• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nintendo Game Boy Fanboy Club! (Fangirls allowed)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 14, 2023
NINTENDO GAME BOY FANBOY CLUB
FANGIRLS ALLOWED

Alfieri, the Game Boy Gif Guy, presents the club where we discuss nothing but Game Boys!

The Nintendo Game Boy was one of the most innovative gaming handhelds to come to our world. Thanks to Nintendo, we were given the Game Boy along with many memorable games like Pokemon Red & Blue, Super Mario Land, and even Tetris! The Game Boy's popularity kept on rising until we got even more models such as the Game Boy Color and Game Boy Advance, which brought us color to our handheld gaming experience.

Here we can discuss our past experiences with our Game Boys. Talk about each model. The games that came out for the handheld. Pretty much, anything and everything about Game Boy.​

RULES
-Follow all PokeCommunity and FC&G Rules.
-Please respect all other members and their opinions.
-No trolling, flaming, bashing, etc.
-Please stay on topic.
-Have plenty of fun!​

SIGN-UP FORM
Username:
Favorite Game Boy (you can include the color as well):
Favorite Game Boy Game:
Answer to current topic:​

GAME BOYS/GIRLS (Members List)

Alfieri - Game Boy Advance SP
Poki - Game Boy Advance
Peitharchia - Game Boy Micro
BakingBluePotatoe - Game Boy Advance
Banz - Game Boy Advance SP
TRIFORCE89 - Game Boy Advance
VeranithasVI - Game Boy Color
gnmmarechal - Game Boy
R.F. - Game Boy/Advance SP
epicassassin1811 - Game Boy Advance
KamikazeSSoH - Game Boy Advance
Mylabugz - Game Boy Color
Dedenne1
Bruce Banner - Game Boy SP

CURRENT TOPIC
Is the Game Boy a Pokemon machine?
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Poki

Banned
Years
I'm joining this 'cause you told me to I love Nintendo. <3

Username: Poki
Favorite Game Boy: Game Boy Advance, black.
Favorite Game Boy Game: Pokémon, duhhhh.
Answer to current topic: The Internet. I still can't get one in Bulgaria, but emulators are cool.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 14, 2023
Welcome to the club, Poki! You joined out of your own free will...

That's a shame, but yeah at least emulators are around for those who can't obtain the actual system.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Username: Peitharchia.
Favorite Game Boy: Game Boy Micro; personally haven't bought it, but still like the model. To me, it looks very simplistic and modern.
Favorite Game Boy Game: Pokémon Emerald; have played it plenty of times before, all of which were enjoyable. Plus, this is the only Pokémon game that I've been inspired to do any outside task, so to speak, such as completing PokéDex (wasn't successful at it, unfortunately, but was still sort of close). As for second, it probably has to be MegaMan Battle Network 6, with Battle Network 4 being third.

How did you discover the Nintendo Game Boy?
My first was Game Boy Color, which was given to me as reward by parents for doing well in class. It's given me a ton of fun memories, most of which I still do remember and think about every once in a while. Second is Game Boy Advance, and third was SP. I've always wanted to get my hands on Micro, but was never able to, sadly, as I had to save money for DS and whatnot (this was about eight years ago).

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 14, 2023
Welcome to the club Peitharchia! Hope you enjoy your stay here.

As for the Game Boy Micro, I honestly never saw the model in-person before. All my childhood spent in Toys R Us, I never even saw packaging or advertisement for it. :o
It does look very sleek and I would definitely want to buy one though for my collection lol. That's cool though, that your parents rewarded you with a GBC. I had to beg my parents to buy me a GBA. xD

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
Username: BakingBluePotatoe
Favorite Game Boy: Fuschia Gameboy Advance
Favorite Game Boy Game: .... TBH, I remember far too many fondly to just pick /ONE/
Answer to current topic: How did you discover the Nintendo Game Boy?
Everyone in my Kindergarten class had one, it was almost impossible to not know baout it then. XD I got mine after Kindergarten- the Fuschia Game Boy Advance! Came with... I wanna say a Dragon Tales game for GBC, a 101 Dalmations game for GBC, and Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi's Island! Played the hell out of that.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 14, 2023
Welcome to the Game Boy Fanboy club BakingBluePotatoe!

I remember those days. You weren't a part of the cool kids until you had a Game Boy lmao. I rmember playing the other Super Mario Advance games, like the SMB3 port.

Years
Username: Banz
Favourite Game Boy: Gameboy Advance SP
Favourite Game Boy Game: Mario Kart Super Circuit, Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen
Answer to current topic:
How did you discover the Nintendo Game Boy?
I don't know. It was quite popular when I was a kid but I never got one myself until I was older.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 14, 2023
Welcome to the club Banz! How old were you when you got your Game Boy?

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Username: TRIFORCE89
Favorite Game Boy: Game Boy Advance
Favorite Game Boy Game: Impossible to choose

I got the old giant brick of a Game Boy when I was a toddler. I had it, the headphones, the battery pack that required you to be plugged into a wall. Only games I had for ages were Super Mario Land and Tetris. When I would visit my cousin or my uncle I would play their games. Played Donkey Kong '94 and Kirby's Dream Land a lot from the former, Galaga/Galaxian and Alleyway from the latter.

Eventually my library expanded once I got a Game Boy Color. I was just older and knew better at that point.

I'm playing a Game Boy game right now actually. A terrific hidden gem called Catrap. Really fun. Wish I had it as a kid

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
Years
Username: Veranithas VI
Favourite Game Boy: Purple Game Boy Colour
Favourite Game Boy Game:
Current Topic Answer: My dad actually bought the Nintendo Game Boy Classic for Christmas one year, took the console out of the box and wrapped it up for me, and hid a ring in the box and wrapped it up for my mum. I was probably only about two years old, and I played it until the GBC came out in 1998. That's when I got my favourite Grape Purple GBc. <3

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 14, 2023
I got the old giant brick of a Game Boy when I was a toddler. I had it, the headphones, the battery pack that required you to be plugged into a wall. Only games I had for ages were Super Mario Land and Tetris. When I would visit my cousin or my uncle I would play their games. Played Donkey Kong '94 and Kirby's Dream Land a lot from the former, Galaga/Galaxian and Alleyway from the latter.

Eventually my library expanded once I got a Game Boy Color. I was just older and knew better at that point.

I'm playing a Game Boy game right now actually. A terrific hidden gem called Catrap. Really fun. Wish I had it as a kid

Oh man I played Tetris for hours on end on my GBA. I also played Galaga in the GBA port of Namco Museum.

My dad actually bought the Nintendo Game Boy Classic for Christmas one year, took the console out of the box and wrapped it up for me, and hid a ring in the box and wrapped it up for my mum. I was probably only about two years old, and I played it until the GBC came out in 1998. That's when I got my favourite Grape Purple GBc. <3

I would have totally bought a Purple GBC but I needed a Lime to match my signature lol.

Anyways welcome guys to the Game Boy Fanboy club! Enjoy your stay~

gnmmarechal

Hurricane the Blaziken
Years
SIGN-UP FORM
Username: gnmmarechal
Favorite Game Boy: original one, white
Favorite Game Boy Game: Tetris / Pocket Monsters Midori
Answer to current topic: I played GBC it while I was 3 years old or so, there was this guy who lended me his GBC, until I got a GBA.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 14, 2023
SIGN-UP FORM
Username: gnmmarechal
Favorite Game Boy: original one, white
Favorite Game Boy Game: Tetris / Pocket Monsters Midori
Answer to current topic: I played GBC it while I was 3 years old or so, there was this guy who lended me his GBC, until I got a GBA.

I had to look up what pokemon game you were referring to lmao. How long did you borrow his GBC until you got your GBA?

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
Years
I really wish that Europe got Pokemon Green, and not Blue. I mean, colour-scheme wise I know it makes perfect sense, but I dunno, Green always looked so much cooler.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 14, 2023
Now that we have a healthy number of members on board, it's time to change the topic. Next up is the discussion of ol' man Game Boy himself:

392624-123950_gadget26_gameboy_b.jpg

Nintendo brought handheld gaming before with the Game & Watch but really took the world by storm with their Game Boy. What are your thoughts on this magnificent beauty? Discuss~

Oh and what was your reaction when you found out about the Game Boy that survived the Gulf War?
Spoiler:

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
Years
Nintendo brought handheld gaming before with the Game & Watch but really took the world by storm with their Game Boy. What are your thoughts on this magnificent beauty? Discuss~

The Game Boy Classic, back in it's day, was absolutely beautiful. I remember playing Pokemon Red on that thing and having the time of my life, during 'Bring Your Toys To School Day' or in a car trip with my parents or whatever. I miss when consoles/things in general were this simple, but in saying that if we still had strictly black and white consoles and I knew of a certain thing called HD, and colour, I'd probably wanna die.

Oh and what was your reaction when you found out about the Game Boy that survived the Gulf War?

My first reaction was "that'd feel really weird on the palms of your hands if you held it to play a game". Then I just thought it was badass that a Game Boy could survive the Gulf War in that condition and still not have a broken screen, whereas my phone falls out of my pocket onto my wooden balcony and the screen might as well have never been on the thing.

gnmmarechal

Hurricane the Blaziken
Years
I don't know to say about the GB, because when I think about it I think: "GAME BOY GAME BOY GAME BOY!!!!!" And I play it about 50% of my time.

Back