Seen 44 Minutes Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
753 posts
290 Days
Let's see if I can do this right...
Spoiler:

Name: Bruno Dillinger

Hometown: Saffron City

Appearance: He has black and shoulder height hair that he usually ties in a ponytail. He wears hoodies, blue jeans and sporty shoes. He has average height and he isn't that strong physically speaking, but he makes that up with his high intelligence. may post a pic latter idk

Family: His mother was a very famous Pokemon Coordinator from another region, but she traveled to Kanto in an attempt to escape from journalists. Some time later, she met a man who used to work in Saffron's Department Store as a security guard who later became her husband. Some months after their wedding, they had their only son, Bruno. However, just as in any big city, Saffron was plagued by crime; when Bruno was about ten years old, his father has framed by a crime he didn't commit, losing his job and sentencing him to many years of prison; he is still in jail and the witness who framed him had left Saffron days later. They also have a pet Meowth called Jackpot because I really do love cats.

Brieff Story: Bruno never had any remote interest in pokemon battling and being a trainer at first, however, after his dad was unfairly arrested, Bruno thought that if he became a trainer, he could travel the region by himself, and then he could find the real culprit and prove that his father was innocent all along, opening his father's case again.
When Professor Palm visited him in Saffron he wasn't sure about giving him the pass to the Trainer School due to his apathetic and serious attitude and his indifference towards being a professional pokemon trainer, but when Bruno told him his goal was to prove his father's innocence, he saw the determination he believed every pokemon trainer must have.

Personality: He acts as an apathetic and serious kid when he's around people he doesn't know well, but slowly softens up with people he is more confident with like his family or friends. He is very clever and it's said that he has some kind of detective instinct. He is very determined, and it is said that he acts too much like an adult, but on the inside he is still only a child. His adult-like personality has led him to not having much friends of his age.

Dreams or Aspirations: He wants to become a professional trainer so he could be able to travel around the entire region and use his reputation as a pokemon trainer to re-open his dad's case. Once that is done, he wants to become a private detective in Kanto so he can make sure no other incident like that happens again.

Hobbies: He likes playing with Jackpot and enjoys taking care of it. He also likes solving puzzles and making mind games.

Theme Song: Hard choice, ngl. Probably this one:

Starter: Gospel/Gastly (Male)

Roleplay Sample now I'm psyducked here bc I've never done this before. I'm also sleepy so if something doesn't make sense, you know why it is.

Spoiler:
Bruno entered the Detention Center's visitors room and sat quietly as the warden at the other side brought his father in. The room didn't look much different than the ones in the movies he had seen before; it was a narrow but tall room, it had a few small fenced windos at the top of the left and right walls, it had grey walls and they were made of pure concrete and didn't appear to be clean at all. Standing at his back, there were two wardens, they almost looked the same and didn't seem as if they could listen to the conversation.
His father sat down and smiled while he grabbed the small phone to talk to him, and Bruno did the same.
"Hi, dad." He said in a low voice.
"How are you, son?"
"I'm... fine. Just stopping by for my weekly visit. Mom's here as well, but the warden didn't let her pass. You know how it is, only one person at the time."
"Yeah, I know." There was a short silence, but his dad broke it by asking "How's everything at home? How's Jackpot?"
"Jackpie is fine. Making a mess in the house as always, but he is doing fine." Bruno said as he chuckled, thinking of the other day when Jackpot hid mom's Master Rank Contest ribbon for two months thinking it was one of his coins, she was all nervous and freaked out searching for the ribbon during both months and when she finally gave up with it, Jackpot just took it out under the sofa where he hid many of his coins.
"Ha, ha, ha. Yeah, yeah I imagined so"
"Also, Professor Palm came to visit as well some days ago. I've been accepted in Cerulean's Trainer School!"
"That's great, son! But why the sudden change of heart? I thought you didn't want to do anything with pokemon battling"
"That's right, and I'm still not interesed a lot in it, but I was thinking, maybe if I travel around the region by myself I might find the person who put you here, gather some information and open your case again..."
Once he listened to that, his dad's smile suddenly disappeared.
"Son... Bruno... we've talked about this before."
"I know... but it isn't fair at all."
"Bruno, fair or not I don't want you to interfere in this matter, please. You're my only son, and I don't know what will I or your mother do if something happened to you. You're still a child, after all"
"I know! I know I'm only a child! And I get that you're worried about me! But I too worry about you and I want you to return home with us!" he said with teary eyes "I may not be the strongest kid around, but if I have the chance to do things right and change things for good then I think I have to do it. We miss you, dad."
His dad started crying.
"You're just like your mother, aren't you? Once you make a decision, there's nothing holding you back." he calmed down and breathed. "It doesn't make me happy, just so you know. I still don't want you to get into any kind of trouble, but I don't think I'll be able to change your mind at all. I'm still very proud of who you've become."
One of the wardens at the door called Bruno and made some signals saying that the time was over and that it was her mom's turn now.
"I need to go. Listen, I'm going to take you out of here. I love you, dad."
"I love you too, son."

Hmmm...

Astronaut

space adventure

Non-binary
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Hours Ago
33,071 posts
11.9 Years
Let's see if I can do this right...
Spoiler:

Name: Bruno Dillinger

Hometown: Saffron City

Appearance: He has black and shoulder height hair that he usually ties in a ponytail. He wears hoodies, blue jeans and sporty shoes. He has average height and he isn't that strong physically speaking, but he makes that up with his high intelligence. may post a pic latter idk

Family: His mother was a very famous Pokemon Coordinator from another region, but she traveled to Kanto in an attempt to escape from journalists. Some time later, she met a man who used to work in Saffron's Department Store as a security guard who later became her husband. Some months after their wedding, they had their only son, Bruno. However, just as in any big city, Saffron was plagued by crime; when Bruno was about ten years old, his father has framed by a crime he didn't commit, losing his job and sentencing him to many years of prison; he is still in jail and the witness who framed him had left Saffron days later. They also have a pet Meowth called Jackpot because I really do love cats.

Brieff Story: Bruno never had any remote interest in pokemon battling and being a trainer at first, however, after his dad was unfairly arrested, Bruno thought that if he became a trainer, he could travel the region by himself, and then he could find the real culprit and prove that his father was innocent all along, opening his father's case again.
When Professor Palm visited him in Saffron he wasn't sure about giving him the pass to the Trainer School due to his apathetic and serious attitude and his indifference towards being a professional pokemon trainer, but when Bruno told him his goal was to prove his father's innocence, he saw the determination he believed every pokemon trainer must have.

Personality: He acts as an apathetic and serious kid when he's around people he doesn't know well, but slowly softens up with people he is more confident with like his family or friends. He is very clever and it's said that he has some kind of detective instinct. He is very determined, and it is said that he acts too much like an adult, but on the inside he is still only a child. His adult-like personality has led him to not having much friends of his age.

Dreams or Aspirations: He wants to become a professional trainer so he could be able to travel around the entire region and use his reputation as a pokemon trainer to re-open his dad's case. Once that is done, he wants to become a private detective in Kanto so he can make sure no other incident like that happens again.

Hobbies: He likes playing with Jackpot and enjoys taking care of it. He also likes solving puzzles and making mind games.

Theme Song: Hard choice, ngl. Probably this one:

Starter: Gospel/Gastly (Male)

Roleplay Sample now I'm psyducked here bc I've never done this before. I'm also sleepy so if something doesn't make sense, you know why it is.

Spoiler:
Bruno entered the Detention Center's visitors room and sat quietly as the warden at the other side brought his father in. The room didn't look much different than the ones in the movies he had seen before; it was a narrow but tall room, it had a few small fenced windos at the top of the left and right walls, it had grey walls and they were made of pure concrete and didn't appear to be clean at all. Standing at his back, there were two wardens, they almost looked the same and didn't seem as if they could listen to the conversation.
His father sat down and smiled while he grabbed the small phone to talk to him, and Bruno did the same.
"Hi, dad." He said in a low voice.
"How are you, son?"
"I'm... fine. Just stopping by for my weekly visit. Mom's here as well, but the warden didn't let her pass. You know how it is, only one person at the time."
"Yeah, I know." There was a short silence, but his dad broke it by asking "How's everything at home? How's Jackpot?"
"Jackpie is fine. Making a mess in the house as always, but he is doing fine." Bruno said as he chuckled, thinking of the other day when Jackpot hid mom's Master Rank Contest ribbon for two months thinking it was one of his coins, she was all nervous and freaked out searching for the ribbon during both months and when she finally gave up with it, Jackpot just took it out under the sofa where he hid many of his coins.
"Ha, ha, ha. Yeah, yeah I imagined so"
"Also, Professor Palm came to visit as well some days ago. I've been accepted in Cerulean's Trainer School!"
"That's great, son! But why the sudden change of heart? I thought you didn't want to do anything with pokemon battling"
"That's right, and I'm still not interesed a lot in it, but I was thinking, maybe if I travel around the region by myself I might find the person who put you here, gather some information and open your case again..."
Once he listened to that, his dad's smile suddenly disappeared.
"Son... Bruno... we've talked about this before."
"I know... but it isn't fair at all."
"Bruno, fair or not I don't want you to interfere in this matter, please. You're my only son, and I don't know what will I or your mother do if something happened to you. You're still a child, after all"
"I know! I know I'm only a child! And I get that you're worried about me! But I too worry about you and I want you to return home with us!" he said with teary eyes "I may not be the strongest kid around, but if I have the chance to do things right and change things for good then I think I have to do it. We miss you, dad."
His dad started crying.
"You're just like your mother, aren't you? Once you make a decision, there's nothing holding you back." he calmed down and breathed. "It doesn't make me happy, just so you know. I still don't want you to get into any kind of trouble, but I don't think I'll be able to change your mind at all. I'm still very proud of who you've become."
One of the wardens at the door called Bruno and made some signals saying that the time was over and that it was her mom's turn now.
"I need to go. Listen, I'm going to take you out of here. I love you, dad."
"I love you too, son."

Interesting SU! I will warn a little bit to not make him too flawless. Not being very physically strong or socially apt is a sort of common way to justify being intelligent with a vengeance. As long as you'll have fun RPing him, this is perfectly fine for this RP though ^^

You're accepted! Welcome :D

Astronaut

space adventure

Non-binary
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Hours Ago
33,071 posts
11.9 Years
finished my su unless anything needs changin'! :>
I think I got all the information we needed even though you didn't type out the SU information categories. So okay then ;)

The character is lovable and I so want him to team up with Ralph somehow at some time, maybe from time to time haha. I'll get back to you about the potential starter swap today.

Accepted!

Astronaut

space adventure

Non-binary
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Hours Ago
33,071 posts
11.9 Years
The sign up is... pretty much done! It still needs css and some minor tweaks, tho.
Image is actually this fanart of Ruri Kurosaki from yugioh ARC-V with some css filters above, because I'm bad at finding images like this.

Spoiler:

Name: Arianne Chandler
Hometown: Cinnabar Island
Appearance
Arianne stands quite tall at barely over 6' (about 1,83 m). She's more on the thinner side, though her years of practicing sports have mitigated this. She is not very pale, though she used to look more tan when she lived in Cinnabar Island (and even then, she'd get sunburnt from time to time).
Her hair is black and, when loose, reaches just past her shoulders - though she prefers to keep it more organized most of the time: her eyes are a much lighter shade of brown instead.
The clothes she will be using throughout the journey are mostly jeans, light sweaters or denim jackets, though she is also considering to carry with her something more apt for the summer season, such as short dresses, t-shirts, short trousers and tops. Her preferred colors for her clothes include black and dark blue (especially for her trousers), but also lighter, pastel colours.
She's already planned out her outfit for the first day of her travel though: black jeans and denim jacket, over a white t-shirt with some red details.
Unlike most of the girls she's seen around the college, she never strays from using backpacks to carry her stuff - her favourite being a quite large gray backpack with purple stitching.
Family
While the girl's family has lived in Cinnabar for generations, it only became a high wealth household relatively recently, when Arianne's father and some friends of his opened a small inn for tourists to stay overnight. Over the course of many years the inn has been expanded to a very renowned hotel: now Arianne's parents really want her, an only child, to carry on their legacy - and this is starting to become a cause of conflict.
Brief history
Arianne could only join the College at 13 years old, when after some failed attempts Professor Palm actually persuaded the girl's parents to let her leave Cinnabar Island. In fact, she never wanted to continue on her father's path, and always dreamed to escape her remote hometown instead.
She started to read, and subsequently listen to music or watch TV series and movies, for that very reason - and her interest was fueled even more by all the tourists she would see walking around Cinnabar Island. When it comes to school, she was on par with most of her peers - but whereas her parents wanted her to focus on maths, Arianne's favourite subjects were literature and, of course, geography.
All these things aside, though, Arianne has lived a quite sheltered and comfortable life in Cinnabar. Sure, the mere thought of living close to a volcano was enough to keep her alert, but no eruptions actually happened during the course of her life.
Personality
Arianne is, in most situations, quite shy and taciturn. She's not the one who usually starts conversations or likes to be part of large crowds - in fact, she only had few close friends in Cinnabar. Admittedly, growing up in a wealthy family made her fairly lazy and disconnected from reality: she in fact might appear air headed and indifferent to a lot of things, at first glance. Furthermore, she tends to run from responsibilities and from other people's commands, something that could get her in trouble at the college.
However, when she's more at ease with the people around her and the environment she's in, Arianne is more open and talkative - overall, a nice person to have around. Despite how she might appear, she's good at heart and cares about not only her friends, but also about all the places and things that help her feel good. Finally, she is quite capable physically and has good stamina - but doesn't like actual demanding tasks as much as practicing sports without any second purpose, and - since she was raised in Cinnabar Island - is very sensitive to cold. Going outside during winter is hard without a parka, a scarf and a woolen beanie.
Dreams or aspirations
Prior to this adventure, Arianne's biggest dream was to leave Cinnabar Island and explore what lied beyond the sea - a feat that she has already achieved partially. She doesn't really know or care about what will happen next, as long as Pokémon remain an important aspect of her life. And on a more specific note, Arianne has always wanted to fly on the back of a Pokémon!
On a more serious note, though, Arianne's desire to explore outside Cinnabar can be seen as running from her responsibilities and from her family to live life in her own terms - and this travel may as well be the perfect opportunity to learn more about herself and accomplish her goal. In short, she knows who she isn't but doesn't really know who she is.
Hobbies
Arianne's most notable hobbies are reading and listening to music, but also swimming. The sea and the Pokémon which lived there have always peaked her interest, as the sea is what separates Cinnabar Island from every other land. Moreover, songs and books let the girl know more about outside Cinnabar Island and acted as a way to escape, even if it was just fiction. During her stay at the college, Arianne tried to pick up different hobbies that could give her similar feelings. For example, she started to explore areas off the beaten paths or to find Pokémon she'd never seen before. She also tried her hand at cycling and skateboarding, not because it was necessary but because she considered that interesting and fun to try. One of the skills that she would like to learn instead, is how to work with Pokémon to solve... practical problems. For example, how to use the battlefield to her advantage, how to surf and fly with Pokémon, maybe even how to help other people who are in danger. She's just not quite there at the moment!
Theme song
OOC: I actually tried to find songs that could inspire me to write more about Arianne, rather than coming up with a theme song once the character was done. So, since I'm now so indecisive about what's the best theme song for Arianne, have three!
Brick by Boring Brick by Paramore - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A63VwWz1ij0
Peace of Mind by Boston - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edwk-8KJ1Js
The Escapist by Nightwish - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKuCFk1j_Io
Starter pokémon
Squirtle - ♂
Roleplay sample
https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=10076231#post10076231 (this I had fun writing! I'm weird. Also, I really do love cats!)
That is lovely ^^ Welcome to the RP!

Aquacorde

... to the w o r l d. 🥂

Age 26
Non-binary
Ankh-Morpork
Seen 48 Minutes Ago
Posted 4 Hours Ago
10,345 posts
15.3 Years
ok im officially stating my intent for casey to have charmander with bone rush :P

Astronaut

space adventure

Non-binary
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Hours Ago
33,071 posts
11.9 Years
ok im officially stating my intent for casey to have charmander with bone rush :P
but u said real stick

OH ok the move but he just uses the stick lol adorbs

Astronaut

space adventure

Non-binary
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Hours Ago
33,071 posts
11.9 Years
Reserving clefairyyy
Psyduck, I choose you~
Going to reserve Growlithe!
Your reservations are up, as more than 48h have passed. However, both Magilou and Dragon have talked to me about their character plans so I'm extending your reservations a while longer if you're sure your SUs will be up soon!

Cid however - how's the SU coming? Hard night out last night? ;)

Cid

Age 24
Male
Philippines
Seen 15 Hours Ago
Posted 15 Hours Ago
3,427 posts
11.6 Years
Here it is! Sorry for posting it so late!! Hope I can edit this a bit based on everyone else's since I haven't had the time to read the other characters.

I really do love cats

Credit goes to Vendily for the Yellow Stars CSS template, and FedUpHero750 from Starmen for the art!

Spoiler:

David Alexander

Hometown: Vermilion City

Appearance

David is a 13 year old boy with blond hair and blue eyes. He's a short kid, but he does have long arms, and he's taller than his younger brother. He is kind of average in build, so he's not too scrawny, and not too stocky either. To elaborate on some of his characteristic qualities-- David has a few scrapes and nicks on his knees, most of it from playing around in the streets of Vermilion City. To top it all off, he currently has a band-aid on his cheek from cutting himself with a thorny bush, because he was trying to retrieve a frisbee.

When it comes to what he wears everyday, David likes long-sleeves, striped shirts, cargo shorts, and sneakers. He is open to wearing any sort of costume if a role requires it, but other than that, he doesn't have a lot of knowhow with how to dress himself. Thus, he sticks to what he's used to.

Family

Coming from a middle-class family, David grew up in a relatively normal household. David's father Peter is an electrical engineer, and his mother Jean is a stay-at-home mom. He has a younger brother named Thomas, who is three years David's junior. Funnily enough, David picks on Thomas often, and used to make him cry a lot. Apart from those four, the family used to have a family pet, Peter's female Arcanine. She was blessed with a puppy, a Growlithe, shortly before passing away.

Brief history

David joined the school at age 11. Before that, he went to an elementary school in Vermilion City. As a kid, David used to want to become an engineer like his dad, but his parents quickly realized from his performance in school that he wasn't very smart. Thankfully, he had a passion for other things: the arts, and Pokemon battles. As a result, he was encouraged by his father to pursue those instead, and hearing that from his dad, David was happy to oblige. As a kid, he would play with his brother and his neighbors often. He took singing lessons, but he wasn't very good at it. He also played small parts in community theatre, and in those roles he did pretty good, making his parents proud.

When it comes to his performance in school, it's a bit of a miracle that he was allowed to go on the Pokemon journey after just two years, considering his lack of book smarts. People have low expectations of him passing on his first try, but he is determined to do his best.

Personality

David is a pretty friendly kid-- passionate, energetic, and ready for anything. As a byproduct of his fun-loving nature, he's kind of a class clown. He tries to make his peers and his teachers laugh, sometimes cheering up the mood when the class gets too serious. He also cares about his grades a lot, even though he's not very smart. This is a testament to his determination to do good, and to make his parents proud.

Unfortunately, that's where David's good qualities stop. On being a class clown, David thinks he's funny, but oftentimes he's not, to the point where others find him annoying. When it comes to things that upset him, like losing a game or being treated unfairly, David is angered easily. It gets hard for people to deal with these issues of his, because he doesn't know how to calm down when these situations happen. Getting a bad grade in school, which happens often, really upsets him. He cares way too much about what other people think of him, including what his parents think of him. He strives for other people's approval. And to make matters worse, he is also incredibly indecisive. Last, but certainly not the least, he does not have a good moral compass yet. He would pick fame and fortune over people who actually care about him, often hurting people in the process. Suffice it to say, he still has a lot of growing up to do.

Hobbies

David likes adventure and anything that gets him active. He likes track and field, basketball, and Pokemon ping pong. When it comes to the arts, the kid is a horrible singer, but he loves to sing anyway. He has pretty decent acting chops for a boy his age. For example, he can cry on cue, and he has found a lot of use for this in the small roles that he's played. Finally, he loves to eat, which complements his venturesome hobbies.

Dreams or aspirations

David wants to become the most successful actor in Unova one day, on top of being the best Pokemon trainer in the world. He also wants to do musicals in between movies, if given the chance. He is a bit scared of failing the Pokemon journey, but he has faith that his determination would overcome anything. This includes the possible shortcomings he'll experience, considering his mediocre performance in school.

Theme song

Spoiler: Gusty Garden Galaxy from Super Mario Galaxy

Starter Pokémon

Growlithe (M)
Bite / Roar / Ember / Morning Sun

Growlithe is the son of his dad's old female Arcanine, and became the Alexanders' only family pet after its mother passed away. David ended up bringing Growlithe to school in Cerulean, becoming its trainer. Growlithe misses its mom, as well as Peter, Jean, and Thomas, but is willing to accompany David and become his partner. It's still a young pup and has little experience in battling.

Roleplay sample

"Hey, no fair!"

Thomas tries to reach for his older brother's raised arm, but David remains steady with a smirk on his face. "If you want it back, Tommy, go buy us some ice cream."

"Come on, David, I just want my plushie!"

"Hey, mom gave you money for us to buy two ice cream cones. You can do that, right?"

Thomas frowns and tries one last time to reach his Pikachu plushie, to no avail. He looks down and sighs before walking away, hand in his pocket.

David looks at his brother and smiles, feeling very proud of himself. He sits down the gazebo and stares at the water. The sea south of Vermilion is still as serene as ever. There are no cruise liners in sight, so the horizon is unblocked from view. The sun is shining bright in the early afternoon. There is a slight breeze that David can feel brushing his cheeks, slightly ruffling his blond hair. This is the perfect weather to eat ice cream with his brother. He wishes he could live here again, but Cerulean City is where he goes to school now. In some ways he's only mean to his brother because he rarely gets to interact with Thomas anymore. David doesn't admit it, but he cares a lot about Thomas. He looks at Thomas's Pikachu plush in fondness.

A lass and her Meowth passes by, seemingly enjoying the good weather. The Meowth makes eye contact with David, and David acknowledges it with a smile. It smiles back and meows, before hurrying towards its trainer, who was too busy gazing at the ocean. The sound of the waves calms David, enough to make him feel drowsy. Shortly after, he hears his brother running back with two ice cream cones slightly melted on his hands. This effectively shakes off his drowsiness. David reaches for one and thanks Thomas, who sits next to him and wipes his free hand with his shorts. Thomas takes his Pikachu plushie with his still-sticky free hand and continues eating his ice cream. David starts to eat his.

Vanilla. He wonders if Casteliacones taste even better than this, because Vermilion's ice cream is already pretty good by his standards. It has to be, since it's the land of PokeStar Studios and Musicals. When he becomes a famous actor, he'll buy all the Casteliacones he would want. David comforts himself with the thought.

Astronaut

space adventure

Non-binary
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Hours Ago
33,071 posts
11.9 Years
Here it is!
Cute character! Will be fun to see how he fares with his Growlithe. Normally you were not supposed to know your starter bforehand, but perhaps Palm saw how much Growlithe meant to David and let him keep it at school and use it for his journey. So that's fine :) And Morning Sun as the move, as we just said on Discord.

Welcome to the RP!

I've allowed the currently accepted trainers to start posting in the IC thread. You will find it here: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=10076787#post10076787

Short or long posts are fine, and feel free to write about battling other rookie trainers or capturing the wild pokémon. I recommend that after you have done something that you assume might earn you levels (mainly battling or using moves somehow), you end your post and wait for me to hand out levels. I will do this in short GM posts in the IC thread :)

Until we're full cast, please don't do the Nugget Bridge quest yet.

Magnificent Magilou

Perfalmost Victory!

Age 33
Female
Seen 10 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Days Ago
743 posts
8.9 Years
"I'm gonna make a big splash!"

Rachel "Rain" Brussel / Female / 15 Years Old / Vermilion City

Appearance

Rachel, or rather Rain as she prefers to be called, is a young girl who is a bit on the shorter side, barely managing to reach an even 5'0" tall. She sports a lean, yet toned body build, on account of all of her physical activity. Rain has a fair skin complexion, which is complimented by her bright, orangish-hair color and olive-green eyes. A sporty dresser, Rain likes to dress as if she is going to undergo a great deal of physical activity. A pair of sneakers almost always adorns her feet, with a pair of cycling shorts or exercise shorts on her hips almost at all times. Rather than wear a tank top or a t-shirt (or anything else one might consider normal), Rain wears a swimsuit at all times, using it to double as a top of sorts. She offsets her attire with her beloved jacket that she keeps around her waist and a fashionable bandanna to help keep her hair out of her eyes when exercising. Rain carries her trainer goods in a bright red backpack. The bracelet she wears on her wrist was a gift from her grandfather upon graduation.

Family

Up until attending Cape College, Rain lived in Vermilion City with her grandfather and grandmother. Her grandmother runs a small flower shop located within the harbor town, whereas her grandfather is a retired police officer. Rain started to live with her grandparents around the age of eight years old. Before then, she lived with her parents both of whom also resided in Vermilion City. Both of them made their lives as fishermen, but were lost at sea during an expedition when a storm struck the town.

Brief History

Born and raised in Vermilion City, Rain was around water for her entire life. As stated previously, her parents made their living as fishers, often setting out to sea in order to harvest various fish Pokémon to sell at market. While the family was never rich, they made enough to get by and were happy. In fact, it was not unusual for them to take Rain out to sea with them (once she was old enough, anyways). Due to their lifestyle, Rain quickly developed a fondness for aquatic Pokémon and the ocean itself. When not out at sea with her parents or in school, the girl could often be found playing on the beach or at the docks, where she quickly grew to view other local sailors and fishermen as sort of an extended family of sorts. Her grandparents, her grandfather in particular, was not exactly thrilled with his family's choice in lifestyle. That said, he usually let it slide due to his fondness for his granddaughter.

Unfortunately, disaster struck the family shortly after Rain turned eight years old. Her parents were heading out on an extended fishing trip, one that they planned to be gone for a bit longer than usual. Not wanting Rain to miss out on too much schooling, they left the girl in the care of her grandparents until they would return about two weeks later. The red-haired girl begged to be allowed to go with them, however her father was adamant in his decision for her to remain behind this time. As one might expect, Rain reacted the way normal young child would over not getting her way and lashed out at her father for refusing to bring her along. Much to Rain's horror, this would be the last time that she ever spoke to the man.

Three weeks soon came to pass, without even so much as a word or a note from the girl's parents. Everyone in Vermilion City soon began to fear the worst and the fear soon became a reality. News was eventually brought back to the harbor city of a sighting of a familiar ship that was found drifting at sea. A recent storm had struck the area, and not a soul on the ship was to be found... The ship was the very one which Rain and her parents had sailed on many times.

Rain was devastated. She began to feel guilt for their passing, almost as if blaming herself for the way she treated them before they departed. Her grandparents did all they could to help the girl, but she never could seem to shake that feeling of regret. It wasn't long before Rain began to deny that they were dead. She knew they were just lost at sea somewhere, waiting to be found. Despite it all the pain it began cause her, Rain never lost her love of water Pokémon or the sea. Eventually, after she turned twelve, Rain would enter Cape College and learn to become a Pokémon trainer.

Personality

Enthusiastic and easily excitable, Rain is someone who is always with a smile on her face and a bounce in her step. She absolutely cannot stand to sit still for very long and can be seen as a bit of an... airhead at times, where her grades in school often suffered from her rather short attention span. Rain is a determined youth. Once she sets her mind on something, she makes it her top priority to see it through and she'll refuse to give up no matter how impossible it may seem. She can be a bit hardheaded in this regard however, often leading her to act without thinking something all the way through. Rain is brutally honest, and isn't afraid to share what's on her mind. That said, she has been known to speak without thinking and can even be known to insult those around her without realizing it.

Aspirations

Rain longs to become a master Pokémon trainer. In particular, she's looking to form and train a team consisting of only water type Pokémon. She often feels that the aquatic creatures are often overlooked, being viewed as unimpressive, weak, or simply uncool compared to those like ghost, psychic, and fire types. However, her goals in life are not only to train up a team of power water Pokémon. Once she has assembled a team and they have become truly strong, Rain plans to set out to sea and find her parents.

Hobbies

As one might expect, Rain's hobbies include anything related to water or just physical activity and exercise in general. In particular she absolutely adores swimming and fishing, the latter being something she picked up from her parents as a young child. While water is a big part of her life, it isn't the only thing on her mind. Rain also enjoys drawing quite a bit, often carrying a sketchbook around her backpack. Her subjects vary to local flowers and scenery to Pokémon themselves. As one might expect, they subjects she draws tends to be of the water typing.

Pokémon

Roland the Psyduck| Male | Serious | Quick Tempered | Dark Pulse

RP Sample

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9968726&postcount=3

Dragon

lover of milotics

Age 26
Male
Viridian City
Online now
Posted 4 Hours Ago
10,494 posts
6.1 Years
"Are you ready?! It's time for the fun to start!"

Name: Noel Yukino
Trainer Class: Harlequin
Place of Birth: Saffron City

Childhood/Family Life: The Yukino group were few of the best entertainers in all of Kanto. They became a world wide name, with the Yukino family at the front of it all. Noel herself was born and raised in the city of Saffron, the only child of her mother and father. Her mother and father were entertainers who did stuff like magic tricks, or acts that were humorous! Growing up, she loved watching her father and mother perform with their own pokemon, and it deeply inspired her to one day, perform in front of a crowd of her own, with her own partner pokemon.

While her dad and her mom are quite proud of her new goal, they also pondered, why entertain people? For if Noel didn't know her reasons for why she wants to entertain people, she could never obtain her goal. Turning 12, she decided to enter Cape College. Perhaps if she were to learn the in and outs of becoming a trainer, she would also become skilled enough to entertain as much people as she can. Though, her own reasons of becoming a entertainer were only added to another question of why she want to become a pokemon trainer. For now, her sights were set on becoming stronger, and becoming a performer.

Personality/Virtues/Skills: A fun-loving and energetic girl, Noel is very theatrical and loves to entertain people, traits he seems to inherited from both her parents. She idolizes her parents, and the rest of the Yukino group very much and wishes to become an entertainer like them one day. Noel has two sides of her: as to what she calls a "entertainer persona", Noel acts like a fool to have fun doing certain tasks and while she interacts with people. She uses quick catchphrases like "It's time for the fun to start!" as a means to transition to her fun loving persona. However, from this, people are often baffled, and believe Noel doesn't take things in life too seriously because of her buffoonery.

Deep down however, part of Noel's real self has a good deal of less self-confidence. She has a habit of shying away or hiding her face whenever she does something embarrassing or if something were to break her confidence. She can easily fall into a state of depression from this, and it can take her a while to come back from. Still, as she tries to mature, she will always come back to her feet eventually.

Noel likes Fairy type pokemon especially; they were all cute, and flashy; perfect for a show! She also enjoys baking sweets, and sewing new outfits for herself, or for anyone else that needs it. Make-up is one of her passions too; after all, only the right sort of make up is necessary to look good!

Pokemon:

CLEFAIRY - Luna - Female - Quirky - Flatter

RP Sample: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9987254&postcount=73

Astronaut

space adventure

Non-binary
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Hours Ago
33,071 posts
11.9 Years
:D
Nice SU! You are accepted, welcome to the RP!

:D
oohg I love the character! This concept was nice too :D Welcome to the rp, you are accepted~

Both of you, feel free to start posting IC whenever you wish ^^ I will invite you to our Discord as well ofc.

Astronaut

space adventure

Non-binary
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Hours Ago
33,071 posts
11.9 Years
Are you still accepting? I might like to join with Cubone if you are.
Always nice to see you in a journey rp :3 I was content with the players we had, but actually I don't think it's a bother if we are slightly more players in this one. People can choose whether they want to mostly solo post, or team up and interact a lot. So yes, I shall reserve you! Make sure to have your SU up as soon as you can, as we've already started posting IC.

If there is anyone else who would like to submit a SU, feel free to do so, as I opened up one additional spot too. We have Bulbasaur, Pikachu and Tangela left, but I can perhaps be persuaded to change those if you would really prefer other starters ^^

Astronaut

space adventure

Non-binary
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Hours Ago
33,071 posts
11.9 Years
Ooo.. can i reserve? Btw, if i could i really want a magnemite
Alright, last spot for the magnetic Wizard! Make sure to get your SU up within a few days.

WizardOfOdd

Kirbymania

Age 19
Male
Somewhere in Southeast Asia
Seen 6 Hours Ago
Posted 13 Hours Ago
366 posts
116 Days
Name : Edward Carter
Hometown : Lumiose City, Kalos

Quotes
"Why does everyone thinks i'm a delinquent!?"
"Do one more thing against my friends and you're toast."
"Pokemon Researchers says we have to completely rely on past objective data instead of current subjective outlook, but even data could change by the passage of time you know."

Appearance
Edward is a tall boy, with a height of 5' 10", messy brown hair, and light blue eyes, he also has a very toned build for his age. He use a black leather jacket with black fur collar and a long sleeved white T-Shirt. To complement it he wears a black pants and a silver belt. He also wear boots, blue sunglasses and black handwatch. This appearance made him look like a delinquent, but when asked why he didn't change it. He answered "The vibe around it feels kind of cool you know." He also carries a black backpack on his journey.

Family and Friends (and Sensei)
I'll also add a brief description
Dwayne Carter : Father, current E4 of Kalos region, Master of Dragon type, currently on a vacation leave from the league. Pretty carefree yet a loving father.
Sheila Carter : Mother, former head researcher of a lab, retires early to become a housewife. Pretty resourceful with machines just as she is resourceful with yarn.
Master Lee : Owns a dojo in Lumiose, Edward's sensei in martial arts. Oftenly berates Edward if he skips on his training, also a source of advice for Edward other than both of his parents.

They'll probably be on some of the posts through phone call or something available to contact overseas people, although i'm tempted to make Dwayne meets with his son at one point, but eh it's still to be determined

And the recurring characters, i present to you
Anna Carter : Little Sister, 14 years old. A cheerful and bright young lady, she's also a student at Cape College also trying to complete her own journey around Kanto. She has a female horsea nicknamed Aqua as her partner. Like his brother he enjoys cute stuffs and also in lesser degree quite analytical like his brother, unfortunately she's not that adept at tinkering machinery. She doesn't have any preference in pokemon, but she dislikes disobedient pokemons. She has a history in gymnastics which made her agile and energetic she still has a complex due to her height of 5'1". Her favorite food is his Brother's chocolate cake. Currently traveling with her classmates Erin and Jim . She really enjoys the company of his brother, because... (Spoiler Alert)
Spoiler:
He was there when she was utterly depressed and feel worthless when she was 8 years old, which is also why she was extremely devastated when the bullying happened to his brother. She also acts very spoiled when she is in vicnity of his brother

Elena Rosewood : Best friend, 15 years old. A quiet and reserved, but kind girl. She's Edward's best friend since their schooling days in Lumiose City, although she had to move out at 12 years old because of his father's job. She failed the entry test to Cape College so she had to enter Safari Academy instead. Her starter partner is a female Eevee. She has short hair and wears glasses, she love reading books and used to discuss about it with Edward in her spare time. She dislike Spinarak and Ariados due to an incident in her childhood. Likes spicy food but is shy to admit it. She still keeps contact with Edward until this day but only through phone calls. (Spoiler Alert)
Spoiler:
She was pretty much the reason Edward was bullied in school back in Lumiose Town. She was often be target of bullies because of her hobby of reading books and the fact she is using glasses get her called various names. When Edward stands up against the bully, instead it was Edward that gets bullied and not her anymore. Although she has a crush on Edward, she feels that she doesn't deserve to say it due to feeling guilty of causing Edward to be depressed at one point of his life. She also didn't know about Edward's transformation after she left Lumiose.

Erin White : Anna's classmate and travelling partner. Her partner is a male Onix. A very reliable person, came from Fuchsia City but choose to enter Cape College instead of Safari Academy since she's bored of her surroundings. Is a person who knew a lot of secret Anna holds since she is also her best friend. Hates cold. Never met Edward before they started journey around Kanto.

Jim Hastings : Anna's travelling partner, a slightly bumbling yet enthusiastic person who loves rain. He had caused a few issue by himself back at the College, but he managed to solve it on his own. He also surprising has quite a high grade at the college considering his personality. He had knew Edward when he was with Anna before. His partner is a Bellsprout.

Brief History
Edward came from Lumiose City in Kalos. He grew up mostly with his sister and his mother, with his father usually take a time off from the league to regularly visit them. Due to growing up mostly with his mother's supervision he learned a lot of skills usually girls excel at like cooking, and cleaning. Back there, he used to be make fun of and humiliated by bullies in his school due to his stature that wasn't so tall back then and also because he used to stand up for other people. He managed to persevere due to support from his family and his few friends, which made him learn martial arts from Master Lee to cope with his anger and depression. In the last year of school he started to get a rapid growth spurt which combined with his martial artist made the bullying stop due to the bullies being too afraid. He then entered the Cape College at 13 alongside his sister, but in Kanto he decides he need a fresh start including new outfit, which in turn made him looks like a delinquent. His lecturers and classmates were initially reluctant to converse with him, as they thought he was a naughty boy, but after conversing and learning more about him they stopped being afraid and starts to enjoy interacting with him. It didn't stop strangers from being scared at his presence though. He is also an eager learner in the academy which made some lecturers take notes on him.

Personality
Contrary to his appearance, Edward is actually a gentle and kind person. He however is a person who prefers listening rather than starts conversation himself, although if he is already comfortable with someone he may talks a lot with that person about himself. He is a person who is analytical and prefer to analyze what he can make of the situation to turn it into low risk, high reward but he sometimes is also too bold on strategies if it can help him win. He is also a responsible person who usually have a really hard time leaving struggling people alone even if he really wants to. He enjoys reading books under a tree while snacking as he found it very relaxing, other than that he actually have a wide variety of skills for everyday life like cooking, cleaning, tinkering machine, washing clothes, etc. Which helps with his popularity in the Cape College's staff circle. He enjoys coffee with milk and variety kinds of bread. But although gentle and is a very hard person to make angry, if his fuse is already lit, you should run quickly as he could wallop a guy until he's passed out. He also has a very good fashion sense for woman clothing as he usually recommend outfits to his sister, not on man's clothing though which he painfully accepts.

Hobbies
Reading books under a tree, Martial arts training, analyzing data, Relaxing while drinking coffee with milk and bread, sightseeing.

Dreams or Aspiration
At first Edward want to be a scientist like his mother. But after he often watched his father in national television, he wants to surpass his father and become a champion himself. After all, he can analyze and do research as much as he wants in the field while raising his pokemons. But even if that never come to fruition, his simpler dream is just to live happily around other people who is just as happy as himself.

Theme Song
Guilty Gear X2 OST (Slayer's Theme) - Haven't You Got Eyes In Your Head? - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9X1Ta1jN8E

Starter Pokemon
Magnemite - Illegal move : Flamethrower
Nickname : Copperfield (I'm crediting you for this idea haha, i actually was confused what should i name it but on my reply you say magnetic wizard and then i think who is a magician famous for levitating tricks so.. yeah..)

Roleplay Sample
"... And Mega Salamence used Draco Meteor! It's a clean sweep for Dwayne Carter!"

The TV was showing a championship tournament at Kalos, it was second round and the opponent was swept cleanly by the mighty dragon pokemon.

"Geez, dad never really hold anything back huh?"

The remark from Edward reaches the ear of her mother that's currently watching besides him

"You do know your father is an Elite Four do you? I'm sure he has some pride to keep, honey." Her mother says while smiling

"You think i can be as tough as dad one day?"

Hearing that, her mother replies.

"Why not? If you train as hard as your father i'm sure you can even beat your dad. Oh, that reminds me. I guess it's time to tell you, you actually need to study at a pokemon school if you want to be a Pokemon Trainer. I actually know a good one, it's called Cape College in the Kanto Region, one of my friends teach there so i guess i can leave you to him if something happens."

"Really? So i have to study again? I thought it was supposed to be easier."

"Haha, i'm sure you can do it honey."

The conversation that was going swimmingly was suddenly interrupted by a figure that suddenly appears behind them.

"Brother, could you sleep together with me?" Says Anna while tugging at her brother's sleeve.

"Anna, you're already 8 i guess it's time for you to start sleeping alone." Edward replies to his tired looking sister

"But.."

With Anna looking sad as she is, Edward then decides to oblige to her request.

"Sigh.. okay Anna.. but just today okay.. you should really try to sleep alone tomorrow. I guess i'll go now Mom, see you tomorrow."

"Okay, have a sweet dreams you two."

Btw, i really do love cats

Godzil

Dapper bowler hat

Age 29
Male
Arizona, USA
Seen 18 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
1,379 posts
9.3 Years
Name: Vera Hill
Hometown: Viridian Town

Appearance:

Vera is tall at 5' 10", but very thin. Combined with her pale complexion, she tends to look frail and sick, but her silvery blue eyes burn with strength. Her gray hair reaches past her shoulders, and she casually wears it loose, but puts it up in a bun for more formal occasions. She wears casual clothes (running shoes, slacks, monocolor t-shirts) with her favorite black flannel shirt over top.

Family: Violet Hill, Vera's mother, was once a well-known Contest star and Grass type specialist, now semi-retired. Her father Vincent Hill owns a lumber company that operates in the Viridian Forest. Her younger sister Vanessa is only 10, but her parents already consider her a prodigy who would be attending Cape College already if not for the age restriction.

Brief history: Vera was sick often in her youth, so she tended to spend most of her time at home. Her parents schooled her at home, only making her go to a public school when she was strong enough (coincidentally around the same time her sister was born). Even then she tended to stick to herself, and was an average student. She almost wasn't allowed to attend a trainer's school, despite her begging to go. Her parents finally relented when she was 13, almost too old to begin, her determination finally wearing them down. Knowing she wasn't a very good student she elected to stay for as long as she could, starting her journey later than many others.

Personality: Honest, but straightforward, Vera says what's on her mind without sugarcoating it. She's generally nice, but can also be a little bit catty. (I really do love cats.) This blunt attitude doesn't make her many friends, but she's generally fine with that, seeing friends as a distraction and being generally antisocial. She is determined to prove herself, and is proud of her accomplishments, but acknowledges her shortcomings. She feels that she takes things more seriously than her classmates, and puts in more work and effort than anyone, making her irritable when she doesn't do well. And while she has a hard time relaxing around others, when alone and not busy she savors any quiet moment or bit of fun she can get.

Hobbies: Due to her poor constitution, Vera was never interested in sports or physical activity, and usually spent her days reading or playing games. In the Academy, she found she enjoyed cleaning somewhat, but really liked cooking. She's very interested in food, from Berries to baked goods, both making and eating them.

Dreams or aspirations: Vera has the nonspecific goal of impressing her parents and upstaging her sister, despite her sister not doing anything worth mentioning yet. To this end, she wants to be a famous battler, or a famous Contest star, or anything as long as she's famous. She doesn't know how she'll accomplish that, and doesn't know what to do after if she does.

Theme song: Alessia Cara - Here https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YZRPRf84HO4

Starter pokémon: Female Cubone nicknamed Bonnie. Relaxed nature, she tends to just go with the flow. Likes to collect flowers. Her Hidden Power is Grass type, and she inexplicably knows Leaf Blade, surrounding her bone club in a sharp green aura.

Roleplay sample: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=10051780&postcount=7
Advertiser Content