Seed
Vine Whip

:13: JIGGLYPUFF/PUFFBALL LV. 5 - Female

Moves:

Sing
Growl

man....... I can't wait til this thing is level 9 so I won't have to switch in and out. I'm going dread those few levels

SPEAROW/CROW LV. 6 - Male

Moves:

Peck
Growl

KennyKid

scipter
Years
I will try it

Forum Username: KennyKid
Game Version: DarkRising1 (Firered hack)
Number of Pokemon: 6
NFEs: No
Restrictions: A leedseed pokemon, or some pokemon make sleeping please
Previous Progress: No.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 19, 2021
#91 - Cloyster
#76 - Golem
#18 - Pidgeot
#129 - Magikarp
#39 - Jigglypuff
#78 - Rapidash

Here's your team man

Years
Your team is Kingler, Raichu, Jynx, Sandslah, Gengar and Pinsir. Arent you lucky?

Can you do mine? I cant see the images that I got

EDIT:// Guess my team is Golduck Sceptile Pinsir Sandslash Delcatty and Dodrio.
Ill confirm this.

Confirming my team! Just need to check on where I can find Kingler and Pinsir - otherwise I can just hack/randomize them in :D

Since I chose FireRed I cannot get Pinsir unless I trade it in - so I will use randomizer (I will need to use it anyways in order to remove trade evolutions) and I will set pinsir as my starter for one reason only - I know that I could hack it in with AR- But I need to restart my pc everytime I use AR and it would take about forever for wild encounters to get back to normal. So this will be easier.

Last edited:

Arnold

...?
Years
First Update

Did the beginning stuff and then caught Caterpie in Viridian Forest. Named her Cathy.
Grinded Cathy to Level 10 and challenged Brock. Beat him easily with Confusion.
Got through Mt. Moon and hurried to catch Jigglypuff south of Cerulean. Named her Petunia.
Evolved Petunia right away and grinded her to Level 15. I also trained her against leftover trainers.
Defeated Misty with Sing and some Mega Punch spam from Petunia.
Currently in Vermilion City about to catch Diglett.

Current Team:
40.PNG

Petunia the Wigglytuff Lv23
Moves: Mega Punch, Bubblebeam, Sing, and Thunder Wave

12.PNG

Cathy the Butterfree Lv25
Moves: Confusion, Tackle, Supersonic, and Sleep Powder​

Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2014
#2 Update
>I defeated May and my Oddish (Nico) evolved into Gloom.
>After many tries i finally defeated Wattson and got the Dynamo Badge.
>Da Bauss destroyed the Winstrate family.
>Flannery was easy with Azumarill.
>Went all the way back to Petalburg.
>Beating Norman wasn't too hard with Ace in my team so i got the Balance Badge in the first try.
>I got to New Mauville and catched a lvl. 24 voltorb and called him O.
>Got good rod and went back to route 11 to capture a lvl. 30 barboach, named her Lady B.
>Lady B evolved.
>Defeated May and voltorb evolved.
>Now trying to beat Winona.

Current team:

Swellow (Ace) - Male - Adamant
Wing Attack
Steel Wing
Endeavor
Quick Attack

Azumarill (Da Bauss) - Male - Rash
Bubblebeam
Double Edge
Rollout
Surf

Gloom (Nico) - Male - Timid
Absorb
Sleep Powder
Poison Powder
Acid

Electrode (O) - Genderless - Impish
Tackle
Screech
Sonic Boom
Spark

Whiscash (Lady B) - Female - Sassy
Magnitude
Earthquake
Rest
Snore

Years
Update 2:

Finished the S.S. Anne and beat my rival, Yogurt, yet again. Defeated Lt. Surge mainly by using Hadoken's Dig and earned the ThunderBadge. Caught an Oddish for the sole purpose of using Cut. Took Diglett's Cave back to Route 2 and picked up HM05, Flash, from the Aide. Taught it to a Drowsee I caught for the sole purpose of using Flash. On the way towards Rock Tunnel Hadoken evolved into a Primeape, and inside Rock Tunnel Turn-Up evolved into a Venusaur. Made it to Lavender Town and defeated my rival inside the Pokemon Tower.

Made my way to Celadon City and stomped Team Rocket in their base in the Game Corner. Got the Silph Scope. Beat Erika, The Celadon Gym Leader, earning the RainbowBadge by utilizing Hadoken's Dig and DarkKnight's newly learned Wing Attack.

Returned to the Pokemon Tower and put the spirit of Marowak to rest and stopped Team Rocket yet again. Got the Poke Flute from Mr. Fuji and decided to take the Cycling Road to Fuschia City. On my way there I stopped by that one house and received HM02, Fly.Taught it to a Spearow I caught for the sole purpose of using Fly. Once I got to Fuschia I went into the Safari Zone, and after 3 tries I finally remembered the way to the Secret House and obtained HM03, Surf. I also managed to collect the Warden's teeth and returned them to him to earn HM04, Strength.

I proceeded to defeat Koga and earn the SoulBadge. Then I caught a Goldeen and taught it Surf so that I could go to the Power Plant. I did so and managed to catch my 4th official party member, an Electabuzz I named PowerLine. :) To finish up for the day I used the TM that Lt. Surge gave me to teach him ThunderBolt.

Current Team:
Turn-Up the Venusaur, Level 41

Moveset:
Body Slam
PoisonPowder
Mega Drain
Razor Leaf

DarkKnight the Golbat, Level 40

Moveset:
Toxic
Wing Attack
Bite
Confuse Ray

Hadoken the Primeape, Level 41

Moveset:
Karate Chop
Leer
Dig
Double-Edge

PowerLine, the Electabuzz, Level 36

Moveset:
ThunderShock
Leer
Quick Attack
ThunderBolt

Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2014
#3 Update
>Defeated Winona
>Caught a Rhyhorn and named him So Horny, team almost complete :D.
>Defeated May.
>Stopped Team Magma
>Stopped Team Aqua
>So Horny evolved :D
>After A LOT of tries I finally defeated Tate and Liza and got the Mind Badge.
>Defeated team Magma again.
>Got Dive :D
>Used dive to get green shard and traded it for a leaf stone :D
>Used leaf stone to evolve Nico :D
Team Complete!!!! Now lets finish the game

Current Team:
Azumarill (Da Bauss) | Male | Rash
Bubblebeam
Double-Edge
Rollout
Surf

Swellow (Ace) | Male | Adamant
Wing Attack
Steel Wing
Fly
Aerial Ace

Vileplume (Nico) | Male | Timid
Absorb
Sleep Powder
Moonlight
Acid

Electrode (O) | Genderless | Impish
Thunderbolt
Tackle
Sonicboom
Spark

Whiscash (Lady B) | Female | Sassy
Dive
Earthquake
Rest
Snore

Rhydon (So Horny) | Male | Modest
Rock Blast
Horn Drill
Thief
Strength

Years
Update 3:

Went to Saffron City and took on Team Rocket in Silph Co. Picked up another win from my rival, Yogurt. Defeated Team Rocket and received a Master Ball.

Took on the Fighting Gym in Saffron and chose Hitmonchan, naming him Balboa. {:3} Then I defeated Sabrina to earn the MarshBadge.

After that I made it to Cinnabar Island and went straight to the Pokemon Research Lab to have my Dome Fossil resurrected. Went into the Pokemon Mansion and caught myself a Ponyta and named it FireStride. I also found the TM for SolarBeam. After a tedious search throughout the mansion I found the Secret Key that opens the Gym.

Went back to the Research Lab and retrieved my new Kabuto and nicknamed it Reaper. After that I tried my hand at grinding in the Pokemon Mansion so as to train FireStride and Reaper a bit, but found it very VERY frustrating. I will probably grind somewhere else tomorrow and then take on Blaine when I'm ready. :|

Current Team:

Turn-Up the Venusaur, Level 48

Moveset:
Body Slam
Growth
SolarBeam
Razor Leaf

DarkKnight the Golbat, Level 46

Moveset:
Toxic
Wing Attack
Bite
Confuse Ray

Hadoken the Primeape, Level 47

Moveset:
Karate Chop
Leer
Dig
Double-Edge

PowerLine the Electabuzz, Level 47

Moveset:
ThunderPunch
Screech
Quick Attack
ThunderBolt

FireStride the Ponyta, Level 33

Moveset:
Ember
Tail Whip
Stomp
Skull Bash

Reaper the Kabuto, Level 31

Moveset:
Scratch
Harden
Surf

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
Forum Username: Feraligatr13
Game Version: Red
NFEs: No.
Restrictions: Surfing. Flying. No sharing types.
Previous Progress: Idk, and idc. I'll start over.

Years
Forum Username: joshbl56
Game Version: Blaze Black (You can give me any Pokemon up to the 5th generation)
Number of Pokemon: 4
Restrictions: Monotype please (make it random)
Previous Progress: No

@Feraligatr13 Here is your team:

Parasect
Fearow
Vaporeon
Vileplume
Kingler
Raticate

Good luck!

Last edited:
Years
joshbl56 here is your team:

Floatzel, Pelipper, Ludicolo, Whiscash, Walrein and Keldeo or Seismitoad if you don't want to use legendaries.

I ll post my progress once I have full team and once I restart (my save states crashed yesterday after I got off SS Anne - and they refused to work so I couldn't even go from last saved state so I will have to restart)

Years
Update 4:

After a lot of grinding I was fairly satisfied with the levels of FireStride and Reaper. Both evolved at level 40. I took on the Cinnabar Gym using only FireStride and Reaper so that they could catch up a bit more to my other team members. So I managed to defeat Blaine and earn the VolcanoBadge thanks to Reaper taking out his first 3 Pokemon and FireStride gloriously finishing his Arcanine.

The game's level curve has caught up with me for the most part. I know I'll have to do quite a bit of grinding from now on if I want to stay on par, so most of that will probably happen in Victory Road. My team's movesets are going to be seeing some changes in the future as well. Actually I plan to give FireStride Hyper Beam in place of Take Down. I like Stomp better than Take Down because of the flinch that seems to pop up pretty frequently for me.

Next time I'll be taking on Viridian's Gym.

Current Team:

Turn-Up the Venusaur, Level 48

Moveset:
Body Slam
Growth
SolarBeam
Razor Leaf

DarkKnight the Golbat, Level 46

Moveset:
Toxic
Wing Attack
Bite
Confuse Ray

Hadoken the Primeape, Level 47

Moveset:
Karate Chop
Leer
Dig
Double-Edge

PowerLine the Electabuzz, Level 47

Moveset:
ThunderPunch
Screech
Quick Attack
ThunderBolt

FireStride the Rapidash, Level 42

Moveset:
Fire Spin
Fire Blast
Stomp
Take Down

Reaper the Kabutops, Level 42

Moveset:
Slash
Harden
Absorb
Surf

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I will try it

Forum Username: KennyKid
Game Version: DarkRising1 (Firered hack)
Restrictions: A leedseed pokemon, or some pokemon make sleeping please
Previous Progress: No.

#91 - Cloyster
#76 - Golem
#18 - Pidgeot
#129 - Magikarp
#39 - Jigglypuff
#78 - Rapidash

Here's your team man
Sp1at, when someone opts No on NFEs, it means no under evolved Pokemon. All Pokemon given should be fully evolved. KennyKid, take Gyarados and Wigglytuff on your team.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Forum Username: Everlark
Game Version: White 2
Restrictions: I don't mind trading anything in, so if that happens, I'm good. Also, I would prefer to not use anything I'm using in this challenge. Absol is also on this team, just not in that post. For proof, you can keep looking through that thread. Thanks mucho. x

AngelicPikachu

"We're Ready"
Years
  • Seen Oct 20, 2016
Forum Username: Everlark
Game Version: White 2
Restrictions: I don't mind trading anything in, so if that happens, I'm good. Also, I would prefer to not use anything I'm using in this challenge. Absol is also on this team, just not in that post. For proof, you can keep looking through that thread. Thanks mucho. x

Here ya go bud good luck to you

Nidoking/Swellow/Serperior/Gothitelle/Jellicent/Flareon

Sorry I haven't posted an update for mine lately...been sick as heck :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back