• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Game Idea] The Real Story

Years
  • Age 18
  • Seen Feb 21, 2023
So the thing is, when I first played FireRed.....
I HATED IT (only the storyline)
I want to make something engaging, something not only about Pokemon but the lives of the Trainers as well. I want to start with the Kanto Region..
I admired PKMN DarkViolet by ChaosRush and PKMN Adventures Red Chapter by Aethestode.
But I have done a lot of research on Red's, Blue's and Green's( or Leaf's) story and I want to put everything together
Make the best Pokemon Game ever! In the whole world( spoken like Ash?). Speaking of the devil, I want to add him to. I believe him to be the 4th trainer
I am a story writer, musician with no coding or mapping or scripting or tilesetting or whatever other things.
But I know there is promise here. I had long dreamed of this....
So I need some guys to help me.

Something new, something great, something mature and the real story of our beloved characters.

Years
I see your new to the forum, Welcome!

I must admit I was a little disappointed with how little FRLG had differed from RBG, But if your interested in making a Kanto game with a better story then check out my recruitment post here. Maybe we can help each other reach our goals.

Years
  • Age 18
  • Seen Feb 21, 2023
See, our ideas are not different from yours. But the fact that there are many holes in the Pokemon Games story line. Since I was 9, when I first came across emulators and rom hacks, I had dreamed of making my own.
Looks like I haven't gone much far from then.... I have zero game scripting or coding skill (except learning Java for school). I have had tried to learn Rom hacking in the past but hopelessly gave up, didn't have much time either..
The only thing I can help with is the story, dialogues, and music (learning a DAW)..
The main thing I want to do is make Pokemon games great. I want to make a game which will leave an impact on the player. I am tired o the same old turn by turn battling, I want minigames, a modern and mature feel. I don't want this kiddish stuff going on.
I'm finally thirteen and decided to join Pokecommunity and I'm here for a reason..

Years
  • Age 18
  • Seen Feb 21, 2023
I don't want people to see this game and say "Oh! Another (insert adjective here) Kanto remake. I want people to see it and say "Woah! It's THE Kanto remake".
And I plan to not only recreate Kanto but all other regions as well, all with updated graphics

Years
Graphics can't be a problem...but scripting and eventing can take a lot of time. About 7-8Hrs of Eventing everyday,still you can't finish your game's story for a month. And Checking errors in Eventing is more Trouble.

_pheebee

[I]Gosh! What's poppin'?[/i]
Years
I don't want people to see this game and say "Oh! Another (insert adjective here) Kanto remake. I want people to see it and say "Woah! It's THE Kanto remake".
And I plan to not only recreate Kanto but all other regions as well, all with updated graphics

Dark Violet (i know you've mentioned) already did a good job on that.

If you wanted to make a remake that's THE Remake.
I suggest a different Region.

Johto, or Hoenn perhaps?

Years
Yeah, Kanto is overdone. If you want fan remake, perhaps Johto+Sinnoh. We have Sinjoh Ruin but has no indication what really connects the two region, story-wise~

Back