• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PERSONA

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
shin-megami-tensei-persona-wallpaper-1-1280x1024.jpg

Does anyone play the Persona Games? If so, which versions do you have, and which ones are your favourite? Which character's are your favorite? Why do you like playing the Persona games, and what morals that they teach stood out to you the most?

I pretty much have Persona 3 and Persona 4, with Persona 4 being my favourite of course. Youske is a goof ball, and Yukiko is so beautiful~

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 12, 2014
I have Persona 3: FES, Persona 4, and Persona 3: Portable.

Currently playing through Portable right now and I have to say, it's a good challenge. It's a nice change of pace to play a game with visual novel elements, and the music, art, and battle system are all top notch. Can't wait to clear it so I can give Persona 4 a go.

As for favourite characters, I really like Arisato's design. It's so... awesome.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Have I played any of the Persona games? Well considering P3 and P4 are amongst my favourite games, I'm pretty sure I have.

My favourite character? Definitely Naoto (second only to Lisa)
There's a ton of reasons as to why I love her as a character:
  • One, her shadow basically deconstructs the "Kid Detective" trope with how she's treated as a kid by her coworkers.
  • Two, her shadow in general. I love how, at the start of the pre-battle cutscene, she's crying about not wanting to be left alone, then shifts to the more familiar attitudes of shadow selves after Naoto mentions how she's implying they're one and the same.
  • Her social link. Basically, she teams up with the player to catch a mysterious phantom thief, leading to her acknowledging her passion for investigating for the truth, rather than her family's name.
  • Her dungeon. Secret Laboratory is one of my favourite dungeons for four reasons: the design, the bgm, the midboss, and Shadow Naoto herself.
  • She's just so cute sometimes

Sukisu

Dark Trainer
Years
I have Persona PSP, Persona 2: Innocent Sin PSP, Persona 2: Eternal Punishment PS, Persona 3, Persona 3: FES, Persona 3: Portable, and Persona 4.

Honestly have to say Persona 3: FES is my favorite since it gives closure for it. For me I like the main Protagonist for his sacrifice. And Junpei...............such a suave funny guy lol. Another fave of mine is Chie from Persona 4.

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
Years
Wooo! I had to jump on this as soon as I saw it.

Does anyone play the Persona Games?

Most Definitely!

If so, which versions do you have, and which ones are your favourite?

Amazingly, I own Persona: Revelations, Persona 2 Innocent Sin (PS1 and PSP ver.), Persona 2 Eternal Punishment (PS1 ver.), Persona 3: FES, P3P, Persona 4, and Persona 4 Golden. My favorite out of all of them would have to be Persona 2: Innocent Sin, for too many reasons to count.

Which character's are your favorite?

From Persona 1, that'd be Chris, Mary, and Ellen
I love every character in Persona 2....but favorites would be Jun, Eikichi, and Yuki
From Persona 3, I love Mitsuru, Junpei, and Shinjiro
And finally, I love Kanji, Naoto, and Ryotaro from Persona 4.

Why do you like playing the Persona games, and what morals that they teach stood out to you the most?

I like playing the Persona games because they are an extension of the SMT games, which I started playing first. I really love the battle system, and the inclusion of mythical beings from all sorts of religions and cultures. The thing that makes Persona especially stand out is that the characters are really fleshed out, and I am really big on character development. I suppose Persona has taught (more like reminded me) that friends empower you throughout life, and can be the strength you need to make it through life's many trials.

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
Years
My first game was is Persona 3 Portable in the Persona series, I LOOOVED IT right away. I tried playing P4 for the ps2 but it was a bit difficult for me, and I was borrowing it from a friend, then I got a Vita and I bought P4G as my first game for the system, I LOOOVED IT right away again haha. but I cant wait until the next Persona, I tried P2 Innocent Sin on the PSP. Buutt never finished it.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I absolutely love the Persona series, though I've only ever finished Persona 4 and Golden. I'm currently crawling my way through FES (though I just got the undub so my progress might speed up), and I'm somewhere at the beginning of 2 (Part 1) and 1, but I'm hoping to finish 'em one day.

My favorite (and first) Persona game was Persona 4 (and later, Persona 4 Golden). I just absolutely loved the characters in this game. The game went out of the way to create these characters whose problem's were very real, as were their personalities, and because you spent so much time with them, they connected with both the player and the MC on a personal level. The story was great as well, and I especially loved the twists and turns it often took, without ever trying too hard to be incredibly shocking.

My favorite character? Well, Marie's up there, since she was such an enjoyable addition to the series (and she was cute as well, especially in terms of personality). I also really liked Kanji, largely because of his character but also because of his voice actor's performance, they just blended together so well to make a believable character.

Persona 4 was my entry into the Shin Megami Tensei series, and I bought it back in 2008 because my friend wouldn't stop telling me how good it was. So I bought it, got stuck, and sold it. I wasn't used to a Turn-Based RPG that was so difficult...that's what I thought at the time, at least. I really enjoyed the outside-of-battle portions, but the dungeons just crushed me again and again. About a year or two later I picked it up again and started from the beginning, this time using the fusion mechanics and what not, often trying to finish the dungeons in one day or two days rather than spreading it out over a few days or waiting until the last day. Just taking advantage of the fusion mechanic made and not skipping entire floors made it all so much easier, and the game became...not a cakewalk, but not difficult, either. I don't really know what changed in me to make me do that, probably just started thinking more logically. But the best part was that I was having fun in the dungeons now, and I was having fun in general.

Interestingly enough, SMT:Persona 4 wasn't my first SMT game, that title belonged to Demikids which, for the longest time I didn't even know was a Shin Megami Tensei. Regardless, since Persona 4, I've had an avid interest in the SMT games, and I've played quite a few of them since. It's a great series, and it's introduced me to different religions and folklore, and just has great gameplay in general, so I guess that'd be the reason I play.

Zet

Years
I own Persona 3: FES, Persona 4, and Persona 4 Golden. I do plan to get P3P eventually but I'm hoping a Vita port will be made with better everything features.

Persona 4 Golden is definitely my favorite, even though it's not as dark as Persona 3: FES. As for favorite character, that's hard to say.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I LOVE Persona games...
I started with P3P and instantly fell in love with those games =)
Then I played P3FES to continue P3 storyline and two days ago, I finished P4.
I'm planning to import Japanese P4G because I'm addicted to Japanese voices.
Especially in P4, P4 had AWESOME Japanese voice cast.

My favorite character is by far Minato. He's imo the most epic MC in any game I've ever played :D
But I like every character from Persona series :D I especially like how every game pairs almost every character to someone :D

@Zet: Get P3P as PSP game for Vita :D

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
I'm only into it because of the gynoids... that's literally it. I like that whole 'inhumane supernatural research organisation' trope, possibly since Elfen Lied was my first anime. I got P3P this February but haven't completed it yet. I guess it's something about JRPGs in general — I never complete them.

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 12, 2014

I'm planning to import Japanese P4G because I'm addicted to Japanese voices.
Especially in P4, P4 had AWESOME Japanese voice cast.

Why not just get an undub version of P4G?
I thought about doing that for P3P, but I'm kind of afraid I might lose my save for some reason. Lol.

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 12, 2014
'cause P4G is for Vita...
And unfortunately, Vita does not allow the same piracy as PSP... :/
I would love to have undub P4G but... for the reason above, I cannot have that :/
I see...
Well, I don't see how patching games is considered piracy if you own the game.

Back