• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Discussion] Pokemon/Item Trade In Essentials

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Aug 31, 2023
Hi is there or will there be a trade system built into essentials.

if there is not (which i expect to be the case) but if there are plans for one then how will this take place online conntection or like in Raptor were trade files are swapped and done that way?
I think that trade is an essential part of the pokemon games (and is kindda needed to evolve some pokemon)

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
there are trades done in game between the player and an npc but not between different players

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Aug 31, 2023
yh i know npc can do it just wondering if there is a way to to it with another player

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Alternatively, change the evolution methods. Feebas did.

Anything involving going online is beyond my knowledge, but would be the best solution. MySQL support has been added to Essentials for the next release, although I don't know how to work it - I'm sure it would support an online trade station feature, though, in which case I'd really appreciate an example version to be included with Essentials (plus details on how to make your own). It might even also allow online battles. As I said, I don't know how it works.

Programming-wise, from my perspective a file-based trade system would be easier (although still quite complicated), but requires the player to muck around with files which is undesirable.

As a subject, though, interaction of any kind with other players is not being added, at least not by me because it's hard and I have more pressing matters to deal with in Essentials. If someone else has a way, I'll look into it.

Back