• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The X/Y Rumors Thread!

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
CoroCoro commences in one minute!

I think you mean Smash =P
Here's a new rumor! Maybe one of the cities in the Kalos region will have a bank, so that you can safely keep a certain amount of money in one of them just like you would with Pokemon at the Day Care. Once the money is deposited you can have it back whenever you like, although it might come without an interest rate. :P

This idea might be abused however, for example if you deposit all your money and then lose a Pokemon battle then you will lose 0, which means that you don't actually lose any money at all, because it's all in the bank.
Would seem like such a useless thing though... I mean, I don't know about other people, but money in Pokemon is rarely ever a problem. And by rarely, I mean, once in a blue moon. I would hope there'd be more rewards than just getting your money back.

Years
I'm hoping the latest rumors are confirmed and/or debunked when the next Pokemon Smash show airs.

But still, hoping for not only X/Y game news, but maybe the anime as well.

Years
I think you mean Smash =P

Would seem like such a useless thing though... I mean, I don't know about other people, but money in Pokemon is rarely ever a problem. And by rarely, I mean, once in a blue moon. I would hope there'd be more rewards than just getting your money back.

Haha, wow, I feel dumb :p

The rumors have been debunked! Nothing new except a little snippet of Team Flare.

Serebii has posted screenshots from the Japanese site, and that's about it for now :/

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
It would be great like I said a lot of time to have 151 new pokemons this generation to have a total of 800.

I don't know; I think that I might have read somewhere that the new total might end up at 781 Pokémon, but that could have just been a rumor. Regardless, however, of whether or not this will come to pass, I think that 131 new monsters is a pretty good number; after all, it's pretty close to Hoenn's 135 additions, isn't it?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I am also thinking somewhere in the 130s is a good number. My original guess was about 141 to 144.

I also hope there is some news on who Ash is traveling with in Kalos. I figured Pokemon Smash would have at least said something about Oorotto by now, but we still haven't heard anything about it since the movie came out. I am starting to wonder if it is even real (I know it was suppose to be a trusted source), or if it was the wrong trailer and it was never suppose to be revealed. We should be getting news from Corocoro in about 2 or 3 weeks or so. So maybe we will get another good chunk.

Last edited:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
130+ is too many new Pokemon for an even-numbered gen, because that's only for odd-numbered gens. I'm still expecting 100+ Kalos Pokemon.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
Concerning how there is more to fairies than Tinkerbell or other pink cutesy creatures- do people aged six to twelve know that? That's around where GameFreak's target audience is. They don't necessarily make these games for those who have been around since Gen I. If they called the new alleged new type Fairy then that would make those people think of Tink or cutesy things, so Mystic would probably suit the type more.

Well, my little sister would probably remind me that even Tinkerbell has met some bad fairies

At this point, it cannot be confirmed nor denied, but I seriously doubt that will happen. Having three types will make battle much more complicated, perhaps even too complicated. I dunno though, I'm not really a battler.

Triple-type Pokémon would shake up GameFreak's meta-game somewhat, to tell you the truth, but I also think that it would bring dual-type moves along with it. Then again, I don't expect these mechanics to be introduced into the Pokémon franchise this generation.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Regarding the 130+ Nintendo technology blurb thing, that one's been around for a while. I wouldn't take the typo as completely discounting it- It's possible he typed this up by hand rather than copy-pasting the proofread version, and didn't bother checking it because it's an internet leak, not an official product.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
130+ is too many new Pokemon for an even-numbered gen, because that's only for odd-numbered gens. I'm still expecting 100+ Kalos Pokemon.

...How would it matter if the generation number is even or odd? There might be a trend I suppose, but if anything that'd more than likely just be a large coincidence. I severely doubt that their thinking is "Hey guys, even number generation! Less Pokémon to make, so work too hard!" That'd just be silly. Now if there was an actual reason that they were doing this that'd be one thing, but just because that's coincidentally happened in the past doesn't make it a rule or anything. Hell, it could easily happen again, but I doubt that it's any sort of set pattern.

Starlight Sprite

Resident Moon Fairy
Years
Here's a new rumor! Maybe one of the cities in the Kalos region will have a bank, so that you can safely keep a certain amount of money in one of them just like you would with Pokemon at the Day Care. Once the money is deposited you can have it back whenever you like, although it might come without an interest rate. :P

This idea might be abused however, for example if you deposit all your money and then lose a Pokemon battle then you will lose "0, which means that you don't actually lose any money at all, because it's all in the bank.

This feature was in the Generation 2 games (and their remakes) with the player's mother, but I don't think it's been in any other game since. It was also in the Mystery Dungeon games, and is a common feature in RPGs where being defeated causes you to lost some (or all) of your money. In any regard, I'd love to see it return. It's not something to easily abused beacuse the point of it is to "protect" your money.

I am also thinking somewhere in the 130s is a good number. My original guess was about 141 to 144.

I also hope there is some news on who Ash is traveling with in Kalos. I figured Pokemon Smash would have at least said something about Oorotto by now, but we still haven't heard anything about it since the movie came out. I am starting to wonder if it is even real (I know it was suppose to be a trusted source), or if it was the wrong trailer and it was never suppose to be revealed. We should be getting news from Corocoro in about 2 or 3 weeks or so. So maybe we will get another good chunk.

I've been wondering this as well. They've been very hush-hush about it, so I'd say to prepare for something exciting and major. I'm not expecting Brock or Misty to return (as amazing as that would be; I'm grounding myself in reality), but I do think there's going to be someone we weren't thinking of, perhaps a major NPC from X/Y who hasn't been revealed yet. I have a feeling that neither Iris nor Cilan will be sticking around, but that's just me.

Years
Just a reminder to everyone:
The next CoroCoro is set for the August 12th.
Exactly two more week!

Though, especially given the time difference, we could most likely expect the leaks on the 11th, maybe even the 10th. Though, no later than the 12th! That means we have 12-14 days left! And, if you haven't heard, this issue will contain "the biggest scoop of the century!" No, no. I don't think they are talking about a Vanilluxe evolution either. The thing that is surprising is the "century." How is this reveal any more surprising than the BW, DP, or RSE reveals. For that reason, I think we are in for more than great X and Y info. Maybe an announcement for a Wii version, or a Hoenn Wii Remake. Something that is completely beyond the expectations of the fan-base. Then again, maybe they are just exaggerating, and we will get mostly a ton of X and Y info. Either way, get you calenders marked.

For this reason, and the fact that about a month ago we received info Galore with E3 and the latest CoroCoro reveal. I think from now until the CoroCoro will remain fairly quiet as far as information, but we have already waited over two weeks already. Only about two left.

Let me ask you guys,
What do you think the "biggest scoop of the century is referring to?"

Starlight Sprite

Resident Moon Fairy
Years
I'm going to guess they'll be revealing some new evolutions and baby forms of previous generation Pokemon, especially those that have been left out of the spotlight for a while, like Pinsir and Jynx. Evolved forms for either of those would be interesting for sure, and Rapidash is practically begging to evolve into a Fire/Flying type. We might see another Eeveelution too (Ground type maybe?), as they've come in pairs excepting the first generation.

Alternatively, this could be the announcement of something that fans could have been wanting for a long time. Something like a Pokemon MMORPG for Wii U, or perhaps a sports game? If it is a game announcement, it's going to be something that they haven't done before.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
What do you think the "biggest scoop of the century is referring to?"

Mewtwo's other new forme, just to prove the Pokebeach rumor's legitimacy. When you think about it, giving Mewtwo two new formes really just sound like a big scoop, for it has the same reactional impact as Gen V getting sequels rather than typical third versions.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I don't think the "biggest scope of the century" has anything to do with pokemon. It is probably about that collaboration that the silhouette was talking about, about a week or two ago.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
My biggest hopes for the next CoroCoro:

1: Evolutions for Chespin, Fennekin, and Froakie, as well as evolutions of existing Pokemon
2: More details about the Kalos Pokedex
3: More details about the Fairy type
4: More details about Oorotto
5: More Gym Leaders

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Wait wait wait, better idea- have Rapidash evolve into a pegasus (or alicorn actually I guess), but make it fire/fairy type.

Yes

Anyway, I think the scoop could possibly be revealing evolutions/pre-evolutions of old Pokemon, specifically Kanto and Johto Pokemon; fans have been wanting evolutions for those Pokemon for ages so I guess it could be that? idk

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Yes

Anyway, I think the scoop could possibly be revealing evolutions/pre-evolutions of old Pokemon, specifically Kanto and Johto Pokemon; fans have been wanting evolutions for those Pokemon for ages so I guess it could be that? idk
They should focus on Unova, and Sinnoh as they haven't had any evolutions, and Hoenn if they are planning remakes to make the dex larger like they did with Johto's. Wouldn't mind evolutions of Kanto and Johto for those that don't have any though.

Hopefully they'll reveal the rumored second Mewtwo forme or shoot it down by saying Mewtwo's forme is the only one.

Years
I don't think the "biggest scope of the century" has anything to do with pokemon. It is probably about that collaboration that the silhouette was talking about, about a week or two ago.

No, that has already been revealed as Horse-racing solitaire game. There is a .0000001 percent chance of that having anything to do with big scoop.

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
Here are some ''leaked'' Pokemon that get a fairy type

Hello Poképal's! I work for IGN, the #1 online gaming source. I'm pretty well-known but will keep this discreet and as short as possible, jeopardizing my job here - but I know gamers are looking forward to more news and I'm here to give it to them. What you're seeing in the trailer above is a new "form" of Mewtwo exclusively titled Mewtwo X. You get this form via item in Kalos version - but there's a catch, only on Version X can you get this item. Fans don't get too upset because the item is TRADE-ABLE. Meaning you can obtain it on version Y, where gamers can obtain the elusive Mewtwo Y "form" which is a bit smaller, pinker, yet meaner. That form can be obtained via item used on Mewtwo Event which will be released in Japan soon (and in September for America). It MUST be this event mewtwo, a regular variant (ala cerulean cave shiny) will not work. Now to add on this, Mewtwo was given these forms as a way to balance its stats in different ways, as well its giving it a second typing, Fairy. It's original variant, Mew, will not be given any new forms but IS reclassed to Psychic/Fairy. I've managed to get a close pal of mine that has been apart of the Pokémon team to get me a list of all the national Pokémon that can be reclassified to get you guys more pumped and to prep your teams ahead of time, so here they go - in elemental order. No need to thank me:

Cleffa (Normal/Fairy)
Clefairy (Normal/Fairy)
Clefable (Normal/Fairy)
Igglybuff (Normal/Fairy)
Jiggylypuff (Normal/Fairy)
Wigglytuff (Normal/Fairy)
Snubbull (Normal/Fairy)
Granbull (Normal/Fairy)
Skitty (Normal/Fairy)
Delcatty (Normal/Fairy)
Happiny (Normal/Fairy)
Chansey (Normal/Fairy)
Blissey (Normal/Fairy)
Munchlax (Normal/Fairy)
Snorlax (Normal/Fairy)
Castform (Normal/Fairy)
Togepi (Normal/Fairy)
Togetic (Flying/Fairy)
Togekiss (Flying/Fairy)
Dunsparce (Normal/Fairy)
Buneary (Normal/Fairy)
Lopunny (Normal/Fairy)
Minccino (Normal/Fairy)
Cinccino (Normal/Fairy)
Audino (Normal/Fairy)
Azurill (Normal/Fairy)
Marill (Water/Fairy)
Azumarill (Water/Fairy)
Phione (Water/Fairy)
Manaphy (Water/Fairy)
Politoed (Water/Fairy)
Milotic (Water/Fairy)
Alomomola (Water/Fairy)
Clampearl (Water/Fairy)
Gorebyss (Water/Fairy)
Huntail (Water/Fairy)
Luvdisc (Water/Fairy)
Plusle (Electric/Fairy)
Minun (Electric/Fairy)
Mawile (Steel/Fairy)
Snorunt (Ice/Fairy)
Glalie (Ice/Fairy)
Vanillite (Ice/Fairy)
Vanillish (Ice/Fairy)
Vanilluxe (Ice/Fairy)
Bellossom (Grass/Fairy)
Cherubi (Grass/Fairy)
Cherrim (Grass/Fairy)
Petilil (Grass/Fairy)
Lilligant (Grass/Fairy)
Maractus (Grass/Fairy)
Shaymin-Land (Grass/Fairy)
Vulpix (Fire/Fairy)
Ninetails (Fire/Fairy)
Volbeat (Bug/Fairy)
Illumise (Bug/Fairy)
Kricketot (Bug/Fairy)
Kricketune (Bug/Fairy)
Sudowoodo (Rock/Fairy)
Misdreavus (Ghost/Fairy)
Mismagius (Ghost/Fairy)
Uxie (Psychic/Fairy)
Mesprit (Psychic/Fairy)
Azelf (Psychic/Fairy)
Cresselia (Psychic/Fairy)
Chingling (Psychic/Fairy)
Chimecho (Psychic/Fairy)
Gothita (Psychic/Fairy)
Gothorita (Psychic/Fairy)
Gothitelle (Psychic/Fairy)
Gardevoir (Psychic/Fairy)
Meloetta-Aria (Fairy/Psychic)
Meloetta-Pirouette (Fairy/Fighting)
Absol (Dark/Fairy)
Zorua (Dark/Fairy)
Zoroark (Dark/Fairy)
Darkrai (Dark/Fairy)

Arceus remains Normal, but receives an odd item called "Star Plate" which makes it become a Fairy typed Arceus.

Source: A guy who claims to be an IGN staff.
Do note that PokeJungle and IGN are not the one responsible for these rumors.

They seem fake to me though

Back