• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Team Advice

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 15, 2018
Hey guys today i started a new journey in Emerald! But i haven't played Pokemon since i was 8 years old so i was gonna ask for some advice and for a recommended team. I currently have Torchic, Ralts, and Lotad. Am i going in a good direction? What other pokemon should i get? What moves should i go for on all the pokemon?

Thanks for the help!

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
I ditched Lotad as a Lombre on the way because it takes a while before you get a Water Stone and before that all it's good for is Astonish and something like Nature Power (I forgot). It might have been useful in the hands of a more tactical person, but that person was not me. I don't remember what I replaced it with, though.

As for other suggestions, my mind is currently blank, sorry.

Fusion42

BoisturseBreloom
Years
Hey guys today i started a new journey in Emerald! But i haven't played Pokemon since i was 8 years old so i was gonna ask for some advice and for a recommended team. I currently have Torchic, Ralts, and Lotad. Am i going in a good direction? What other pokemon should i get? What moves should i go for on all the pokemon?

Thanks for the help!

Your team really good especially with Ralts on it. I recommend not evolving Lumbre into a Ludicolo until it reaches around LV.55 because Ludicolo can't learn any moves from leveling only TMs and HMs. If its not to late catch a Shroomish in the forest near Petalburg because when it evolves into a Breloom at Lv.23 it has a really high Attack stat. My Lv.62 Breloom has a Higher Attack stat than my Lv.65 Blaziken. I hope this will help just a little bit.

Fusion42

BoisturseBreloom
Years
I ditched Lotad as a Lombre on the way because it takes a while before you get a Water Stone and before that all it's good for is Astonish and something like Nature Power (I forgot). It might have been useful in the hands of a more tactical person, but that person was not me. I don't remember what I replaced it with, though.

As for other suggestions, my mind is currently blank, sorry.

I couldn't evolve my Lombre until was Lv.57 plus the moveset until Lv.55 is garbage, but I knew that Ludicolo could be a tank so I kept training him.

Jayce Darcy

Champion
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 4, 2017
Blaziken and Gardevoir are both great so you've settled your Fighting and Psychic types there. To round out your team I guess you need a Flying and Water so you could go for Dodrio/Tropius/Flygon/Altaria and for Water, you could go for Starmie/Golduck/Milotic.

If you don't go for Tropius then I'd recommend Thunderbolt for your Gardevoir to counter Water types.

Also be sure to give your Water pokemon an Ice Beam for the pesky Dragon or Flying types. Ice Beam is really essential to making Drake of the Elite Four an easy win.

Last edited:
Back