• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Username change requests (May)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Hello all and welcome to the new iteration of username changes (finally)! After some tests and modifications to reduce lag and downtime, the admins are happy to finally be able to bring this back for everyone. However, compared to always having a thread open and allowing people to request any time as long as a certain amount of time has passed since their last change, requests will work a little differently. Please make sure to read this thread in its entirety.

Username change requests will be open twice a year--in May and November. We decided to go with this method as it makes it easier for us to keep track of and organize the username changes which come in. During these times you may request for one new username in the respective username change thread. This means that members will get two changes per year - one in May and one in November - if they choose to make use of it.

Remember that we don't allow members to use several accounts on Pok?Community. You may therefore not create an alt to "reserve" a username you don't want to risk losing to somebody else.

Supporters are eligible for an extra change per year, outside of the May and November sessions. Please see this thread if you need to use an extra username change as a supporter.

At the end of the month, the thread will be closed and no more requests will be taken.

To request a new username, please use the following form:

Old username:
New username:
(Any related notes, if any)

Usernames must be 36 characters or less and be appropriate. Capitalization changes will not invoke the limit.

Please note that usernames will be changed as they come in. We will not be waiting until the end of the month to change names, so make sure you are set on your new username before posting as it will be changed right when an admin sees it.

If you wish to take an existing username, you may do so if ALL of the following criteria are met:

1) The account has not logged in for four or more years;
2) The account has not made any posts;
3) The account not does not belong to a banned member;
4) You have at least 100 posts.

If you're not sure if the name you want is available, feel free to use the username checker (http://www.pokecommunity.com/usernamecheck.php) to verify.

And that's all. Happy requesting! Feel free to private message an administrator if you have questions.

Last edited:

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
Hey guys, I don't want to lose my current username, so I created an alt account to reserve it, if that's okay. ^_^

Old username: Clover
New username: Hyzenthlay

Thank you!

Lanayru

Old username: Lanayru
New username: Clover

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Hey guys, I don't want to lose my current username, so I created an alt account to reserve it, if that's okay. ^_^

Old username: Clover
New username: Hyzenthlay

Thank you!

Hi, this is Clover's alt account.

Old username: Lanayru
New username: Clover
You should familiarize yourself with Pok?Community's rules.

One account per member. The Pok?Community does not permit the use of multiple accounts by a single person. We have tools for tracking members using additional accounts to back up an argument, mislead other users or evade a ban. If we?re made aware that you use additional accounts, we will disable these accounts and apply any relevant infractions to your main account.
One reason for this rule is specifically to avoid members "reserving" usernames and ruining the fun for others who would actually actively want to use them. Since you clearly weren't aware, I won't infract you this time. However, I will delete your alt "Lanayru" now. If you don't want to risk losing the name "Clover", you should consider not changing at all :)

Last edited:

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years

I see, thanks for warning me. ^_^; I didn't realise the rules had changed, seeing as it used to be allowed. At least, I'm pretty sure it was.

You can go ahead with the name change anyway?I'll just keep my fingers crossed!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
Old username: You Watanabe
New username: Xencleamas

An anagram of Salamence with an X lol

Last edited:

semi

the magnificent steiner
Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2023
Old username: Semi-