The PokéCommunity Forums The PokéCommunity Archives Fan Clubs & Groups
Chit-Chat The Club Lounge~

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.


 
 
Thread Tools
  #101    
Old December 30th, 2014 (6:39 PM).
Salzorrah's Avatar
Salzorrah Salzorrah is offline
grassium Z
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Floaroma Town, Sinnoh
Age: 20
Gender: Female
Nature: Sassy
Posts: 6,354
Okay, I'm thinking of starting up a Nintendo 3DS club. But, it kinda gets me thinking if it borderlines the Video Games forum or if the topic is too narrow. I could always make it a general Nintendo club but then we have the Game Boy Fanboy Club, and its universe is too broad :x ;;

Sometimes thinking up of clubs that would make a big appeal to everyone is hard :/
__________________

"OK, Salzorrah! Grab the Thick Club and the Rare Bone and pound it all to a pulp!"
"Smack it! Crush it! Grind it! Turn it to goo!"

The UndergroundSMT on Facebook
Trainer Tournament

Relevant Advertising!

  #102    
Old December 30th, 2014 (6:48 PM).
Dedenne1's Avatar
Dedenne1 Dedenne1 is offline
Changing Seasons~
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Mewni~
Age: 19
Gender: Other
Nature: Relaxed
Posts: 6,464
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leijon View Post
Okay, I'm thinking of starting up a Nintendo 3DS club. But, it kinda gets me thinking if it borderlines the Video Games forum or if the topic is too narrow. I could always make it a general Nintendo club but then we have the Game Boy Fanboy Club, and its universe is too broad :x ;;

Sometimes thinking up of clubs that would make a big appeal to everyone is hard :/
Lol i agree u never know what people would go for :)
Id join a 3ds Fanclub maybe u could open it up to wii u aswell? That would make it a little more broad and a little less than all of Nintendo.
__________________
-
Playing
Reading
Credit
Haitus
Discord
  #103    
Old December 30th, 2014 (10:01 PM).
Meganium's Avatar
Meganium Meganium is offline
i'm weak
  • EO
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Galveston, TX
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Nature: Brave
Posts: 16,905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discord. View Post
I might make a Monstercat fanclub. It has a ton of different types of music so everybody could probably find a few tracks they like. Only prob is i don't really follow any news lol.

Oh and Hollywood Undead fanclub, cause i love HU and i actually follow their news <3
How much do you know about Monstercat? It's not required to "follow the news" if you want to create a club about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leijon View Post
Okay, I'm thinking of starting up a Nintendo 3DS club. But, it kinda gets me thinking if it borderlines the Video Games forum or if the topic is too narrow. I could always make it a general Nintendo club but then we have the Game Boy Fanboy Club, and its universe is too broad :x ;;

Sometimes thinking up of clubs that would make a big appeal to everyone is hard :/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedenne1 View Post
Lol i agree u never know what people would go for :)
Id join a 3ds Fanclub maybe u could open it up to wii u aswell? That would make it a little more broad and a little less than all of Nintendo.
Let Doctor Professor Patrick Axy explain her expertise on video game clubs.



The main reasons why I allowed the Game Boy club (and the PlayStation club back a couple months ago, ran by user Zorogami), was because there was 1. enthusiasm, 2. topics already planned in advance, 3. amount of fans in fanbase. Video Game console clubs are okay subjects here as long as discussion about the games within that console is at a minimum and we do not want them to dominate. The PlayStation club was a perfect example.

So, yes, Nintendo in general is super broad. We have the consoles, the games, the franchises within them (and each franchise, like Mario and Square Enix), are more worthy of a club themselves. It does not really borderline with the VG forum because you are always protected by sign-up requirements (which is why I almost always require it whenever I approve clubs!), clubs also protect fandomers from the outside world, so that way there is always a safe environment to discuss your particular club subjects.
__________________
...& what's wrong with that?
PokeCommunity Splatoon Splatfest
  #104    
Old January 1st, 2015 (5:16 AM).
Salzorrah's Avatar
Salzorrah Salzorrah is offline
grassium Z
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Floaroma Town, Sinnoh
Age: 20
Gender: Female
Nature: Sassy
Posts: 6,354
Well, I might try to get some topics ready for it, and formulate a plan of attack for it before I submit it to Megan haha :3 But if I did create a club for the 3DS, would anyone join in?
__________________

"OK, Salzorrah! Grab the Thick Club and the Rare Bone and pound it all to a pulp!"
"Smack it! Crush it! Grind it! Turn it to goo!"

The UndergroundSMT on Facebook
Trainer Tournament
  #105    
Old January 5th, 2015 (1:06 PM).
Meganium's Avatar
Meganium Meganium is offline
i'm weak
  • EO
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Galveston, TX
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Nature: Brave
Posts: 16,905
If it's got news for the 3ds, especially for the new one coming soon(ish), then I will join. <3

Man, it's been a while since I made a club myself (last one was the Music Listeners...gonna post a topic soon :D) one of my resolutions is to make bigger and better clubs that pertain to current fandom interests. Anyone else got any "FC&G" club resolutions? Share!
__________________
...& what's wrong with that?
PokeCommunity Splatoon Splatfest
  #106    
Old January 6th, 2015 (12:03 AM).
Salzorrah's Avatar
Salzorrah Salzorrah is offline
grassium Z
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Floaroma Town, Sinnoh
Age: 20
Gender: Female
Nature: Sassy
Posts: 6,354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeliira View Post
Anyone else got any "FC&G" club resolutions? Share!
Uhm, the main one would me being active in said forum. I wanna try to make a club that would really be successful. I did that with the PC Fanclub, but then I wanted to leave PC, so I gave it to Ashley, and 6 days later I returned because of the ORAS announcement =-= Tbh a big regret yet not haha x3

Also, I want to really branch out to other clubs because the only club I'm consistent with, is the Homestuck Club :3

Aaaand I also want to contribute to the section a bit more. I'm planning to donate some CSS templates as well x3
__________________

"OK, Salzorrah! Grab the Thick Club and the Rare Bone and pound it all to a pulp!"
"Smack it! Crush it! Grind it! Turn it to goo!"

The UndergroundSMT on Facebook
Trainer Tournament
  #107    
Old January 18th, 2015 (7:04 PM).
Mawa's Avatar
Mawa Mawa is offline
The typo Queen
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Canada
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Nature: Calm
Posts: 4,747
Hello!!

Quote:
If you are new to club making and need help setting up a club, you can ask here.
→Got an idea for a club but don't know how to shoot it off? No worries! We can help you here.
I want to have a Harvest Moon fan club, if some people are interested :)
But... I don't really know how I can do that?? (you know, making a good active club)





Quote:
Originally Posted by Quilva View Post
I might make a Monstercat fanclub. It has a ton of different types of music so everybody could probably find a few tracks they like. Only prob is i don't really follow any news lol.
I will totally join it !! (and I do follow the news a little bit lol. A monstercat fan here!!)
__________________
  #108    
Old January 18th, 2015 (11:33 PM).
Meganium's Avatar
Meganium Meganium is offline
i'm weak
  • EO
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Galveston, TX
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Nature: Brave
Posts: 16,905
Club Lounge is now a section DCC! Finally added that prefix so that way we can boost some activity for this thread alone. Hate to see it die for weeks.

I was wondering though...would anyone like to see a coffee lovers club? I am literally a coffee connoseuse (sp?), I'd love to teach people the wonders of coffee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mawa View Post
I want to have a Harvest Moon fan club, if some people are interested :)
But... I don't really know how I can do that?? (you know, making a good active club)
There's a teeny section in the rules guide that explains how to make a club active. Basically, you just gotta be on top of it. Make new discussions, respond to members, advertise on your signature, etc! It does take a bit of work to get it out there, which is why there is always an option to get a co-owner to help out if you feel being a lone owner is hard enough.
__________________
...& what's wrong with that?
PokeCommunity Splatoon Splatfest
  #109    
Old January 21st, 2015 (12:14 AM).
Salzorrah's Avatar
Salzorrah Salzorrah is offline
grassium Z
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Floaroma Town, Sinnoh
Age: 20
Gender: Female
Nature: Sassy
Posts: 6,354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeliira View Post
I was wondering though...would anyone like to see a coffee lovers club? I am literally a coffee connoseuse (sp?), I'd love to teach people the wonders of coffee.
I might not be a coffee lover per se, but I think it's a nice idea! I don't know if anyone else wants it haha x3

Btw, I'm set on starting up a Taylor Swift Fan Club! I know there are a lot of you Swifties out there, dont deny it ;3 Would anyone want to join tho?
__________________

"OK, Salzorrah! Grab the Thick Club and the Rare Bone and pound it all to a pulp!"
"Smack it! Crush it! Grind it! Turn it to goo!"

The UndergroundSMT on Facebook
Trainer Tournament
  #110    
Old January 26th, 2015 (8:25 AM).
Meganium's Avatar
Meganium Meganium is offline
i'm weak
  • EO
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Galveston, TX
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Nature: Brave
Posts: 16,905
Drinking coffee has giving me such interest. Like, I know which roasts are awesome and what flavors are popular to people. I'll probably end up giving that a try. *sips on cup of coffee*

I'm reviving the Animal Lovers Association, it died a few months ago.
__________________
...& what's wrong with that?
PokeCommunity Splatoon Splatfest
  #111    
Old January 29th, 2015 (1:31 AM).
Pterosauria's Avatar
Pterosauria Pterosauria is offline
Not a dinosaur
     
    Join Date: Aug 2014
    Location: Under the bed
    Gender: Female
    Nature: Quirky
    Posts: 126
    Would anybody be up for a Monster Hunter club? 4 is out (soon) with its fancy wi-fi shenanigans, so it could be a platform for partying up, or just chatting about the last thing that maimed you horribly.

    I won't be setting it up for a little while (life seems to be conspiring against my internet use at the moment), but it would be good to know if it would fly like a Wyvern or crash like a... er... Crashing thing.
    __________________
    Friendships and affection, are the strength of the Jewel Knight.
      #112    
    Old February 6th, 2015 (12:35 PM).
    Meganium's Avatar
    Meganium Meganium is offline
    i'm weak
    • EO
     
    Join Date: Jun 2010
    Location: Galveston, TX
    Age: 27
    Gender: Female
    Nature: Brave
    Posts: 16,905
    Late response, but since the new Monster Hunter game is coming out next week (I think?!), it would probably make sense to make one asap! I lost my demo code that I got from the email. I'm regretting deleting it. fml.

    I have a question that is more uhh...club related? I'm in a crave for more clubs, I got a few templates ready to go but I don't know what to make. What's everyone into nowadays? What do YOU want to see here?

    I had an idea, since Animal Lovers was a bit more anticipated than I thought, how about I start a club for people (like me) love to go shopping? I could go beyond narrow.
    __________________
    ...& what's wrong with that?
    PokeCommunity Splatoon Splatfest
      #113    
    Old February 8th, 2015 (3:37 AM).
    Pterosauria's Avatar
    Pterosauria Pterosauria is offline
    Not a dinosaur
       
      Join Date: Aug 2014
      Location: Under the bed
      Gender: Female
      Nature: Quirky
      Posts: 126
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Axeliira View Post
      Late response, but since the new Monster Hunter game is coming out next week (I think?!), it would probably make sense to make one asap! I lost my demo code that I got from the email. I'm regretting deleting it. fml.
      Yeah, the 13th, I think it comes out. Darn, time to choose between video games and food again.I'm kidding - food always wins Didn't even manage to get the demo of the game this time around :/ Wow. I am really not on top of things right now XP
      __________________
      Friendships and affection, are the strength of the Jewel Knight.
        #114    
      Old March 4th, 2015 (7:26 PM).
      Venitardus's Avatar
      Venitardus Venitardus is offline
      Breeder
         
        Join Date: Jan 2013
        Gender: Male
        Posts: 1,003
        Would anyone be interested in a kingdom hearts thread? Or another RWBY thread?
        __________________
        Proud owner of the Breeders club.
        • X: Joey •Alpha sapphire: Kimmy • Sun: Joey
        I am a shiny hunter.
        3ds FC: 4468-2394-4701
        Completed Challenges:Shiny Badge Quest
          #115    
        Old March 4th, 2015 (8:21 PM).
        aeternum's Avatar
        aeternum aeternum is offline
        Not Suitable For All Ages
         
        Join Date: Mar 2013
        Location: Indiana
        Nature: Naughty
        Posts: 13,176
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Venitardus View Post
        Would anyone be interested in a kingdom hearts thread? Or another RWBY thread?
        If you're looking for a Kingdom Hearts thread come and join the Final Fantasy Fan Club, it covers all things Square related which includes Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, The World Ends With you , Bravely Default and anything else with the Square Enix/Squaresoft name slapped onto it. The Final Fantasy Fan Club just sounds better than The Square Club. No?
          #116    
        Old March 5th, 2015 (12:05 AM).
        Meganium's Avatar
        Meganium Meganium is offline
        i'm weak
        • EO
         
        Join Date: Jun 2010
        Location: Galveston, TX
        Age: 27
        Gender: Female
        Nature: Brave
        Posts: 16,905
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Sonata View Post
        If you're looking for a Kingdom Hearts thread come and join the Final Fantasy Fan Club, it covers all things Square related which includes Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, The World Ends With you , Bravely Default and anything else with the Square Enix/Squaresoft name slapped onto it. The Final Fantasy Fan Club just sounds better than The Square Club. No?
        Well, if you're gonna talk about other Square Enix games in the Final Fantasy Club, you're risking the club going off-topic way too frequently. A long time ago, I remember one of the older club mods made a general Square Enix fan club that was pretty active, and it covered the majority of the games. Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts as standalone clubs can really work since both franchises are still popular among members and around the fandom nowadays.
        __________________
        ...& what's wrong with that?
        PokeCommunity Splatoon Splatfest
          #117    
        Old March 5th, 2015 (12:16 AM).
        aeternum's Avatar
        aeternum aeternum is offline
        Not Suitable For All Ages
         
        Join Date: Mar 2013
        Location: Indiana
        Nature: Naughty
        Posts: 13,176
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Axeliira View Post
        Well, if you're gonna talk about other Square Enix games in the Final Fantasy Club, you're risking the club going off-topic way too frequently. A long time ago, I remember one of the older club mods made a general Square Enix fan club that was pretty active, and it covered the majority of the games. Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts as standalone clubs can really work since both franchises are still popular among members and around the fandom nowadays.
        So far it's been working out fine, the topics have been generalized enough that people who like FF, KH, or any of the other games have had an opportunity to be able to input on them. It probably also helps that the club isn't the most active. I mean, I could always make a separate club for KH but then I'd be real tempted to make several other clubs for all of the other popular Square games that would just clutter up the forum and then be forgotten. Or I could just rename the thread to better represent it as a more generalized club, which is what I've been thinking about doing since activity has been down. I just haven't been able to think of a name that didn't sound overly dumb.
          #118    
        Old March 5th, 2015 (7:52 AM). Edited March 5th, 2015 by Adventure.
        Adventure's Avatar
        Adventure Adventure is online now
        press start to play_
         
        Join Date: Nov 2007
        Location: T.A.R.D.I.S.
        Nature: Naive
        Posts: 30,069
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Axeliira View Post
        Well, if you're gonna talk about other Square Enix games in the Final Fantasy Club, you're risking the club going off-topic way too frequently. A long time ago, I remember one of the older club mods made a general Square Enix fan club that was pretty active, and it covered the majority of the games. Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts as standalone clubs can really work since both franchises are still popular among members and around the fandom nowadays.
        We talk about all of mspaintadventures.com in the Homestuck fanclub. Granted, the step from HS to PS (another webcomic there) isn't too big so it's not bothersome. I can see how it would be different with a big thing such as Square Enix 8)

        Also Megaaaan the splash banner is missing a background pic. Or is it just not loading for me?

        *bumping my clubs, check them out from my signature, yes yes!*
          #119    
        Old March 5th, 2015 (10:01 AM).
        Meganium's Avatar
        Meganium Meganium is offline
        i'm weak
        • EO
         
        Join Date: Jun 2010
        Location: Galveston, TX
        Age: 27
        Gender: Female
        Nature: Brave
        Posts: 16,905
        MLP Season 5 is starting in a month now, and I canNOT wait. Posting news in MLP fan club. Head on over if you like!

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Sonata View Post
        So far it's been working out fine, the topics have been generalized enough that people who like FF, KH, or any of the other games have had an opportunity to be able to input on them. It probably also helps that the club isn't the most active. I mean, I could always make a separate club for KH but then I'd be real tempted to make several other clubs for all of the other popular Square games that would just clutter up the forum and then be forgotten. Or I could just rename the thread to better represent it as a more generalized club, which is what I've been thinking about doing since activity has been down. I just haven't been able to think of a name that didn't sound overly dumb.
        The better way to do this is to close the FF fan club, and remake a generalized Square Enix club. Tell your members to move to that club in order to continue discussion. That way you can start fresh, with new discussions, and possibly bring in new members too. Here's the club for reference if you would like to see.

        Having to simply rename the FF club would just get everything too cluttered and confuse peeps who may be dedicated to the club. Making a new one is the way to go.

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by adventure View Post
        Also Megaaaan the splash banner is missing a background pic. Or is it just not loading for me?
        It's loading pretty slowly on my end, too. I'll see what I can do. Might have to find an image that isn't too big in terms of size. Thanks for letting me know~
        __________________
        ...& what's wrong with that?
        PokeCommunity Splatoon Splatfest
          #120    
        Old March 5th, 2015 (10:45 AM).
        Nagi's Avatar
        Nagi Nagi is offline
         
        Join Date: Sep 2014
        Location: home
        Age: 24
        Gender: Female
        Nature: Modest
        Posts: 998
        to be honest i wonder if Square Enix isn't too large a subject to put in a single club. i myself am a big Square Enix fan, but i've only played games such as Final Fantasy Tactics and Crystal Chronicles, Bravely Default and a few from the Mana series. so i wouldn't join a club like that cause i know the main conversation will only be about the main Final Fantasy series and larger franchises like Kingdom Hearts.

        not to sound bitter or something, lol. i just think the Final Fantasy main series and Kingdom Hearts are better off as separate clubs ( ´ ▽ ` )ゞ
        __________________
        -
        -
        -
        -
        i'm so t i r e d

         

        Quick Reply

        Join the conversation!

        Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

        Create a PokéCommunity Account

        Sponsored Links
        Thread Tools

        Posting Rules
        You may not post new threads
        You may not post replies
        You may not post attachments
        You may not edit your posts

        BB code is On
        Smilies are On
        [IMG] code is On
        HTML code is Off

        Forum Jump


        All times are GMT -8. The time now is 8:22 AM.