• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Map] Map looks dimmer/night/darker after connection

Years
  • Age 58
  • Seen Oct 4, 2020
Hello!

I tried to search to see if this has been a problem for anyone else, but I got no results. I'm currently working on a map in Advance Map 1.95. Whenever I transition from my starting town to Route 1 (using a connection), it seems as if the screen dims, or as if it's transitioning from day to night.

rGU1UjD.png

8TNzB2B.png

I am using a patched FireRed 1.0 using the Rom Base 2.0 pack. If it's helpful to note, I made my starting town map from scratch, and just edited the Route 1 map from the actual Route 1 map in the game.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Aug 6, 2022
I think the problem may be the base ROM file.

I made an entire hack with the regular fire red 1.0 and had no issues. But my current project is based off of the leon and ultimasoul base and i've had the same problem. I have found that if you go to the header tab, in the map options section, changing the "type" dropdown to "inside" fixes the dimming issue. Idk what other gameplay problems it could present but I haven't run into any yet.

Back