Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.

Ad Content

#551   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old 2 Weeks Ago (12:17 AM).

Quote:
    Originally Posted by HyoudouIssei810 View Post
    I just noticed there are still issues with pokemon x and y roms not bypassing after creating your name in the beginning dont know if the rom hack will solve that they say its some sort of audio issue i think but im not sure if it is or not.
    The hack probably won't fix any issues Citra has with the base games unfortunately. From what I understand, XY uses its own audio system instead of the default 3DS system, and support for that has only recently been added to Citra, so it's likely to need some refining before it works perfectly.

Resources:
    Gen IV move editor (Nightmare module)
    Platinum decapitalisation patch/files
    Updated SDSME (in progress)
      #552   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old 1 Week Ago (4:29 AM). Edited 1 Week Ago by Laidback.

Hey I just encountered a wild Torchic on route 2, but it wasn't listed in the wild encounter document list, :) is it updated?
      Also the Santalune poke mart doesn't sell any TMs.
        #553   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old 1 Week Ago (3:03 PM).

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Laidback View Post
        Hey I just encountered a wild Torchic on route 2, but it wasn't listed in the wild encounter document list, :) is it updated?
        Also the Santalune poke mart doesn't sell any TMs.
        Yeah the documents are fine, the Torchic is a one time only encounter which isn't listed with the regular Pokemon for that route. Usually if the marts aren't working it means you need to uninstall the game update, as the files in that override the ones in the hack.

Resources:
          #554   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
        Old 1 Week Ago (10:38 PM).

I've just updated the games to version 2.4, which adds a Citra installation guide, a new TM, and fast hatching eggs to all versions, as well as a few move and item buffs to the rebalanced versions.

Resources:
            #555   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
          Old 4 Days Ago (3:33 AM). Edited 3 Days Ago by alex2011.

So you say all pokemon are enabled in this hack, I say enabled because even pokemon excluded in official releases of the games are in the code and are actually just disabled from appearing in the opposite version to which they are exclusive (Ex: Palkia is actually present within the code of Diamond, just has its spawn code disabled), does that mean you've enabled all pokemon from all regions/generations to be obtainable through either of these and does that extend to all legendaries including version exclusives? By that, I mean am I able to capture the legendary birds (Gen 1), legendary dogs (Gen 2), Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza (Gen 3), Dialga/Palkia/Uxie/Azelf/Mesprit (Gen 4), Reshiram/Zekrom/Kyurem (Gen 5), as well as both Xerneas and Yveltal all in one single version of this hack, along with all non legendaries, without having to somehow transfer from a trade capable remake of previous versions or each other? I ask because, while I do intend to play the other games capable of trading to X/Y normally anyway just for having records of all leagues beaten and all regions available to me for play, I am trying to gain a master collection up to the X/Y pokemon all in one place and doing so via ROM hacks is much more difficult than just playing through each and trading them over multiple physical game systems into an actual physical copy of the game.
              #556   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
            Old 4 Days Ago (7:47 AM). Edited 4 Days Ago by FishLightning.
            Water/Electric

I've tried drag and drop install for both X and Y rebalanced versions and it's stopped the game from opening (it gets stuck on the "Nintendo 3DS" screen that plays when you start a game). The versions I have installed go back to working perfectly once the files are deleted from my luma folder. I already have gotten another hack (Star Sapphire) working perfectly fine through the same drag and drop method.
                #557   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
              Old 3 Days Ago (8:53 PM).

Quote:
                Originally Posted by alex2011 View Post
                So you say all pokemon are enabled in this hack, I say enabled because even pokemon excluded in official releases of the games are in the code and are actually just disabled from appearing in the opposite version to which they are exclusive (Ex: Palkia is actually present within the code of Diamond, just has its spawn code disabled), does that mean you've enabled all pokemon from all regions/generations to be obtainable through either of these and does that extend to all legendaries including version exclusives? By that, I mean am I able to capture the legendary birds (Gen 1), legendary dogs (Gen 2), Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza (Gen 3), Dialga/Palkia/Uxie/Azelf/Mesprit (Gen 4), Reshiram/Zekrom/Kyurem (Gen 5), as well as both Xerneas and Yveltal all in one single version of this hack, along with all non legendaries, without having to somehow transfer from a trade capable remake of previous versions or each other? I ask because, while I do intend to play the other games capable of trading to X/Y normally anyway just for having records of all leagues beaten and all regions available to me for play, I am trying to gain a master collection up to the X/Y pokemon all in one place and doing so via ROM hacks is much more difficult than just playing through each and trading them over multiple physical game systems into an actual physical copy of the game.
                Yep, all 721 Pokemon in XY can be encountered and captured in either version of the hack. Details are in the wild Pokemon locations document, which is included with the download and available on the hack's Google drive.

Quote:
                Originally Posted by FishLightning View Post
                I've tried drag and drop install for both X and Y rebalanced versions and it's stopped the game from opening (it gets stuck on the "Nintendo 3DS" screen that plays when you start a game). The versions I have installed go back to working perfectly once the files are deleted from my luma folder. I already have gotten another hack (Star Sapphire) working perfectly fine through the same drag and drop method.
                I can't replicate this freeze on my end. Have you made sure the official update for XY isn't installed? I'm not too sure what else would be causing that, normally if it's a problem with the files it affects everyone who tries to use them.

Resources:
                  #558   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                Old 3 Days Ago (10:13 PM).
                Water/Electric

Well I've gotten it working now after reinstalling X, though I'm not sure how since I had already tried that last night.

Quick Reply