• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TV Forgotten cartoons

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 10, 2024
Wander Over Yonder.

A fantastic animated series prematurely cancelled by an uncaring corporation, so it technically counts as a forgotten cartoon.

The amount of homages in Season 2 and Lord Dominator being a phenomenal villain made the experience that more worthwhile.

The show had many funny and heartwarming moments.

Both Wander and Sylvia, as well as Hater and Peepers, were effective duos that contrasted each other quite well. Their actors delivered fantastic performances and sounded like they enjoyed their roles.

I hope, at the very least, the show makes it to Disney+ for future audiences to tune in at any given time.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Insektors. For about a decade, I had the ending tune in my head every now and then but I had no recollection of from where it came - only that there was creatures and color and dirt and possibly bugs in a tv show - until a year or two ago when someone here on PC finally understood what I was rambling about haha.

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
Years
Anyone remember Courage the Cowardly Dog? I remember catching some episodes as a kid, mainly the one with the blue thing that said "You're not Perfect." *Shudders* Gives me chills to this day.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Anyone remember Courage the Cowardly Dog? I remember catching some episodes as a kid, mainly the one with the blue thing that said "You're not Perfect." *Shudders* Gives me chills to this day.

Wouldn't exactly call it forgotten but more so extremely underrated. That show deserved more recognition for the subtle nuances that go unnoticed by little kids. Re-watch as a Teen or an Adult and you're like damn this was better than I thought.

I do have a couple more submissions for relatively forgotten Cartoons from CN's early days. I believe both are on their Boomerang service that they run now but here's their intro's. For the first one, if anyone wanted to be a military pilot then this may have had an impact on you if you saw it.

As for the 2nd one, this one definitely was a forerunner for CGI animated series. Really underrated show I felt at the time too.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Anyone remember Mr. Meaty? I had forgotten how weird and uncanny it was until today.

I didn't watch much Nick back then save for one show... and its kind of self-explanatory as to why *cough* Avatar: Last Airbender *cough* That said, I do recall that show and it wasn't that bad either.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
Woah had no idea people still posted in this

Wander Over Yonder.

A fantastic animated series prematurely cancelled by an uncaring corporation, so it technically counts as a forgotten cartoon.

The amount of homages in Season 2 and Lord Dominator being a phenomenal villain made the experience that more worthwhile.

The show had many funny and heartwarming moments.

Both Wander and Sylvia, as well as Hater and Peepers, were effective duos that contrasted each other quite well. Their actors delivered fantastic performances and sounded like they enjoyed their roles.

I hope, at the very least, the show makes it to Disney+ for future audiences to tune in at any given time.

Is it weird that I actually predicted someone would mention this? That said, I'm a fan of that cartoon too! Actually got into it after it was cancelled but it's really good for the reasons you said, had great animation and whatnot. I'm still hoping that a third season will come someday...

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
I would have to say Invader Zim, Rocko's Modern Life, Rocket Power and CatDog. Pretty much 90's Nickelodeon. I never watched anything else.

Years
American Dragon was most certainly an interesting cartoon to watch, so I'd agree on that not being watched/remembered by a lot of people.

also idk how many people remember the Jetsons these days but man....

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Gargoyles! I had a dream about it two nights ago and I couldn't believe I forgot that show. I don't actually remember anything about it but I know it's a 90s show that never really got the appreciation it deserved.

pkmin3033

Mummies Alive! was a pretty obscure one that I absolutely loved as a kid...they used to show re-runs on ITV in the mornings. Catchy theme song, great cast, and from what I remember it was pretty funny at times as well.

Beast Wars is a pretty divisive show that got mostly forgotten outside of its few fans once they started airing "proper" Transformers cartoons again, but to me it represents the pinnacle of the entire Transformers franchise. Limited budget for the CGI and the need to tie it in with the toyline resulted in a pretty dark and oddly compelling, character-driven show where both heroes and villains were being killed off with alarming frequency. As a kid I loved the action, as an adult I love the narrative...and David Kaye is the voice of Megatron and nothing anyone says will ever convince me otherwise, yesssss.

Biker Mice From Mars and Thundercats aren't quite as obscure, although they'd be better off if they were, because the only reason they aren't is that both got absolutely AWFUL seasons in the 2000s. He-Man and the Masters of the Universe did as well, and that was one of the best shows of the early 2000s that never got the recognition it deserved I think...too bad it never got that third season.

Also, STREET SHARKS. Street Sharks were literally the coolest thing ever when I was a kid, but they seem to have been largely forgotten by time...there was also Extreme Dinosaurs, which was a spinoff of Street Sharks, making it even more obscure. xD

Years
I have heard of most of the television shows named here actually.

One I remember that I haven't seen mentioned yet though is KaBLAM. It was a cartoon show that ran on Nickelodeon. The format was like you were inside of a comic book with it's hosts Henry and June, and it had lots of different animation segments within it. They were each their own story. So it was cartoons within a cartoon. A lot of them were kinda cynical and oddball skits, my favorites being Action League Now, which was a parody of other super hero shows like The Justice League, and also Angela Anaconda-- I thought the art style with the cut out of photographs and use of magazines was interesting to watch as kid, and made me always want go make a collage. I guess that's what I liked about Action League Now too, it was stop motion animation, and I liked that it was different! It was like all my toys had come to life.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I have heard of most of the television shows named here actually.

One I remember that I haven't seen mentioned yet though is KaBLAM. It was a cartoon show that ran on Nickelodeon. The format was like you were inside of a comic book with it's hosts Henry and June, and it had lots of different animation segments within it. They were each their own story. So it was cartoons within a cartoon. A lot of them were kinda cynical and oddball skits, my favorites being Action League Now, which was a parody of other super hero shows like The Justice League, and also Angela Anaconda-- I thought the art style with the cut out of photographs and use of magazines was interesting to watch as kid, and made me always want go make a collage. I guess that's what I liked about Action League Now too, it was stop motion animation, and I liked that it was different! It was like all my toys had come to life.

Kablam was my jam back then! "Sniz and Fondue" and "Prometheus and Bob" were my absolute faves. But I also loved "Action League Now!". That show was hilarious back then.

I was super happy when Paramount+ brought it back! Didn't realise they did 4 seasons. I'm currently on Season 3.

pkmin3033

Going a little more modern...anyone remember this?

This was actually a REALLY good show, with some strong character development and a really appealing art style.

I'll be surprised if anyone has heard of this one:

Years

This was actually a REALLY good show, with some strong character development and a really appealing art style.

I have 100% heard of both of these!!!!!!! Absolutely loved them both, man that Poddington Peas intro truly never leaves the subconscious, huh...

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
Years
  • Age 24
  • Ohio
  • Seen Mar 24, 2023
Oh man, I just remembered another one - Brandy & Mr. Whiskers! It's not even on Disney+, that's how forgotten it is!

(The monkey's paw episode scared the muk out of me as a kid)

Years

I have 100% heard of both of these!!!!!!! Absolutely loved them both, man that Poddington Peas intro truly never leaves the subconscious, huh...

I still find myself singing it to this day. GET OUT OF MY HEAD PEAS!

Oh man, I just remembered another one - Brandy & Mr. Whiskers! It's not even on Disney+, that's how forgotten it is!

(The monkey's paw episode scared the muk out of me as a kid)

Is it really not on D+?

Wow. I used to watch it when it was on Disney Channel :)

Back