The PokéCommunity Forums General Pokémon Discussions Pokémon General
Okay guys and girls, who is your favourite Pokémon from the new sun &a moon series?

Pokémon General The home for theories, clubs, polls, and other discussions involving the Pokémon franchise that aren't covered in any of the other boards.

Old April 16th, 2018 (7:25 AM).
Sam :)

My favourite Pokémon on any series is of course Pikachu, but I must say I though Tapu Lele's character in the new series was interesting, mysterious and at the same time playful. Not to mention that the aesthetics are wonderful and unlike any other Pokémon we've seen in different series. So if I had to chose a Pokémon over Pikachu it would be Tapu Lele. How about you guys!?
    Go check out my YouTube Channel where I make Pokémon and Gaming themed YouTube videos. I have recently started a series on my channel where my goal is to collect as many Pokemon cards as possible. My dream one day is to own every single Pokémon card ever made. If this sounds interesting to you, go check out my videos, if you enjoy them why not subscribe and join me on my journey to catch them all and grow an audience whilst doing so!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCO-qJT22NZyCBJTOnUe9KaA

Relevant Advertising!

Old April 16th, 2018 (12:00 PM).

Nature: Quiet
      Primarina and Decidueye are my favorite Pokemon from Sun/Moon.
      Old April 16th, 2018 (2:02 PM). Edited April 16th, 2018 by strangerhypno.

Komala is just too cute. When it was first revealed, I knew I was going to catch and use one in SM, it's a little lackluster in battle, I think it fainted the most out of all my SM pokemon. Still it's one of my favorite gen 7 and normal type pokemon despite being a little weak and people begging for an evolution, like Dunsparce.

Passimian is pretty cool too, at first I wanted Oranguru but since I got Sun I went with Passimian and its design grew on me, I like it more than Oranguru now. It was one of my stronger members of my SM team, pulling through strong physical attacks.

Mimikyu, its annoying popularity aside, I quite liked it. It was easily the strongest member of my SM team. It's not as great as people hype it up to be and I don't see the appeal, and don't feel bad for it though, since a ton of other pokemon are forced into Pikachu's shadow while it is super popular now.

Primarina is a pretty pokemon as well, very defensive and reliable in battle. Funny enough when SM came out people were ragging on Popplio but it was my favorite of the three and I liked it before its evolutions were leaked.

Shiinotic is one I used in a second SM playthrough because I really liked its ghostly mushroom design. Pretty decent wall and reliable with recovery moves.

Don't care for a lot of other gen 7 pokemon, especially the grotesque UBs
        Old April 16th, 2018 (4:03 PM).

Quote:
          Originally Posted by XNaut View Post
          Primarina and Decidueye are my favorite Pokemon from Sun/Moon.
          Those are some awesome choices :)
          Go check out my YouTube Channel where I make Pokémon and Gaming themed YouTube videos. I have recently started a series on my channel where my goal is to collect as many Pokemon cards as possible. My dream one day is to own every single Pokémon card ever made. If this sounds interesting to you, go check out my videos, if you enjoy them why not subscribe and join me on my journey to catch them all and grow an audience whilst doing so!

Old April 16th, 2018 (4:13 PM).

Quote:
            Originally Posted by strangerhypno View Post
            Komala is just too cute. When it was first revealed, I knew I was going to catch and use one in SM, it's a little lackluster in battle, I think it fainted the most out of all my SM pokemon. Still it's one of my favorite gen 7 and normal type pokemon despite being a little weak and people begging for an evolution, like Dunsparce.

Passimian is pretty cool too, at first I wanted Oranguru but since I got Sun I went with Passimian and its design grew on me, I like it more than Oranguru now. It was one of my stronger members of my SM team, pulling through strong physical attacks.

Mimikyu, its annoying popularity aside, I quite liked it. It was easily the strongest member of my SM team. It's not as great as people hype it up to be and I don't see the appeal, and don't feel bad for it though, since a ton of other pokemon are forced into Pikachu's shadow while it is super popular now.

Primarina is a pretty pokemon as well, very defensive and reliable in battle. Funny enough when SM came out people were ragging on Popplio but it was my favorite of the three and I liked it before its evolutions were leaked.

Shiinotic is one I used in a second SM playthrough because I really liked its ghostly mushroom design. Pretty decent wall and reliable with recovery moves.

Don't care for a lot of other gen 7 pokemon, especially the grotesque UBs
            I agree with you on passimian as I also found his character heart warming and great in the anime! The design I though on a reverse holo you could get of him was awesome.

I don't play with SM cards or Pokémon cards at all I'm just a huge fan of collecting the cards and watching the animes (and of course collecting the plushy stuff but I shouldn't admit this now I'm almost 18) .

I think mimikyu is an interesting Pokémon but at the same time I found it quite annoying in the series because I use to like that in the Xy and Xyz series that Ash used to struggle to fight them in the anime and it led to some pretty good battles, but with mimikyu unless Pikachu was a round he didn't care and only wanted to fight Pikachu! XD

I also agree with all the rest of the Pokémon you have mentioned!

Old April 17th, 2018 (12:19 AM). Edited April 17th, 2018 by thunderlight.

My vote is Primarina. Her beauty and battle talent make up for the popularity, I don't think many players know about her.
              Old April 17th, 2018 (5:50 AM).

Quote:
                Originally Posted by thunderlight View Post
                My vote is Primarina. Her beauty and battle talent make up for the popularity, I don't think many players know about her.
                I agree, I thought primarina was awesome!

Old April 17th, 2018 (8:26 AM). Edited April 17th, 2018 by Hyzenthlay.
                • EO

Nature: Jolly
                Zeraora was made for me—I swear Game Freak has been keeping records of my preferences in order to come up with the perfect design. <3

Before Zeraora was introduced, Lurantis was easily my favourite from Sun/Moon! Such a beautiful Pokémon, and so pink! Its shiny is great as well. It's just a shame it can't take hits.

Corsola-eater or not, Mareanie is freaking adorable. That expression! I had one in my first playthrough and never evolved it. Its defence was still fantastic.

I love most bird Pokémon, especially Trumbeak. It has a really cool design, even if its evolution is a little, um... unoriginal, haha. I still like Toucannon, though.

Who doesn't love Rowlet? It's the cutest thing I've ever seen! Dartrix is kind of weird, but Decidueye could well be my favourite fully-evolved starter.

Okay, I'm a huge cat person, so naturally I was thrilled to see such amazing feline starters! Seriously, my Incineroar one-shotted Ultra Necrozma. It was just so strong.

Those are my favourites, but I should give a few other deserving Pokémon an honourable mention. They are: Komala, Drampa, Magearna, Hakamo-o and Tapu Lele.
                Old April 18th, 2018 (4:53 PM).
                Korrina is totally kissable~<3

Nature: Timid
                  I like Incineroar and Comfey :3

Hiyo, i'm Jirachu~<3 Kawaii Pikachu and Jirachi cross, though now my favorite Pokemon character is Korrina; and I crush HARD on her lemme tell ya lol :3

I duno why but the image in my sig stopped showing up....So I removed it. :/
                  May add some cute blingee sometime in its place though xD
                  Pikachu Diglit Nidoran Pidgey Teddiursa Skitty Lugia Phanpy
                  (i'm cute and sweet and like being friends with lots of people. just don't get on my bad side, please ;3)
                  Old April 18th, 2018 (9:44 PM).
                  u5uk1r0k

Nature: Bashful
                    Golisopod was definitely one of my favourite mons, and I still use him in SM. However, UB Gluttony looks really cool too. Necrozma was also pretty dope
                    -Nurse Joy
                    “I like shorts! They’re comfy and easy to wear!”
                    -Youngster
                    “Mostly I breathe fire, but want to exchange numbers?”
                    -Firebreather Walt... Sure, I'll give my number that let's anyone know where I am to a strange shirtless firebreathing man who ran up to me and attempted ot incapacitate my pets...
                    Old May 16th, 2018 (2:19 AM).
                    GameDev

Nature: Bold
                      Got renewed love for Marrowak I haven't had since Gen 1.

But in terms of completely new, I'm lovin Salazzle <3 (Honorable mention: Golisopod)
                      Available on Mobile & PC Platforms!
                      Weekly Development Updates: www.yotesgames.com
                      Download the Latest Demo: Battle Gem Ponies (Pre-Alpha Ver. 7)

Old May 19th, 2018 (2:00 AM).
                      Arid trainer

Nature: Hardy
                      Gen 7 made me actually consider muk as it is Alolan muk with its type combination.

If Alolan versions don't count, then it's probably vikavolt.
                      Old May 19th, 2018 (2:31 AM).
                      press start to play_

Nature: Naive
                      Litten was so incredibly cute and cat-like in the anime so it won my heart.
                      Old May 19th, 2018 (4:44 AM). Edited May 19th, 2018 by peter McLightning.
                      Banned

Nature: Hasty
                        My favorite pokemon from the SM series is Incineor, i am a fan of fire type. Moreover, he looks really cool.
                        Old May 19th, 2018 (7:55 PM).

Nature: Timid
                          all the new alolan versions, especially meowth and the new marowak
                          other than that mimikyu and i rlly like sandygast
                          Old May 20th, 2018 (11:19 PM).

While I thought most of the new Alolan forms were home runs (Marowak and Vulpix/Ninetales being my favorites), I thought the new Pokemon were good, but not great. The exception to that would be the Rowlet family, which were my favorite Grass type starters since Hoenn. Pyukumuku, Mimikyu, and the Bounsweet line were alright too, but nothing else from the region really stood out to me, legendaries and Ultra Beasts included.
                          Old May 21st, 2018 (12:05 AM). Edited May 21st, 2018 by MysticalNinetales.
                          Mysteriosity is Beauty

Nature: Sassy
                            Alolan Vulpix/Ninetales, Primarina, Lurantis, & Lunala. :)

Quick Reply