• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Film Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today

The first trailer for the highly anticipated final chapter of the Skywalker Star Wars saga is here.

Thoughts?

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Interesting name for the final film. Pretty much spills the beans that Rey is indeed a Skywalker(meaning our Kylo Ren is unlikely to swap loyalties back, even though he's related to Rey). Lando coming back is a mild surprise but then again he owned the Falcon before Han. If he can come back though... I want Ahsoka Tano goddamnit.

Last edited:

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
Total guess, but I'm taking the title as meaning either a) Kylo Ren's redemption on some level, b) the curse of Palpatine on the Skywalker family finally being removed or c) the name for the Force users that will replace the Jedi/Sith dichotomy at the movie's end, the Skywalkers.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Episode III and IX should've switched subtitles to make it more fitting. The Rise of the Skywalker fits into the ending of Episode III, while Revenge of the Sith fits into Palpatine's sudden return in Episode IX.

Years
YEEEESSSSSSS

It's too exciting. Seeing The Last Jedi in cinemas was a riot, and it's one of my favourite films because of how utterly fun it was. I've got a lot of faith in J.J Abrams and everyone responsible for making The Rise of Skywalker. They've always exceeded my expectations.

And seeing Billy Dee is going to be brilliant.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
While Kylo Ren is a descendant of Skywalker, Leia took the last name of Solo when she married Han. So "technically" Kylo Ren isn't a Skywalker but a Solo. What I take the title to be is that Rey is Luke's Daughter(which beg's the question who the bloody hell is the mother?!!) and she becomes a legendary Force wielder since the Jedi Order was destroyed in Episode 8. It's not out of the realm of possibility that Kylo redeems himself much in the manner that his Grandfather did but that would make for a dull movie without a Lightsaber battle like in Episode 3 and 6.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
While Kylo Ren is a descendant of Skywalker, Leia took the last name of Solo when she married Han. So "technically" Kylo Ren isn't a Skywalker but a Solo. What I take the title to be is that Rey is Luke's Daughter(which beg's the question who the bloody hell is the mother?!!) and she becomes a legendary Force wielder since the Jedi Order was destroyed in Episode 8. It's not out of the realm of possibility that Kylo redeems himself much in the manner that his Grandfather did but that would make for a dull movie without a Lightsaber battle like in Episode 3 and 6.

Leia took the name of Organa when she was adopted by Bail right after she and Luke were born. So "technically" Kylo Ren is half a Skywalker and half a Solo.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
To make us suspect she was a Skywalker in Episode 7, to later reveal that she was just a nobody in Episode 8, and then twist it so she's actually a Skywalker after all in Episode 9 would be really shitty writing.

I really like the idea Adri proposes, that the Sith/Jedi thing is replaced with the Skywalker order or something after this!

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Leia took the name of Organa when she was adopted by Bail right after she and Luke were born. So "technically" Kylo Ren is half a Skywalker and half a Solo.

She took the name Organa to be hidden from the Emperor. If her true identity were known, she would have been killed. Its possible that Kylo could adopt the Skywalker name instead of Solo(due to Kylo's admiration of his Grandfather) but not all souls are redeemable. It would be cliche and regurgitating Episode 6 if Kylo turns back to the good side again and hence I see him falling to Rey or someone else in the end.

I just want to see Ahsoka Tano on the big screen(and not in Animated form like in the movie Clone Wars). There is also the possibility of seeing Star Wars Rebels figures such as Sabine Wren, Hera Sendulla and notably Ezra Bridger(where if you watched the end of Season 4, you will know why I bring him up). Hera had a cameo in Rogue One, albeit over the loudspeaker but still a cameo nonetheless so if she or anyone I noted appear in Episode 9, its not really that big of a surprise.

Vragon2.0

Say it with me (Vray-gun)
Years
To make us suspect she was a Skywalker in Episode 7, to later reveal that she was just a nobody in Episode 8, and then twist it so she's actually a Skywalker after all in Episode 9 would be really mukty writing.

Episodes 7 and 8 weren't written to follow the same story path and it seems like 9 is supposed to fix that, which yeah is pretty bad writing. I will say I'm rather annoyed if Palpatine is back because that alone has problems and I hate to say that for once I'm not really excited by the trailer.

Like, it has some nice little action shots, but from what I've really invested in this new trilogy and honestly the result I got, I'm finding it hard to honestly go for it. Like, I'll probably give it a chance, but my hopes aren't that high.

tigertron

Pokémon Master
Years
It's a good trailer but I'm just not looking forward to it. TLJ killed my interest in the ST.

I'm looking forward to TCW season 7 though.

Back