• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RSE Remake Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Spearking of Devon can't the dream world be a hint. The first three places accesible in BW are the Forest, sea, and the sky which can represent the three parts that the weather trio control (land, sea, sky) plus Devon was trying to develop it some time ago...perhaps Fennel got some ideas from Hoenn.

Years
I think Nintendo will survive either way honestly...
Anyways putting the hints of the champions together I'm thinking Hoenn takes place between HgSs and B2W2 as Steven called himself champion in HgSs while in B2W2 the guy in black calls Wallace the champ of Hoenn and Steven the former (not counting the fact that the player character would've surpassed Wallace but it's the same case with Cynthia and Lance). In a way Emerald was a strange third version...it's almost as if it took place some years later after RS when it comes the whole who is champ and when...than again Black and White (the originals not the sequels) have the same thing with the whole time thing in Opelucid city.

Years
  • Seen Apr 5, 2018
I think Nintendo will survive either way honestly...
Anyways putting the hints of the champions together I'm thinking Hoenn takes place between HgSs and B2W2 as Steven called himself champion in HgSs while in B2W2 the guy in black calls Wallace the champ of Hoenn and Steven the former (not counting the fact that the player character would've surpassed Wallace but it's the same case with Cynthia and Lance). In a way Emerald was a strange third version...it's almost as if it took place some years later after RS when it comes the whole who is champ and when...than again Black and White (the originals not the sequels) have the same thing with the whole time thing in Opelucid city.

1) R/S/E occur at the same time as FR/LG.
2) Emerald taking place after R/S doesn't make sense. If it does; how come the player character moves to Hoenn twice? Why are they the exact same age? How come everyone reacts the same way to them? Why are Teams Aqua and Magma still at it, trying by doing almost the exact same things as before? Why do none of the gym leaders or elite four recognise the player character, and why is Steven randomly waiting for the player character to deliver the exact same letter as he was delivered by the player character years before? Emerald is just the director's cut, how the director wanted to tell the story.

Most likely, Steven calling himself champion just means that if there are remakes/sequels, then they'll be for Ruby and Sapphire, not Emerald.

Years
But a Ruby and Sapphire Remake would not make any sense unless they added Emeralds Storyline. Emerald is the canon Hoenn game currently, and unlike crystal for gold and silver, the storyline was changed quite a bit.

Also, Game Freak has never cited when RSE takes place. Red and Green were remade because they had to be in order to get all the Pokemon. RSE were most likely put into their own zone, and judging from earlier posts including where Steven was the Champion of Hoenn in HGSS and then both Wallace and Steven were the Champions in Black 2 and White 2, the games (in Emeralds case) would have had to taken place after HGSS. Unless HGSS are not to be considered canon.

You can also check Bulbapedia, there is no reference that I have seen where RSE takes place.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I haven't come across anything that hints to it, but I do hope it comes around. I don't own a 3DS, though...so it wouldn't be of use to me if they remade it only for 3DS.

I can't complete my National Dex without Hoenn Pokemon. But I've been having a tough time finding a copy of any Gen III game that works properly and isn't really expensive.

Years
1) R/S/E occur at the same time as FR/LG.
2) Emerald taking place after R/S doesn't make sense. If it does; how come the player character moves to Hoenn twice? Why are they the exact same age? How come everyone reacts the same way to them? Why are Teams Aqua and Magma still at it, trying by doing almost the exact same things as before? Why do none of the gym leaders or elite four recognise the player character, and why is Steven randomly waiting for the player character to deliver the exact same letter as he was delivered by the player character years before? Emerald is just the director's cut, how the director wanted to tell the story.

Most likely, Steven calling himself champion just means that if there are remakes/sequels, then they'll be for Ruby and Sapphire, not Emerald.
I didn't say they did. I was saying there's seems to be a paradox based on what they say about the champs just like how Opelucid city creates a paradox for Black and White in which the kid from white in the extra battery event is grown up in Black and has a kid of his own and in the event they mention time travel...yeah confusing I know.

And as Emrald said their no mention of exactly where it took place except that it had to happen some time (proably years) before B2W2. It could've taken place a bit after the fourth gen actually...

Yeah it seems Emerald is the Canon story now...plus Steven points out the obvious that the stones in Opelucid are Emeralds...pretty much to me it signals that Emerald's story will be the one used.

Pinta77

Hmm, now that you mention emerald, I wonder if the remake will simply be an emerald remake instead of ruby and sapphire. If they are trying to follow the same "5 games per generation" pattern that they have fallen into, then maybe the 5th game will be an emerald remake.

blue

gucci
Years
Kinda irrelevant but it just came to me, a connection between Gen III & V is that RSE & BW/B2W2 are the only pair of games with separate Gym & Elite Four soundtracks.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
@Magmaruby and Aquasapphire

Hmm, now that you mention emerald, I wonder if the remake will simply be an emerald remake instead of ruby and sapphire. If they are trying to follow the same "5 games per generation" pattern that they have fallen into, then maybe the 5th game will be an emerald remake.

There is no pattern. They do two games to force the connection between players.

Years
Kinda irrelevant but it just came to me, a connection between Gen III & V is that RSE & BW/B2W2 are the only pair of games with separate Gym & Elite Four soundtracks.

That's very much true, not to mention that if you listen to the Unova Elite Four and B2W2's champion music there is a slight remix of Hoenn music. Its only slight, but it was enough that I instantly recognized it.

loucas

100% hot
Years
maybe the idea of putting 2 game sequels to BW instead of just one is because maybe they are planning to do only 1 as oppose to the usaul 2 game remake, which is emerald, as said by many, emerald has been the canon, it will be really inappropriate to do RS remake with emerald's story. so they just flipped the cycle, 2 third game, 1 remake.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
maybe the idea of putting 2 game sequels to BW instead of just one is because maybe they are planning to do only 1 as oppose to the usaul 2 game remake, which is emerald, as said by many, emerald has been the canon, it will be really inappropriate to do RS remake with emerald's story. so they just flipped the cycle, 2 third game, 1 remake.

BW2 instead of Grey has absolutely nothing to do with anything remotely related to this topic.

I assure you, they would rather do 2 Emerald remakes even in that case. There is no way they would release one remake. Heck even releasing all 3 sounds more realistic.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
They will make 2 games just to get more money. Most of us buy both games regardless if there is version exclusives or not. All they care about is money. Even in Emerald,there are Hoenn pokemon you can't catch in the wild.

Last edited:

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
They don't care ONLY about the money...otherwise the games would be way worse than they are, with way less care for detail and all that. Its just that they do care about the money while at it for obvious reasons.

Years
BW2 game freaks most clever?

If this isnt the proper place i am sorry but i have to here someone elses input on this. Being one of the faithfuls from redand blue doesnt give me alot of people to talk to about these things in normal day to day life considering im 22 years old now....
But did anyone else notice how sneaky game freak was yet how creative. How brilliant black and white 2 play into their most clever marketing to date?

Lets say... ok we know the fans want a ruby saphire revamp. We also know the fans would like another instalment to black and white.
I tell you what will be awesome if we split the instalment into two parts and double the income. But that would put us behind on ruby and saphire but the best way to do this is to release ruby and saphire with a black and white mask on.

Now to the point i wanna make and share. There is a ton of r/s tiles in black and white 2. A huge amount it just overwhelms me how brilliant it is. Heres the ones ive noticed and some others that i i am guessing.

Reversal mountain- groudon and kyogre respective lairs
Strange house- i am guessing the inside tiles can be the inside tiles that are in the stranded hip
Humilua- pacifidlog town
The plasma frigate- the inside tiles kind of remind me of the space center in r/s
Lentimas town- that route after the mountain lift cart
the route near the seaside cave also reminds me of the r/s route to victory rd

I just thought this was interesting. It may also point out a earlier release to a r/s revamp than some might expect.
Now is there any maps you guys have noticed in bw2 that are similar to rse?

Years
I have to agree that there will most likely be 2 versions, unless they do like what they did in Emerald and add nearly all the Hoenn Pokemon into the game, which I find unlikely that they would remake the third version. Its possible they could, I won't throw the idea out the window, but I doubt it.

Also, i've heard talks about instead of remakes we will get a sequel. Anyone else hear about that kind of stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back