Male
Australia
Seen 51 Minutes Ago
Posted 18 Hours Ago
20,335 posts
7.5 Years
Spoiler:
This sounds like fun, I'm in!
One questions though, what happens when a lot of people suggest the same shows? That could lead to a lot of people watching the same thing, or even someone getting the same show they suggested.
Or what happens if someone gets a show they've already watched?

With my luck I'll probably get something with like 300 episodes lol.
I'll PM the shows I want to suggest later!
Sign me up, this could be fun!
Joining! I’ll pm my list later today when I can.
I guess I'll jump into this! Will send my list in tomorrow, but looking forward to hopefully branching out into some new stuff.
Thumbs up to whoever suggested The Promised Neverland! It has a killer OP and it's been on my shortlist of things to watch ever since I heard it. Probably going to jump into it as soon as I get home from work tonight!
I'll see about getting in on the next one. Already knew I wouldn't have time for this one. Have fun, everyone!

Hey guys, today is the last day for the first round of the event. Any final thoughts on your show?

Also, since this was so successful (and fun), I've decided to do a second round. So if you guys are up for another round, I'll be leaving another week to sign up and add three more series to the pool. Just post here to let know if you're in for the next round and then DM me with your next three series for the RNG pool as before.

donavannj

Age 28
Male
'cause it get cold like Minnesota
Seen 23 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
22,369 posts
14.6 Years
I'm in if I can think of 3 series and remember to PM you them.
whoops

Brendino

New Horizons
Seen 50 Minutes Ago
Posted 14 Hours Ago
8,300 posts
9.9 Years
Hey guys, today is the last day for the first round of the event. Any final thoughts on your show?
Finished up The Promised Neverland last night, and even though I had a few small issues with things here and there, overall it was a great watch, and I'll definitely be checking out the second season when it comes out in the new year.

Like I said before, the pace was a little strange at points, and certain things were easy to predict, but the characters were really well done, so I was able to look past all of that (well, except for the fact that even as smart as some of them are, there's no way a group of kids under the age of 12 should be able to do the things they did). I also love that season 2 will literally be a blank slate for the kids, and I'm interested to see how they react to their new surroundings!

Also, since this was so successful (and fun), I've decided to do a second round. So if you guys are up for another round, I'll be leaving another week to sign up and add three more series to the pool. Just post here to let know if you're in for the next round and then DM me with your next three series for the RNG pool as before.
The next couple weeks are going to be really busy as I'm shifting to a new position at work, so I'll sit this one out. Hopefully this will be a recurring event though, because I definitely want to give this another try at some point!

Sheep

Female
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 1 Hour Ago
Just watched the first episode of Gosick and I like it as much as I thought I would. Really enjoyed the pop-up book style opening, Victorique is adorable, and the setting is gorgeous. Studio Bones handling it is one of the best things to ask for. 👍 Great animation/flow.

I'll be continuing this until I finish. Can't believe this gem passed me by for so long!!

sheep x bobandbill 5ever

gimmepie

Age 24
Male
Australia
Seen 51 Minutes Ago
Posted 18 Hours Ago
20,335 posts
7.5 Years
Spoiler:
hey GP, I’m in!

remind me in like 12 hours if I haven’t messaged you by then
Just watched the first episode of Gosick and I like it as much as I thought I would. Really enjoyed the pop-up book style opening, Victorique is adorable, and the setting is gorgeous. Studio Bones handling it is one of the best things to ask for. 👍 Great animation/flow.

I'll be continuing this until I finish. Can't believe this gem passed me by for so long!!
Reached episode 7 of Higurashi. There was a BIG plot twist a couple of episodes ago that took me completely by surprise and the mistery is getting pretty interesting to examine and trying to piece together.

Just a reminder that if you're in for this round I'll need three more series to add to the pool by the end of the week.

the_fast_reader

Overanalyzing Pokemon for 20 years

Female
Italy
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
542 posts
87 Days
I had a lot of fun and will finish watching at my pace but I think I will sit the next round out, I'll be a bit busy next weeks and I don't like to have too many shows to catch up/follow and Higurashi with Doctor Stone and now My Hero Academia will keep me occupied for a while.

I had a lot of fun though and will definitely follow this topic and what anime are chosen this time and look forward to participate if we do this event again!
My VPP

Bellsprout @ 463
Hatch @ 478
Victreebell @ Level 100: 613

gimmepie

Age 24
Male
Australia
Seen 51 Minutes Ago
Posted 18 Hours Ago
20,335 posts
7.5 Years
Spoiler:

hey GP, I’m in!

I'm in for round 2!

Alright, gonna start us off just a bit early since I don't think anybody new is joining. The round ends on October 7th. Your shows are below.

gimmepie - Black Lagoon
LucarioBread - Saekano
Sheep - Kokoro Connect
Donavannj - Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san
Superjolt - Pandora Hearts

MysticalNinetales

Age 18
Female
Canada
Seen 14 Hours Ago
Posted 14 Hours Ago
590 posts
1.8 Years
Is it too late to sign up for round 2?! If not, I'm in!

donavannj

Age 28
Male
Seen 23 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
22,369 posts
14.6 Years
Oh, nice, I've been meaning to watch Takagi-San anyway, just been procrastinating on actually watching it.
whoops

gimmepie

Age 24
Male
Australia
Seen 51 Minutes Ago
Posted 18 Hours Ago
20,335 posts
7.5 Years
Technically yes, but screw it. We're only just starting.
You RNGd Zombieland Saga. If you've already seen it let me know and I can re-roll for you.

Oh, nice, I've been meaning to watch Takagi-San anyway, just been procrastinating on actually watching it.
I'm in the same boat with Black Lagoon lol.
I actually finished Takagi-San's second season just last week. Honestly the show is surprisingly good.

MysticalNinetales

Age 18
Female
Canada
Seen 14 Hours Ago
Posted 14 Hours Ago
590 posts
1.8 Years
Alright, thank you! I'll start watching it right away!

Sheep

Female
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 1 Hour Ago
An anime involving body switches? oh my lol
Interested in seeing what this is about, thanks!

sheep x bobandbill 5ever

gimmepie

Age 24
Male
Australia
Seen 51 Minutes Ago
Posted 18 Hours Ago
20,335 posts
7.5 Years
An anime involving body switches? oh my lol
Interested in seeing what this is about, thanks!
It's very good. I hope you like it.

As for my own show, I started Black Lagoon earlier and I'm now up to ep 4. It's been fun so far and I'm curious to see what direction it goes for the remainder of the show.

donavannj

Age 28
Male
Seen 23 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
22,369 posts
14.6 Years
I started Takagi-san, and I'm having difficulty making it through episode 1 because I can see the gags coming from a mile away, because the setup is too heavy.
whoops

Sheep

Female
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 1 Hour Ago
Just finished the first episode of Kokoro Connect and wow, they sure didn't waste any time with throwing the plot right at you. Really amusing. Definitely curious about how this will play out and eventually end.

The ending song is super cute. :heart:

sheep x bobandbill 5ever

gimmepie

Age 24
Male
Australia
Seen 51 Minutes Ago
Posted 18 Hours Ago
20,335 posts
7.5 Years
Spoiler:

hey GP, I’m in!

I'm in for round 2!

Just a reminder that we're about half way through the second round now.
Hope you're all enjoying your shows.

gimmepie

Age 24
Male
Australia
Seen 51 Minutes Ago
Posted 18 Hours Ago
20,335 posts
7.5 Years
I'm not quite done with Black Lagoon yet, I've got like two episodes to go still. So far though, I've really been enjoying it. I wouldn't go as far as to call it a masterpiece like the last show I got, but the action is fun and the characters are interesting explorations of morality/amorality and circumstance and it's cool seeing the interplay between Rock and Revy. There's a particular few episodes that I really want to draw attention to though. Firstly, the saga with the nazis. During that, I really enjoyed the way that the original German soldiers were largely portrayed as just ordinary dudes in the military of a mukty government (obvious exceptions excluded) while the modern day neo nazi's were portrayed as cartoonishly evil because they choose to take on such a psyducked up ideology. You don't see that much. The interplay between Rock and Levy and Dutch and Benny was also excellent. The following episode that saw Rock and Revy basically running errands was my favourite of the show thus far though, because it was extremely good character building that piggy-backed very well off the previous episodes.

Also the opening and ending themes are great.
Male
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
79 posts
84 Days
I finally finished Yona last week after returning from my trip and I absolutely loved it! I liked the vast majority of the charaters, they were written quite well.
Spoiler:
Heck, even Su Won who we're supposed to hate as the main antagonist, I absolutely loved.

I also watched the OVAs and maaaan, the onion-cutting ninjas were at it again. Shame that another season most likely isn't happening :/
Overall, whoever put this in the pool, THANK YOU SO MUCH, I never would've picked it up otherwise.

Saekano, on the other hand, I'm having trouble getting through.
As much as I like Katou (and Utaha to an extent), the MC is very annoying and keeps pissing me off more and more the further I go. When he said the line "But I just want to be myself" with absolutely 0 self-awareness, I had to pause the episode, get up and walk around the room for a bit to calm down. I'll finish the anime since I have only 4 more episodes to go and unless he receives some good character development, he's going to my top 10 least favorite anime characters list, maybe within top 5 even.
Other than that, the show isn't terrible and has some quite enjoyable moments.

donavannj

Age 28
Male
Seen 23 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
22,369 posts
14.6 Years
Still struggling through that first episode for the same reasons I mentioned in the last post. It's hard for me to sit through comedy gags that are telegraphed from a mile away, even if they're cutesy and funny.

Saekano, on the other hand, I'm having trouble getting through.
As much as I like Katou (and Utaha to an extent), the MC is very annoying and keeps pissing me off more and more the further I go. When he said the line "But I just want to be myself" with absolutely 0 self-awareness, I had to pause the episode, get up and walk around the room for a bit to calm down. I'll finish the anime since I have only 4 more episodes to go and unless he receives some good character development, he's going to my top 10 least favorite anime characters list, maybe within top 5 even.
Other than that, the show isn't terrible and has some quite enjoyable moments.
Dude is deliberately written with 0 self-awareness in the early going. He's basically got the same social awareness as the most extreme otaku reading the novels.
whoops
Male
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
79 posts
84 Days
Dude is deliberately written with 0 self-awareness in the early going. He's basically got the same social awareness as the most extreme otaku reading the novels.
I'm well aware of that, that's his main character trait after all. I just personally dislike him; from an objective standpoint, he's a well-written character.

I guess that's the charm of these lucky dips, sometimes you get something that suits your taste and sometimes you don't. This has been a fun experience overall, looking forward to the next round! :)
Advertiser Content