• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Pokemon TRE2: Team Rocket Edition, The Revamped Episode

Years
Radio, as in radioactive? If so, I have a move idea:
Radiation
50BP
Effect-Burns or Poisons the enemy
Effect chance-50% (as in 25% Burn, 25% Poison)
15PP
Just my 2 cents! Keep it up! Looking real good!

50% chance is A LOT, no matter if you get poisoned or burned

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
Radio, as in radioactive? If so, I have a move idea:
Radiation
50BP
Effect-Burns or Poisons the enemy
Effect chance-50% (as in 25% Burn, 25% Poison)
15PP
Just my 2 cents! Keep it up! Looking real good!

Thanks. Good suggestion, but why would a Radio attack cause burn or poison when there is the 'Radioactive' status ailment?? ;)

Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2015
Thanks. Good suggestion, but why would a Radio attack cause burn or poison when there is the 'Radioactive' status ailment?? ;)

Oh, I see. Clever! Use the radioactive status ailment then. I was just thinking because too much radiation could cause either:
A-Severe-Burns
or
B-Minor-Poisoning
That was my idea, but a "Radioactive" status ailment is clever! Good job on the updates, though.

Years
  • Age 26
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
I'm kind of curious... what would be the difference between "Fighting" types and "Physical" types? Is the Physical type just a replacement for the Normal type?

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
Oh, I see. Clever! Use the radioactive status ailment then. I was just thinking because too much radiation could cause esither:
A-Severe-Burns
or
B-Minor-Poisoning
That was my idea, but a "Radioactive" status ailment is clever! Good job on the updates, though.

Thanks! True, burning or poisoning would be perfect without the new status ailment.

I'm kind of curious... what would be the difference between "Fighting" types and "Physical" types? Is the Physical type just a replacement for the Normal type?

Physical is just a renaming of Normal. There are just some attacks that won't fall under any other type, like wrap.

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
I haven't had a chance to update the website yet, but here is the preliminary type chart. Let me know what you think. Also tell me if you think some types are too strong/weak/have questionable power against a certain type.

The row is for attacking, the column is for defending.

http://i.imgur.com/9QqJ0cB.png

And yes, the physical column and cyber row are supposed to be blank. No Pokemon will have the physical type, so it doesn't matter if any other types are strong/weak against it. And cyber is virtual, so it's attacks will not vary in strength against any types. Of course, let me know if you disagree.

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
Latest Update:

the website is in progress, it will be updated soon with Types, I promise!

In the meantime, thanks to the talented artists at wayofthepixel.net , I have decided to updated the battle screen to include the environment in the background. Below are two screenshots:
qGqlOse.png

00imPbP.png

Everything is from the actual game EXCEPT the "face" tiles. I a mtrying to decide which style to go with. I am leaning towards the second one, but want to know your opinions.

(There are about 10 different environments that will appear as backgrounds, and yes, they will have effects in battle)

Also, I created a banner for those who are interested enough to show their support:

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Latest Update:

In the meantime, thanks to the talented artists at wayofthepixel.net , I have decided to updated the battle screen to include the environment in the background. Below are two screenshots:
qGqlOse.png

00imPbP.png

Everything is from the actual game EXCEPT the "face" tiles. I a mtrying to decide which style to go with. I am leaning towards the second one, but want to know your opinions.

(There are about 10 different environments that will appear as backgrounds, and yes, they will have effects in battle)

Also, I created a banner for those who are interested enough to show their support:

This is a really really really great update! For the battle environments, you need to have two 7x7 tile areas of solid color that surround the two battle pokemon, correct? Otherwise, you would need to somehow blend the background tiles with the pokemon sprite tiles, and I'm not sure that's possible... hmm... anyway, cool! That might present a nice artistic challenge for actually designing the environments.

I vote for the top version of the face sprites. The bottom ones look too similar to the bigger sprites, I think.

Years
Latest Update:

qGqlOse.png

00imPbP.png

I like the second one more.

Just a suggestion, could you make exp bar from 2nd generation to make everyone's life easier?

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
I like the second one more.

Just a suggestion, could you make exp bar from 2nd generation to make everyone's life easier?

Hm, I could use the 3 vertical tiles before the enemy info, though it would reduce the amount of visible status symbols by 1. I'll try it though, thanks for the suggestion!

This is a really really really great update! For the battle environments, you need to have two 7x7 tile areas of solid color that surround the two battle pokemon, correct? Otherwise, you would need to somehow blend the background tiles with the pokemon sprite tiles, and I'm not sure that's possible... hmm... anyway, cool! That might present a nice artistic challenge for actually designing the environments.

I vote for the top version of the face sprites. The bottom ones look too similar to the bigger sprites, I think.

Thanks! You're right about the blank sections of bg, though it's 6x6 for the back sprite.

I've considered making the background incorporated into the sprite itself (It would involve working from the edge in and drawing each pixel individually until you reach a non-white pixel) but issues arise when you animate the sprite, since these new incorporated background will move with it. It'll also be near impossible to determine if there are any gaps on the inside of the sprite where the BG should be visible (without a lookup table).

In the end, this style is simpler and gets the job done (and looks pretty good too i think)

You're right about the 2nd face sprites being similar to what is already shown on the screen, though these first option is very similar to the in-party sprites (though they aren't visible). I do like the higher quality of the second sprites.

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
too bad u cant play as jessie but other than that it looks awesome! cant wait to play

I never said you can't play as jessie ;)

thanks!

For an update: I fixed some bugs that arose with the new battle screen (tiles not loading properly, animation sequences using the wrong tiles/screen location). There's still a lot more to do, but its on its way.

I decided to go with the mini-sprites instead of the mugshots, so I am currently getting those all in the game as well.

I will update the website tomorrow; it'll be the last thing i work on before I go on a weeks vacation!

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
also where is the download link? or is there not one yet?

There isn't one yet, and won't be until next year! (the way I am editing the game does not allow for a beta at the moment, or any time soon)

This is amazing *___* I'm flabbergasted.

Thanks! I could say the same thing for your hacks.

Update:

I finally updated the website to show the new battle screen, the new intro video, and the new type chart.

Let me know what you think!

www.poketre.com

the video can be found here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfCPIhGf7Ew

I will update the first post with these changes.

Years
  • Age 26
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Wow. Really nice job with the intro.

My only complaint is that the initial line Giovanni says before showing the main character seems a little abrupt in transition -- he says a line, then disappears quickly.
Perhaps you could length what he says a bit?

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
Wow. Really nice job with the intro.

My only complaint is that the initial line Giovanni says before showing the main character seems a little abrupt in transition -- he says a line, then disappears quickly.
Perhaps you could length what he says a bit?

Thanks. Yeah, that's a good point. I can give him a few more lines. (Also, I already fixed the typo at the end where there is an unnecessary line break when he says "One more thing")

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
Just a short update tonight. I was on vacation for the past week, so there is little progress, but this evening I've been working on the tedious and boring process and "devamping" all of the pokemon mini-sprites to fit into the battle screen hud.

I DID update the main post, at least.

The next battle work is fixing all scripts that deal with the pokemon/trainers sprites since they are now at a new location on the screen, and then adding in the remaining 9 battle backgrounds. Then comes fixing some bugs that I inadvertently created in the pokedex/stats screen.

I am still working hard, but none of the progress is in the actual story line or other features, its mostly graphical updates. Soon enough I will get back to the good stuff!

Back