• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
PokemonMaster2006 said:
Dudes. I've been working on this since G/S came out, I got all 386 pokemon in shiny forms, in my boxes in Old Pokedex order (which took a hell of a long time to obtain and set up) in both Gold, Ruby and Emerald. Next on my list will be transferring all 386 of my LEGIT shinies to the new D/P games when they're released and adding the new 4th generation pokemon in shiny forms to my boxes. Way ahead of you. You could attempt to make a shiny hunters club card for me with all 386 pokemon but that would be one huge .gif file.
Okay. Let me keep things simple and suppose you can see two Pokémon every minute. To accomplish this for the advanced-gen, the expected value of time taken is twelve years of constant, non-stop play. No sleeping, no eating, no potty breaks. This is a pretty large underestimate, considering I haven't taken pokes like Lati@s or the FRLG catdogs into account, Lati@s taking upwards of ten minutes to find per restart.

Your claim of doing the same for G/S/C is even more ridiculous, despite the advantage of breeding for shinies. This is because of the Kanto legendaries, whom you must catch and check on G/S/C/Stadium GS to find whether they're shiny or not. Think upwards of forty hours per restart, putting the expected value in the range of 32 years. We're a 17 momth old club; most of us have been playing for much longer. We have experience. Don't think you can fool us with a claim like THAT. Even the pkmaster knew better what she was doing. Come to think of it, your name is "PokemonMaster2006"... If you want to be in this club, we'll let you, but you have to be honest.

Runasutaru said:
@PokémonMaster2006:...That seems quite farfetched to me.
Tell me, where did you get the Shiny Celebi from?
Darts. ;)

Crytuf said:

i like the look of the banner... nice use of the oldschool shiney symbol,
Hey, it's about time somebody noticed it! ;)

I've got the standard member version complete. I think this is final, too:

shcbanner4reg.png

Sorry, ryan, but I just find the bling-bling remarks even more cheesy and cliché than what's already there... -.- Still waiting for Aaryn's choice of representitive poke for the leader version.

Edit: Updated banner. You may need to refresh. Sorry, Ru, Blaziken's your BF. Yay tentacruel! ^_^;

Edit2: It's so quiet in here without people like DragonSlayer(Ryan) spamming the place up. *sniff* Well, I'd best head off to class now... I may hunt on the way in. (that's how I got Spinarak, after all ;))

Edit3: Here's the final version for the club founders & co-owners:

shcbanner4lead.png

Unless anyone has any further suggestions, these are final and may go in signatures. The "club leaders" version is for Aaryn, ryan, Pazzkat, SGM, me, Yami_Zidane, and Lady Demoonica Darkmoon only. It's to identify that we run the club. Everyone else should use the standard members version. It's just as pretty, so you're not missing out on anything. ;)

Last edited:

Aaryn

I Want a DS!!!
Years
Wonderfull banners MM! As usual, your work is awesome.

Well, Its the 34th reset for Latios, nothing still (time my young padawan, patience is the way of the force!) XD

Runa! Grats on your two perfectly outstanding TORCHICS!!! lol

Bout PokemonMaster.... WEll, nothing else to say other than: Please, this is NOT a joke club, this is a SERIOUS club dedicated to REAL shiny hunting.

So please, dont waste your useful time trying to fool us. You know its not true, we know its not true, so thats all it is to it.

Gratz to MM again on his work, you are the best co-owner we could have for our club!(our other co-owners rock also!!)

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Mar 17, 2006
You better be ready to take back those statements, cuz I'm about to TESTIFY!!! I didn't catch all of them. I caught about 10% of them and traded other people for the other 90%. Like I said, took me 2+ years but I did it. As for the joke club comment, this is a joke club, I own you all. Believe it.....or not.

PazzKat

Back and looking 4 smiles!
Years
*Sighs silently* Alright then... let's pay no heed to our new friend. If worst comes to worst, we can inform the forum moderators of their actions if they slander and degrade us. The banners look good MetalMario, but I'm not really a leader so.... Hah. =D I've got no new shiny updates, I don't have much of a chance to play (That may be my naps but .... >.>; ) Every time I seem to post I seem to play for a bit so.... nyah. xP Back to shiny hunting I go!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
Oh snap! We got owned, guys! The shame is overwhelming.
I love how this noob has the same name (essentially) as the last major noob we had issues with.
Unless you can toss up some screen-shots, there is absolutely no way I'm even going to acknowledge your presence (aside from hostile/sarcastic remarks following your more annoying posts).
*Turns back on noob*
To MM: Pazz isn't an SHC (co)owner, she gave up her position a while ago.(edit: she already said that)
*Looks for a shiny Clefairy, but with less resolve than he had previously because he has just been made aware that PokemonMaster2006 has already secured one (jajaja)*
Edit: And.... yes, "bling-bling" is a bit too corny... but that's what makes it fun for me! I thrive on corniness... Ah well! Our current slogan is sufficiently corny! BUT! I warn you... my mind will keep working on something that's just the proper level of corny until something brilliant shows up.
Edit 2: Boo-ya, I'm sportin' it!
Edit 3: (By "it" I mean MetalMario's sexy new banner)

Last edited:

PazzKat

Years
Haha... "Thrive" sounds familiar... what ever happened to it Ryan?
and yeh.. I agree with Ryan, it's the ultra Corny! If that were to happen I'd be scared. >.>; They don't go bling bling anyways! =D what about a couple of stars to represent what actually happens? >.>;
[STUFFS HERE HAVE BEEN EDITED!]
Oh oh, could we round the corners a bit? It looks kinda... bleh w/ points (no mean to be offensive to anyone! ><) Also how come Houndoom / Executor? Vulpix or Sneasel look MUCH better! >.> (End of personal biases)

--I don't seem to have an adamant nature so I think I'll change that... >.>; Any suggestions on my signature??--

------- Conversation --------

Private Message: FW: Nyu
Today, 09:34 PM
PokemonMaster2006
Owns 386 Shiny Pokemon :O Join Date: Mar 2006
Nature: Rash

FW: Nyu

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by PazzKat
Is there a reason you hate SHC? Is there something I can do? ><;

Lol, I don't hate SHC That was a brutal joke, sorry bout that mate.

Let's not be too judgemental. ;-;

`1`1`1`1`1`1`1`1`1`1`1`1`1`1`1`1`1`1`1`1

My signature has now been editted... it's kinda blah but....I can't do photoshop worth crap and.........yeah! Go paint *walks off covered in it*

Last edited:
Years
PokemonMaster2006 said:
You better be ready to take back those statements, cuz I'm about to TESTIFY!!! I didn't catch all of them. I caught about 10% of them and traded other people for the other 90%. Like I said, took me 2+ years but I did it. As for the joke club comment, this is a joke club, I own you all. Believe it.....or not.
Changing your story, now, are we? We catch you on something that's blatantly impossible, so you make up an excuse. And about that last remark:

Aaryn said:
1-Full respect between members of the club, any insult or misrespect will be payed with expulsion of the club.
So you're clearly not welcome here. Also:

Arcanine said:
  • Respect every member on the board.
    Do not flame, bash, insult, or act rude to any member of the board. Members are all entitled to their own opinions. Also, do not use "gay" or anything having to do with a person's age, sex, religion, race or color in any derogatory manner.
Considering you just insulted every member of the club, calling their participation a joke, and acting, over all, cocky, *reports.*

PazzKat said:
Oh oh, could we round the corners a bit? It looks kinda... bleh w/ points (no mean to be offensive to anyone! ><) Also how come Houndoom / Executor? Vulpix or Sneasel look MUCH better! >.> (End of personal biases)
The shinies used are supposed to represent members. Latios for shinycollector, Houndoom for shido (first to respond), Tentacruel for Runa, and Exeggutor for Shiny Shuckle (otherwise known as Shiny Exeggutor). The Houndoom and Exeggutor slots are up for grabs, considering shido is new and I have no idea whether or not he'll stick around, and I didn't actually ask Shuckle for his opinion. If you'd like me to replace one of them with Sneasel/Ninetales, I will.

I could round the corners, but they probably won't display right in your browser. (Judging by your excessive use of the IE-specific Glow tag and the remark that used to be in your sig, stating that it "wasn't meant for firefoxes", I'm assuming you're an internet explorer user.) That would also force me to use a 32-bit PNG for the transparency, which would make the file size a little too big. These banners look just awful in 256 colours, and jpeg doesn't support transparency. (They also still look awful in jpeg, unless you use the highest quality, which is as big as the PNG.)

------- Conversation --------

Private Message: FW: Nyu
Today, 09:34 PM
PokemonMaster2006
Owns 386 Shiny Pokemon :O Join Date: Mar 2006
Nature: Rash

FW: Nyu

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by PazzKat
Is there a reason you hate SHC? Is there something I can do? ><;

Lol, I don't hate SHC That was a brutal joke, sorry bout that mate.

Let's not be too judgemental. ;-;
So he was lying for his own amusement? Last I checked "brutal joke" didn't equal "broad insult". Need I quote Aaryn and Arcanine again?

Now then, considering the omnipresence of a certain third caste of SHC members in the club, I've decided to dedicate a new version of the banner to them ;):

shcbanner4n00b.png

PazzKat

Years
-<Looks around.... slowly peering over the hill>- Okay... MetalMario seriously isn't in a good mood! >< Anyways, calling the moderators (IMO) was a bit excessive.......but that's that. Anyway... No news... and homework to do, sorry for burdening you enough to make you add me to your MSN MM! Sleep well! ><

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
Ahh! Staff! It's always frusterating when we need to bring in the staff to tell people off... I like to think that we're... I dunno, something like a PC colony; self-sufficient and whatnot. Meh! Whatever, I'm just glad that I didn't get told off for not being respectful.
Congrats HM! You've been pretty lucky with your shiny hunting. *High fives*
MM, I'm a fan of the "Liar Noobs" banner... I'm tempted to tell you all that I actually caught all of the original 151 (plus the PokeGods of course) within my first day of playing Pokemon Yellow just so that I could use it... Hmmm... Well, that would actually throw me into the category of "Liar Leader"... Hmm... *Ponders*
*Shiny Hunts*

Crytuf

Dark Dragon Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • usa
  • Seen Sep 23, 2006
wow, looks like you guys had an eventful evening... i personally agree with those that said that if you dont like it get out... however i am sure that i missed something in the past and dont have all the information

i like the banner, it would be greatly appreciated if someone could explain to me how i can make stuff appear in my posts...

now to the shiney report, grats on poochyenna^^...

i passed out at 2:00 so, yeah still no karp... luckely my gbm was charging so ill be ok for a day...

so yeah now up to 56-58 hours of hunting, my illumise is now lvl 50 and rattata is 95...

i like the idea of a lvl 100 shiney rattata i dun know why...

well, good luck to you all^^. take care.

Sky_Ace

A life dedicated to animals.
Years
How is everyone?I haven't got the chance to hunt latly, instead, I've been training to the extream.....Well, goodluck!

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Mar 17, 2006
Oi. Learn to read mate, The joke part was me hating SHC, SHC kicks butt dudes. I do have 386 shinies. I'm just going over to make sure. Also I know there is a PokemonMaster2005. I was having trouble finding a pokemon related name. I was gonna go with ImmortalKaine which is my username for like Habbo Hotel, Runescape, etc., etc. But this is the best I could do :(

Ack! My collection isn't complete! I have 2 Shiny Growlithes! Argh. Gotta pick up a fire stone and evolve this sucker.

Last edited:

Aaryn

I Want a DS!!!
Years
Pokemonmaster's post is just "little intelligent"and little "realistic". I have to say I may have an Idea of who this guy is.

Lets see, no more to tell ya than your out of the club, no matter what. If any other leader thinks its not a right decision, it may be discussed.

Anyways, I dont even beleive myself when I see my 35 shinies, And its IMPOSSIBLE to get some shinies if its not through gameshark so anyways, you DO NOT have 386 legit shinies.

I dont find interesting discussing or arguing anything with you pokemonmaster so just tell you that whatevere you say in this club from now own will not be read or respected by me.

Thx for the attention.

Anyways, for the REAL AND COOL members of the club.

Keep uit up, Its awesome to have this club just because you people make it possible, the last thing I consider is that this is a joke club and you guys make it serious (Thx to MM, ryan, Pazzkat, SGM, Yami, and all other members .... runaaaa lol)

Ive been hunting Latios (44 times already) And nothing yet (as expected)

May the hunting continue.

(Thanks to the mod for dropping by)

EDIT: is the above poster saying he ALSO has all of the shinies except Blaziken?? noooooooo, not another one!

Back