• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen how to know if a pokemon is legit or hacked ?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 4, 2017
I bought omega ruby today and the game came with a bunch of shiny pokemons
how to know if they real or hacked ?
i would screen shot but mii screenshot got an x on the picture :(

-Nonsense-

Luck = 0
Years
I bought omega ruby today and the game came with a bunch of shiny pokemons
how to know if they real or hacked ?
i would screen shot but mii screenshot got an x on the picture :(

How many where there?

Stuff like impossible moves will mean they're hacked.
Being caught in an impossible location.
Being caught in an impossible pokeball..(like a wurmple being in a Cherish Ball or something)

For event pokemon check the ball and the Ot (original trainer).

Even if they have all the right stuff it's possible that they could still be hacked to tell the truth.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 4, 2017
over 60+
and it got cosplay pikachu shiny so most of them if not all are hacked i guess (some do have crap nature like shiny charizard bold)

Graine

It looks at you and casts Mind Blast.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 10, 2018
You might wanna check this thread. Pretty sure the cool guys over there would be able to help you. :)
This guide might also be helpful.

Last edited:

SleepyTrainer

Rage Valley
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 3, 2018
Check if they have a polygon icon next to their stamps/shiny star, newer pokemon versions use it to check if the pokemon is hacked, sometimes it doesn't work but I recommend to check it.

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
Check if they have a polygon icon next to their stamps/shiny star, newer pokemon versions use it to check if the pokemon is hacked, sometimes it doesn't work but I recommend to check it.

This isn't a good method of checking anymore, since the Pentagon icon can be hacked too.

SleepyTrainer

Rage Valley
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 3, 2018
This isn't a good method of checking anymore, since the Pentagon icon can be hacked too.

Yeah but still it's one of the things I'd firstly look at. Oterhwise you can't check if it's hacked, hackers can create pokemon with all legit traits.

Spyro

Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
Yeah but still it's one of the things I'd firstly look at. Oterhwise you can't check if it's hacked, hackers can create pokemon with all legit traits.
Good hacks are actually much rarer than easy to spot ones. The icon is just one of the many things you can easily check, like Location Met, Poké Ball, Event Tags, IVs, etc

SleepyTrainer

Rage Valley
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 3, 2018
Good hacks are actually much rarer than easy to spot ones. The icon is just one of the many things you can easily check, like Location Met, Poké Ball, Event Tags, IVs, etc

The pokeball can't prove it's hacked, eg. you obtained the ball from a hacker and used it to catch a pokemon you own. That doesn't make the actuall mon a hacked one.

But I admit a shiny Zygarde in a cherish ball would be suspicious. :D

Spyro

Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
The pokeball can't prove it's hacked, eg. you obtained the ball from a hacker and used it to catch a pokemon you own. That doesn't make the actuall mon a hacked one.

But I admit a shiny Zygarde in a cherish ball would be suspicious. :D
Shiny Zygarde is illegal, no matter the Pokéball. So all Shiny Zygarde are hacks.
Poké Ball can help determine if the Pokémon is hacked if it was caught in a game where the Poké Ball wasn't available (ex: Dream Ball Flabébé). Cherish ball also help if the Pokémon in it was never distributed as an Event (ex: Cherish Ball Primarina).

Back