• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crustle moveset?

sherreamethyst

Dragonite's Momma
Years
Anybody come across a good moveset for Crustle? I have a Crustle im absolutely in love with, and i need some good moves for him! He has a Brave nature (+attack; -speed) and his moveset right now is

-X-Scissor
-Strength
-Rock Slide
-Stealth Rock

im thinking he should have:

-X-scizzor
-stone edge
-earthquake
-sandstorm

but i also want some coverage maybe for his weaknesses?? What do yu guys think?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Well EQ can pretty much cover two of your weaknesses (steel & rock) so that part is covered imo (for your revised version). As for sandstorm, it depends. If you're intending to switch it out, then you're probably better off with SR instead of sandstorm, if you're intending to keep it in for a while, then smooth rock x sandstorm can totally work for you. That's... really the only thing I'd change tbh which depends on how you want to use your Crustle. Hopefully if you go for the SR route the ability is sturdy and therefore it's a surefire SR setup at the start of the battle. But yeah with the low speed best not to switch into it and rather just have it as a lead if anything since boom your opponent will get two attacks down on you. :x

Either way, moving to in-game team help for more thoughts :)

You'd also probably be best if you included more Pokemon as per the rules so people can get a better idea of what you're intending to do with the Crustle based upon the rest of your team.

OriginGiratina

Dragon-type Trainer
Years
I made my Crustle offensive, with Adamant and EVs to Attack and Sp.Def. It's moves are Stone Edge, Hone Claws, X-Scizor and Aerial Ace. I have used it in Super Double and it's good. If you want entry hazards, keep Stealth Rock and change Strength with Spikes. If you want 2 STAB moves, keep X-Scizor and Rock Slide/Stone Edge and cover your weaknesses with EQ, the 4th move should be an Attack boosting move like Swords Dance

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I'd use this Crustle move set; it's pretty effective:
-Shell Smash
-Stone Edge/Rock Slide
-X-Scissor
-Earthquake
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb/Expert Belt
Ability: Sturdy
(this is the standard Crustle sweeper set)

If you want a support approach:
-Stealth Rock
-Spikes (you have to breed for this)
-X-Scissor
-Rock Slide/Stone Edge/Rock Blast
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 196 HP/252 Atk/60 Spe
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy

Back