Feedback & Support All things related to PokéCommunity, from feedback and ideas to support and questions.

Ad Content
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old October 2nd, 2018 (10:40 PM). Edited October 9th, 2018 by Amy May.
Amy May Amy May is offline
Banned
     
    Join Date: Jun 2018
    Age: 33
    Gender: Female
    Nature: Quirky
    Posts: 208
    I'm posting here because I can't figure out if there's a "report" function... plus I know my post made would be considered "mini modding" so I'm also turning myself in.

    I know in the standard Pokecommunity rules there's also one against advertising... but to what point would you be refering?

    In my Bugs/Glitches/Exploits thread I had a case of advertising with a member recomending people to go somewhere else. :(

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Liquid Halo
    FYI: [removed source] [removed name] has a great series exploiting all glitches known to the first gen and he's very entertaining. His commentary cracks me up.
    His Yellow series is the most substantial as it was his first so when he got to Red and Blue he'd already covered at least half of the available content.
    [removed link]
    Reply With Quote
      #2   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old October 3rd, 2018 (2:05 AM). Edited October 3rd, 2018 by Dragon.
    Dragon's Avatar
    Dragon Dragon is online now
     
    Join Date: Sep 2013
    Location: Viridian City
    Age: 26
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Gentle
    Posts: 10,172
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Amy May View Post
    I'm posting here because I can't figure out if there's a "report" function... plus I know my post made would be considered "mini modding" so I'm also turning myself in.

    I know in the standard Pokecommunity rules there's also one against advertising... but to what point would you be refering?

    In my Bugs/Glitches/Exploits thread I had a case of advertising with a member recomending people to go somewhere else. :(
    Hiiiii, it’s been taken care of, and yeah for future reference, Unsolicited advertising isn’t allowed in our community unless it’s relevant to the post/thread at hand. I don’t think he harboured any ill will but I edited it out all the same.

    The report button rests on the top right hand of each post, usually indicated by an explanation mark (!). You can also PM the moderator of the board if there’s any issues (like in Past Gen case, myself or Nah if you’d like some assistance there.
    __________________
    Reply With Quote
      #3   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old October 3rd, 2018 (4:15 AM).
    Amy May Amy May is offline
    Banned
       
      Join Date: Jun 2018
      Age: 33
      Gender: Female
      Nature: Quirky
      Posts: 208
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
      Hiiiii, it’s been taken care of, and yeah for future reference, Unsolicited advertising isn’t allowed in our community unless it’s relevant to the post/thread at hand. I don’t think he harboured any ill will but I edited it out all the same.

      The report button rests on the top right hand of each post, usually indicated by an explanation mark (!). You can also PM the moderator of the board if there’s any issues (like in Past Gen case, myself or Nah if you’d like some assistance there.
      Ok, thank you very much I appreciate it. :)
      ... I also deleted my post afterwards to reflect that.

      Oh jeaze i didn't notice the "!" over there until you pointed it out! x.x
      ... I'll remember that for now on, thank you again. :)
      Reply With Quote
        #4   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old October 3rd, 2018 (3:39 PM). Edited October 3rd, 2018 by Liquid Halo.
      Liquid Halo's Avatar
      Liquid Halo Liquid Halo is offline
      Fallen
         
        Join Date: Apr 2011
        Age: 32
        Gender: Female
        Nature: Lonely
        Posts: 168
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Amy May View Post
        I'm posting here because I can't figure out if there's a "report" function... plus I know my post made would be considered "mini modding" so I'm also turning myself in.

        I know in the standard Pokecommunity rules there's also one against advertising... but to what point would you be refering?

        In my Bugs/Glitches/Exploits thread I had a case of advertising with a member recomending people to go somewhere else. :(
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
        Hiiiii, it’s been taken care of, and yeah for future reference, Unsolicited advertising isn’t allowed in our community unless it’s relevant to the post/thread at hand. I don’t think he harboured any ill will but I edited it out all the same.

        The report button rests on the top right hand of each post, usually indicated by an explanation mark (!). You can also PM the moderator of the board if there’s any issues (like in Past Gen case, myself or Nah if you’d like some assistance there.
        Damn. >_< I apologize, I meant no harm.
        I felt it was relevant as it was content that added visuals to the topic of glitches as well as entertainment.

        Honest mistake. I'm not very active and didn't realize I was committing a violation. Nor have I had this experience before to give me a sense of wariness.
        __________________


        Reply With Quote
          #5   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
        Old October 3rd, 2018 (4:06 PM). Edited October 3rd, 2018 by Amy May.
        Amy May Amy May is offline
        Banned
           
          Join Date: Jun 2018
          Age: 33
          Gender: Female
          Nature: Quirky
          Posts: 208
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Liquid Halo View Post
          I apologize, I meant no harm.
          I felt it was relevant as it was content that added visuals to the topic of glitches as well as entertainment.
          Honest mistake. I'm not very active and didn't realize I was committing a violation.
          But in doing so, you're pretty much also telling people reading my thread to skip this and go over there instead... I'm not angry (a little hurt tbh), just please try to understand where I come from.

          Me and just Me alone (with that thread) put so much time.. effort.. testing.. double checking.. fool proofing.. editing beyond belief.. even going all the way to the point of reviewing and evaluating all my notes in my crumbled up note book from when i was a teen, very hardcore, and doing it the most. I deeply care about every piece of information and tutorial i provide and pour myself into everything i do.
          - If you poured that much of yourself into a project inorder to try to help others in your community, it may not be very welcoming having someone tell people to go to somewhere else... like what you did is a piece of junk.

          Like i said though, i'm not angry at all, so no hard feelings.... ok? :)
          Reply With Quote
            #6   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
          Old October 3rd, 2018 (4:37 PM). Edited October 3rd, 2018 by Liquid Halo.
          Liquid Halo's Avatar
          Liquid Halo Liquid Halo is offline
          Fallen
             
            Join Date: Apr 2011
            Age: 32
            Gender: Female
            Nature: Lonely
            Posts: 168
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Amy May View Post
            But in doing so, you're pretty much also telling people reading my thread to skip this and go over there instead... I'm not angry (a little hurt tbh), just please try to understand where I come from.

            Me and just Me alone (with that thread) put so much time.. effort.. testing.. double checking.. fool proofing.. editing beyond belief.. even going all the way to the point of reviewing and evaluating all my notes in my crumbled up note book from when i was a teen, very hardcore, and doing it the most. I deeply care about every piece of information and tutorial i provide and pour myself into everything i do.
            - If you poured that much of yourself into a project inorder to try to help others in your community, it may not be very welcoming having someone tell people to go to somewhere else... like what you did is a piece of junk.

            Like i said though, i'm not angry at all, so no hard feelings.... ok? :)
            Of course, I understand. I've just never had something like this happen to me before, so it was a bit of a shock.
            I do know what it means to pour oneself into a project, hell, I pour myself into simple posts like this because I'm a bit anal about my wording. Which can be very frustrating. XD

            I once got irritated with a moderator at Bulbagarden forums because a review I posted for the Mewtwo/Genosect movie was deleted without warning I believe because I'd necroposted.
            I get some communities don't like necroposting and I have a bad habit of not checking thread dates which is on me but just close the thread, even give me an official warning but don't delete my post! I can literally spend hours on a post!

            Even more recently, I had a thread at another fandom forum bombarded by shipwarriors (shipwarers? no, what is the word?).

            Alright, not exactly the same concept but the point is I have been in that vicinity.

            Your thread is amazing and I thought I was adding to it.
            I'm glad we're alright.
            I believe I've contributed to your thread all I can for now so I'll take my leave.
            __________________


            Reply With Quote
              #7   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
            Old October 4th, 2018 (6:37 AM).
            adventure's Avatar
            adventure adventure is offline
             
            Join Date: Nov 2007
            Gender: Other
            Nature: Naive
            Posts: 31,573
            This is a very sweet thread n__n glad you could communicate and understand!

            Fyi, necroposting usually not an offense on PokéCommunity Forums, except for where special sections have put special local rules in a pinned thread within. And whenever a post is deleted or moved, we try to leave an explanation unless the reason should be blatant. Hope we're doing an ok job with that, in general!
            Reply With Quote
              #8   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
            Old October 10th, 2018 (3:43 PM).
            Liquid Halo's Avatar
            Liquid Halo Liquid Halo is offline
            Fallen
               
              Join Date: Apr 2011
              Age: 32
              Gender: Female
              Nature: Lonely
              Posts: 168
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by adventure View Post
              This is a very sweet thread n__n glad you could communicate and understand!

              Fyi, necroposting usually not an offense on PokCommunity Forums, except for where special sections have put special local rules in a pinned thread within. And whenever a post is deleted or moved, we try to leave an explanation unless the reason should be blatant. Hope we're doing an ok job with that, in general!
              Awesome to know, thanx Adventure.
              __________________


              Reply With Quote
              Reply

              Quick Reply

              Join the conversation!

              Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

              Create a PokéCommunity Account
              Ad Content
              Thread Tools

              Posting Rules
              You may not post new threads
              You may not post replies
              You may not post attachments
              You may not edit your posts

              BB code is On
              Smilies are On
              [IMG] code is On
              HTML code is Off

              Forum Jump


              All times are GMT -8. The time now is 6:52 AM.